About Death

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Bonhumm
About Death

Post by Bonhumm » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:48 pm

I was wondering something about Death and it's 'incarceration' in the Death Sea.

Mainly: So what?

What did it change for mortals that the Passions locked him in there? Death is still very much active and (kinda) permanent in Earthdawn so what was the point in doing it? (Garlen's purpose was to remove to 'sting of death' but that obviously did not happen).

Incidentally; why should we fear it getting free?

Also: Anyone knows if there is any references about it getting free later on? Maybe in Shadowrun?

Marzhin

Re: About Death

Post by Marzhin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Bonhumm wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:48 pm
Also: Anyone knows if there is any references about it getting free later on? Maybe in Shadowrun?
I always assumed Death was released when the Fourth Age ended. Cue massive body count and all the great civilizations, already hit hard by the loss of magic, being kicked back to the bronze age or having to start again nearly from scratch.
AFAIK there's no reference to it in Shadowrun.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Slimcreeper

Re: About Death

Post by Slimcreeper » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:04 pm

I think it allows Last Chance Salves and the like to work. It's all semi-mythological though, so you can make of it what you will.