Knacks Preview

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Slimcreeper
Knacks Preview

Post by Slimcreeper » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:09 pm

http://fasagames.com/earthdawn/companio ... ew-knacks/

Okay, this is how I always wanted knacks to work but didn't know it! Really great work. The spellcasting knacks as minor actions is smart, and I like that some can be learned as skills.

So when is this thing coming out?!?

Mataxes

Re: Knacks Preview

Post by Mataxes » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:21 pm

I was just coming to post a link to the preview...

Glad you like it.

As for when the book is coming out... as soon as we can get it out. Here's the timeline (without dates, because... *shrug*)

NOW: Layout tweaks and fixes are being incorporated into the pre-art layout proof.
ALSO NOW: Art has been ordered.

NEXT: When the pre-art layout proof comes back, it goes out to Kickstarter backers, and we'll collect typos and errors that we missed.
WHILE: Artists do their art thing.

THEN: Art comes back from the artists. Layout adds the art to the proof.
AND: We do a final proof round to tweak stuff that got thrown off by art being added (because it happens).

SUBSEQUENTLY: PDF is generated, as are print files for the printer. PDF goes up for sale on the web shop, print files go off to printer.

FINALLY: Books get sent to warehouse from printer/binder, and we start selling them!
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:35 pm

So any day now!

ottdmk

Post by ottdmk » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:44 pm

Looks interesting! Also, nice to hear that you're continuing the tradition of sending out the pre-art layout proof to the Kickstarter backers (like myself!) It's a good thing.

I know you folks have gotten some grief over the pace of product, but I gotta say: What you've put out I've genuinely enjoyed, and you've managed to do better then the Onyx Path folks who Kickstarted Exalted 3rd Ed around the same time as the Earthdawn 4th campaign.

(One of these days I need to actually read through Travar. Haven't done that yet.)

etherial

Post by etherial » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:36 pm

Slimcreeper wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:35 pm
So any day now!
Sounds a lot like he said "Tuesday" to me...

(The purple text is there to indicate the above is sarcasm and is in no way intended to be taken seriously by anyone, especially you.)

I love the Thread Weaving Knacks. They sound like they'll make playing a Spellcaster even more fun.

Bonhumm

Post by Bonhumm » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:57 pm

Might I suggest a Knack for the Elementalist spell Plant Feast where said feast is now guaranteed to be gluten-free? :evil: