Journeyman Skills...

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
utsukushi
Journeyman Skills...

Post by utsukushi » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Just a quick question - I had it firmly in my head that starting characters can't pick Journeyman-level Skills in 4e, but I cannot find *anywhere* in the rules that actually says that. The only difference I'm finding in the rules between Novice and Journeyman Skills is the advancement costs, which, if anything, is all the more reason to make sure you take those at as high a Rank as you can justify right from the start.

Am I missing it? Or did I make that up completely?

etherial

Re: Journeyman Skills...

Post by etherial » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:11 pm

utsukushi wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:49 pm
Just a quick question - I had it firmly in my head that starting characters can't pick Journeyman-level Skills in 4e, but I cannot find *anywhere* in the rules that actually says that. The only difference I'm finding in the rules between Novice and Journeyman Skills is the advancement costs, which, if anything, is all the more reason to make sure you take those at as high a Rank as you can justify right from the start.

Am I missing it? Or did I make that up completely?
That sentence was accidentally left out of the final draft of ED4PG when it was in layout.