Elementalists in Elemental form

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Arimus
Elementalists in Elemental form

Post by Arimus » Wed May 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi, i'm playing Earthdawn for decades , and i have always looking foward a new edition of the game who would allow Elementalists totransform themself into Elementals. I think it's a real big miss in the elementalist way. It could be cool to transform yourself into an air elemental and pass a locked door trough a the keyhole or anything else you could imagine as an elemental would be able to do. Fight as a fire elemental...i could go all day giving you all my ideas at what could be done with a capacity like that.

The system is already all made for this anyway. Elemental stats are already available. It could be a spell like elemental spear that contain all elementals in one spell. Nethermancers can already change their form into nightflyer with the nightflyer cloak 4th circle spell so why not elementalis could do their things too? You could say that extra thread is to transform into a higher level elemental and extra successes could give more duration.

I don't know , but i think you guys could put it into an addon somewhere to fill this hole in the elementalist way.

thanks

Waijhou

Re: Elementalists in Elemental form

Post by Waijhou » Wed May 20, 2020 4:21 pm

I really like the sound of that.

The only thing that might hinder it would be game balance.

That would make the Elementalist extremely powerful.

ragbasti

Post by ragbasti » Thu May 21, 2020 7:45 am

Elemental Form exists, as a Master Tier ability. But it is not what you want it to be :|

I personally think that a spell like that could upset game balance quite a bit, as cool as it might be.
The Elementalist could become completely immune to a certain element on demand and gain a bunch of weird fluffy abilities on top. The looser the restrictions on this ability would be, the more doors for abuse would open up as well.

So while I like the idea, I don't think I'd want it in my game

Spader

Post by Spader » Sat May 23, 2020 10:02 pm

A midway compromise could be a spell that allow someone to apply an elemental Mask as per the Masks rules in the Companion. Except I would not allowed any modifier to the Action number.