ED4 Excel Character Sheet with creator element

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
PiXeL01
ED4 Excel Character Sheet with creator element

Post by PiXeL01 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:58 am

This is the excel character creator / sheet I made to help both myself and the other new players of my group manage their characters.
It should be complete and usable up to circle 8 although the preview information for the disciplines has been added.

take a look if interested. Feedback and bug reports very appreciated.
Attachments
Earthdawn - CharacterCreationSheet ver. 7.zip
(266.83KiB)Downloaded 1671 times

Jacob

Re: ED4 Excel Character Sheet with creator element

Post by Jacob » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:16 pm

Thanks! The generator works well.

Lursi

Post by Lursi » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:21 pm

PiXeL01 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:58 am
This is the excel character creator / sheet I made to help both myself and the other new players of my group manage their characters.
It should be complete and usable up to circle 8 although the preview information for the disciplines has been added.

take a look if interested. Feedback and bug reports very appreciated.
Nice tool to create NPCs!

I noted one detail where I think the calculation of stats is incorrect:
In your document, unspent attribute points are added to the karma modifier.
On page 66 in ED PG an example is calculated where the unspend attribute points are added as bonus karma AFTER multiplication of karma modifier and circle.
The example can be misunderstood (with some effort) because the circle of the character is 1 so the end result does not distinguish between these two different calculations.

A circle 2 human character with 1 unspend attribute point would have a maximum 12 Karma points with your method and 11 according to the canonical rules.

Personally, I find 1 point max karma a bit thin for an unspend attribute point. adding it to the modifier however is a bit overshooting. I think I will house rule it with a 2 max karma bonus for each unspend attribute point.

Changes: in order to be canonical, modify cell E14 on the creation page to: =PRODUCT(B14,I4)+C14

Of all things I lost, sanity I held dearest.

iduno

Post by iduno » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:15 pm

Has much changed based on the Companion?

I know it says there are 5 detect true element skills and 5 harvest true element skills, but I don't remember anything new that would impact character creation. Assuming you would use the same attribute and time as the talent knack, it's easy enough to add the lines to the general skills during play area. It looks like both of those are journeyman talents, so they don't need to go into the general skills during creation. I thought they might be novice skills, until I double-checked. I guess you could add the design enchanting pattern and create orichalcum skills as well, if you're messing with non-character generation stuff.

The only other thing I've seen that should be changed is also in the creation tab, skills section. The artisan skill (H-J row 20), and 2 knowledge skills (H-J 21 and 22) should probably be attached to "artisainskills" and "knowlegeskills" instead of "generalskills" in the data validation. That should make it easier for new players to choose the skills of the mandated types without getting a list of things they can't choose there. I had to make the change twice for it to take, but I also only just now noticed each row is 3 combined cells (my excel skills may be less than perfect).

True Neutral

Post by True Neutral » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:33 pm

Excellent work and thanks for sharing! This really helped me recalculate my current character.

kevsurp

Post by kevsurp » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:10 pm

are you still working on this?
if so as a us letter size user any way you get it to print to one page with out it shrinking the text
?
the old 3rd version had skills showing on the back page with equipment money and lp stuff

or have you look at converting it to google sheets for people who don't have excel?