Number of Spell

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Michael
Re: Number of Spell

Post by Michael » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:27 pm

I'm not saying you/GM how you run your game can't have peeps charge for spells.

in my setting that I run, the NPC spellcasters don't charge for you to learn a spell if you have a spell of roughly the same value to learn. However, rare spells is a whole other discussion

Sharkforce

Post by Sharkforce » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:59 pm

but why wouldn't they already know it if it isn't a rare spell? i mean, if they're spending their time hanging around teaching people, what are the odds that you're the first person ever to approach them with an offer of knowledge of that common spell? they only need to learn them once, after all.

Lursi

Post by Lursi » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:40 am

Anunnaki wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:32 am
Lursi wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:34 pm
I beg to differ. :geek:

Page 147 Earthdawn 2.Edition LRG
„... .Each time a character advances to a new circle they also learn a number of new spell levels equal to twice the new Circle without a Legend point cost. Depending on the arrengements made during training, the character can learn any spell in the trainer‘s grimoirr. These levels can be divided as the player sees fit. ...“
Awesome! I stand corrected, which is never a bad thing. :) Thanks! Might have to pull out my Second Edition books and read them some time. ;)

Take kaer, James

Note: You will want to edit your post to remove that link. It's a piracy site.
Yeah, Piracy! It has seduced me to buy so many physical books that I would never have known without it. (Live on the country side, no real rpg shop close)

These robbers! But I see what you mean.

I play 2nd Edition because the only Earthdawn group close to me plays it. I like the Redbrick Edition a lot more but rather play along a crappy edition with a great group that reading a great rule set in my own.
Of all things I lost, sanity I held dearest.

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:37 pm

Lursi wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:40 am
Yeah, Piracy! It has seduced me to buy so many physical books that I would never have known without it. (Live on the country side, no real rpg shop close)
Please don't advocate for piracy, or post links to piracy sites. Especially when legitimate e-book versions are available.

Especially on the site of the company that publishes the material in question.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com