Regarding Shared Matrice

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Nicsterdk
Re: Regarding Shared Matrice

Post by Nicsterdk » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:37 am

That is fantastic, absolutely good information and inspiration :)

This is somewhat how I had pictured my Nethermancer. Being an Elf, I will also incorporate the Elves natural love for life and beauty, into my fascination of Death and Spirits, and other namegivers bone structure. Giving him Flirting and conversation as skills, to make him a sociopathic womanizer, while adding the described Aloof, condescending and and arrogant edge will give great depths to my coming character.

Thanks a lot :)

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:45 pm

In my Barsaive Nethermancers are also seen as the best way to be sure that the spirits of your loved ones aren't tormented after death by the Horrors, so it is a love-hate, respect-fear dynamic.

Nicsterdk

Post by Nicsterdk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Awesome Slimcreeper, I am sure that will come in handy, when my companions start to complain :D

The Undying

Post by The Undying » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:46 pm

Well, just keep in mind that isn't a Rules As Written (RAW) thing, so may not (likely does not) exist in your game. That's one of the biggest forum dangers: slim was great about noting this was a thing IN HIS UNIVERSE, but putting your own spin on Earthdawn, even with minor or major changes from group to group with the same GM, is a thing. If you see something neat, discuss it with your GM - even if it's RAW, that might not be his/her vision for that game (which is okay!).