Half-Magic question

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
JeretJax
Half-Magic question

Post by JeretJax » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:21 pm

Hello all,

I am currently playing an Archer and I have a Half-Magic question. All the other Disciplines have decent enough Half-Magic uses except the Archer.

"Archers may use half-magic when caring for ranged weapons and to recognize different types of ranged weapons, ammunition, or their creators."

I wanted to expand on the character a little and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to utilize or expand on the half-magic that an Archer can do besides " hey look a bow.. Its a nice bow"..

Lamoron

Re: Half-Magic question

Post by Lamoron » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:10 pm

Someone shoots an arrow at you, you might be able to figure out where they got their ammunition from, but it's a super week half-magic for sure. That's actually the only use I found for it when I played an Archer. "*This particular feather, combined with that type of wood, indicates that it's from the xxx Region, maybe the fletcher Gorm from Peasentsville*".

Sharkforce

Post by Sharkforce » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:58 pm

hmmm... i don't think there's an actual talent for judging distances and angles from range is there? seems like something an archer should be good at. and i would think you could safely add knowing about various significant groups of archers.

i'm not sure what other sorts of things i would suggest if you were looking for ways to expand on archer half-magic.

Lursi

Post by Lursi » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:07 pm

I would grant him a little edge in hunting, wood related work and guessing distances.
Of all things I lost, sanity I held dearest.