Earthdawn on French TV

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
BTL
Re: Earthdawn on French TV

Post by BTL » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:36 pm

Don't want to seem offensive, but is it possible to keep the spoken/written language here to English? I can understand the urge to exchange about origin and so on, but please keep it either in English or by personal messaging. Maybe there is a chance to establish some national forums, but I think there are quite other places in the web where someone can discuss Earthdawn in his native language. At least I like the idea that people from all over the world share there thoughts right here, but it'll lose it's magic if any community starts to talk in it's own language.
Not personal, just thinking...

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Eh, I actually like that people occasionally break into other languages. Gives it nice flavor, reminds me that we are an international community. Based on the other forum, the number of non-English posts is typically negligible, and since this is an actual post about a French-language T.V. show it doesn't seem out of place.

bleeding

Post by bleeding » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:13 pm

Well, just several sentences in French.

On the previous forum, I always used English.

I don't think a few messages will be trouble...

etherial

Post by etherial » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:32 pm

BTL wrote:Don't want to seem offensive, but is it possible to keep the spoken/written language here to English? I can understand the urge to exchange about origin and so on, but please keep it either in English or by personal messaging. Maybe there is a chance to establish some national forums, but I think there are quite other places in the web where someone can discuss Earthdawn in his native language. At least I like the idea that people from all over the world share there thoughts right here, but it'll lose it's magic if any community starts to talk in it's own language.
Not personal, just thinking...
If you want to run an English-language-only Earthdawn forum, go ahead. This is the publisher's forums. All fans should be welcome here.

Telarus

Post by Telarus » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:40 pm

I love the idea of Earthdawn on TV. Well done.

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:32 pm

Telarus wrote:I love the idea of Earthdawn on TV. Well done.
Thanks Telarus :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:51 pm

Tonight we aired our 8th episode, which serves as our "midseason finale" (and true to form, it ended on a big cliffhanger ^^)
The adventure will continue in January :)

In this episode, we also introduced our own artwork for the main characters. The illustrations have been done by the prolific roleplaying-game writer and artist known under the pen name John Grümph.

I posted the art on my website if you're curious. Here's a sample: Ks'drelpa, le T'skrang Swordmaster :)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Telarus

Post by Telarus » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:42 am

Brilliant, all of them. :D
Last edited by Telarus on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:13 pm

Those are freakin' sweet.

PiXeL01

Post by PiXeL01 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:25 pm

Does that artist take commissions or requests? ^^