Journeyman Path questions

Discussion on playing Earthdawn. Experiences, stories, and questions related to being a player.
Crimifa
Journeyman Path questions

Post by Crimifa » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:59 pm

I am a little confused about 2 bits of the journeyman path

the talent options
would a rank 5 journeyman have;
5x novice talents
3x journeyman talents
1x warden talent
and morphism

-OR-

5 extra talents (2-5 must be novice, up to 3 may be journeyman, one may be warden OR morphism)

i thought the former (after all you arn't getting characteristic bonus and are paying through the nose in legend points, and the flexibility is kinda their shtick yeah?)
but closer reading has me more thinking the later (consistent with how all the others work. So is the sheer flexibility of choice they have really really worth all that?)

and my other questions are about is the journeyman talent knacks
does applied versatility work on any talent learned through versatility? or do i select one that it applies to?

if former, what does practised and skilled versatility do then? they don't stack and allow me to use more karma on talents with versatility, are they just to enable me to essentially use karma on versatility in 3 separate instances per round at increase strain cost each time?

if latter, that would essentially mean the later ones are to have other talents from versatility able to be karma'd and it costs more strain to do these other ones?

Panda

Re: Journeyman Path questions

Post by Panda » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:56 am

Greetings,

It is the second case, they receive no more than five talent options as indicated on on p. 8:
Each Path rank allows the adept to purchase a talent from the Path talent options list.
Applied Versatility (along iwth Practiced and Skilled Versatility) can be applied to any talent learned through Versatility. HAs you noted, they allow Karma to be used on additional instances per round.

Hopefully this helps.

Morgan