Resolved (3M): In the Hall of the Mountain King

Moderator:etherial

Sharkforce
Resolved (3M): In the Hall of the Mountain King

Post by Sharkforce » Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:25 am

Player: Orlam (Sharkforce)

Rumor: A small-time prospector with a claim in the Throalic Mountains has recently begun selling trinkets and treasures, including at least one item that scholars believe comes from Braza's Kingdom. Of course, Braza's Kingdom is known to have been infested with less-than-pleasant things and sealed up, and nobody wants any of them to be set loose on the rest of the world, so the Throalic Military is looking to hire some Adepts to go take a closer look. Oh, and also, neither the prospector or the squad of soldiers they sent to investigate and gain control of the suspected tunnel to Braza's Kingdom have been heard from in over a month...

Location: Below Throal, in Braza's Kingdom. Or maybe just in the mountains around Throal, if we don't get a chance to get that far or if the prospector has just found something else.

Circle: 3M

Reward: Nothing specific. Maybe light crystals/lanterns provided to help the party explore in dark places?

Benefit: Braza's Kingdom is rumoured to have many treasures, which could theoretically include almost anything. Of course, it is also known for being filled with horrors and constructs, most of which are significantly less valuable, and it sure would be nice if they weren't coming up to the surface.

Notable NPCs: I'm terrible at making up names, but maybe you are too. I don't think there are a lot of useful NPCs from previous adventures, so I'll just make up a few names and you can use them if you feel like it, or don't if you don't.
Torgak Stonebreaker, Male Ork Prospector
Ortah Stonebreaker, if you want a relative to show up.
Gareth Stonehold and Tenand Swifthand, members of the guard, who could either be the person giving the quest or someone from the previous expedition (live or dead), or I suppose anyone else you might need.
Last edited by Sharkforce on Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lashana

Re: Rumor (3M): In the Hall of the Mountain King

Post by Lashana » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:22 am

Adventure: In the Hall of the Mountain King
LFG: Link to the LFG post
AAR:
Notable NPCs and Features: