Rumour (Resolved but Reusable) (3M, but flexible): Greenhouse Effect

Moderator:etherial

Sharkforce
Rumour (Resolved but Reusable) (3M, but flexible): Greenhouse Effect

Post by Sharkforce » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:31 am

Player: Orlam (Sharkforce)

Rumor: A wealthy patron in Throal* wants to display their wealth by the time-honoured tradition of philanthropy. She is sponsoring the construction of gardens showcasing plants from all around Barsaive, and needs adepts to collect some of the more dangerous varieties from difficult-to-reach areas (whether the plants or the areas they grow in are the dangerous thing I leave to the GM). Perhaps she even needs special supplies to meet the environmental needs of those plants, or other plants she's already collected.

Location: For a 3M, probably not that far, but who knows? The Servos is one possible location to find unusual plants, but it could be up in the mountains, over the mountains, in an underground cave, who knows? I could easily see this being an ongoing/repeating rumour as well, so if you have 5 ideas, feel free to make 5 adventures.

Circle: Circle 3 is probably best to get the most people. I'm open to circle 2 or 4 if needed to make a group or to keep some PCs from falling behind the curve, at the GM's discretion.

Reward: Orlam is looking for healing supplies (in particular, a physician's kit and refills) although healer's kits, alchemical supplies, or various alchemical items could be suitable benefits in this or later adventures following on this one at the GM's discretion.

Benefit: The gardens will probably be pretty, and will make a nice tourist attraction. They will also be pretty useful since a limited supply of plants from dangerous areas will be grown there in greenhouses with specialized growing conditions to mimic the natural environment of the plants, some of which will have medicinal or alchemical uses.

Notable NPCs: I'm terrible at coming up with names, but maybe you are too. Use these if you want, or use someone else if you prefer.

Nefra Coinkeeper (Dwarf Female) is the head of the the Gray Cliffs Trading Company (used previously in Proxy Battle") that recently came into possession of the Caves of Koilos.

Trepe (Race/Gender unknown) is an Elementalist who has some degree of association with Jaspree. Last GM I *know* to have used Trepe is Reyntrannin (Langren), who has been somewhat less active on the Discord lately, in the adventure A Question of Nature. They could make a good candidate for head gardener if you need one.

As usual, I am super flexible on this. Note the asterisk on Throal being the location the gardens are being built in; if you have somewhere else in mind, that's cool too, so long as a group of PCs from Throal could reasonably be hired for it of course. Likewise, if you have your own suggestion for a patron in mind, that works too (for example, I know Zil owns a magical container for growing plants and could potentially be interested in sponsoring something along these lines, if Chris wants to volunteer his character for this).
Last edited by Sharkforce on Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lashana

Re: Rumour (3M, but flexible): Greenhouse Effect

Post by Lashana » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:33 pm

Mine