[RESOLVED] (5H) Choose Your Own Adventure

Moderator:etherial

Sharkforce
[RESOLVED] (5H) Choose Your Own Adventure

Post by Sharkforce » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:55 am

Zivilyn is looking to multi-discipline into Elementalist. I have two possible rumours to use; feel free to choose either one, and as usual, I am fairly flexible on most of the details. There is already a reasonably powerful Elementalist, Dorsha Mennanir, who could potentially be used as an NPC in the quests. Last I heard, she was hanging around the Aeronautics Club mostly, but she could easily have other interests extending to these possible adventures. Last time I adventured with her, she had a bodyguard (who mostly did nothing), but that may have been related to the Aeronautics Club as well.

Player: Zivilyn
Rumor: The Forest Awakens OR Little Mine of Horrors

Possibility 1: Some time ago, a migrating forest was spotted to the south of Throal. It has been spotted a few more times, and an Elementalist (name TBD) believes (s)he has discovered the path along which the forest is moving, and wishes to study it; it could be Wood Spirits, or some sort of ancient elemental Wood magic, or any number of other interesting things. Unfortunately, their research suggests the forest is deep in the mountains right now, where all manner of dangers lurk (could be creatures, spirits, or even a Troll Moot looking to claim a source of lumber for airship-building)

Possibility 2: Kaer Irondelve is closely associated with the element of Earth, but the mines there have not been re-opened since a group of horrors (some sort of doppleganger) stole the identities of some locals and ran off into the cave systems. Not only does this mean the mines are not being worked, but it also means that exploring the cave system would be dangerous. An Elementalist (name TBD) is interested in studying the caves for signs of the same Elemental Attunement that exists above-ground, and requires some protection and assistance along the way.

Location: as above, either the mountains or in Kaer Irondelve.
Circle: ECR 5H
Reward: Training as an Elementalist (and anything else you feel inclined to offer).
Benefit: Unknown for the forest. Chris D originally placed it in a game, and had no specific intentions regarding it, so it could be anything; a Named Wood Spirit, a new spell that could help Throal clear land and move forests to places that need it, or whatever else you can imagine, which could either be very useful or not very useful. If Kaer Irondelve is cleared of horrors, the mines would be opened and the people of Kaer Irondelve could begin mining and trade high-quality iron all across the region.
Notable NPCs: If you are adding a named NPC, even if it's just the source of the rumor.
Last edited by Sharkforce on Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reyntrannin

Re: REQUEST (5H) Choose Your Own Adventure

Post by Reyntrannin » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:46 am

Claimed.