ECR: 6 (35,000-70,000 Legend)
Lifetime Legend Total:35,240
Unspent Legend:190
Thread Item Points: 19
Silver: 1,715

Sign-Up
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] [url=http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1963]Redsun[/url]
[b]Date of Last Game Played:[/b] 2020-10-03
[b]Circle:[/b] 5
[b]Discipline:[/b] Archer
[b]Unique:[/b] Troll investigator.
[b]Downtime:[/b] Research Rank 2 Step 13 (step 16 with library access)

Note: [color=#FF0000][b]Primary Character.[/b][/color]
Discipline: Archer
Circle:5
Discipline Abilities: Durability 5
Karma: The adept may spend a Karma Point on Perception tests that rely on sight
Defense: +1 Physical Defense
Karma: The adept may spend a Karma Point on Initiative tests that rely on sight
Defense: +1 Mystic Defense
Karma: The adept can spend 1 Karma on Damage tests made with ranged weapons

Characteristics
Dex:16 / 7
Str:16 / 7
Tou:13 / 6
Per:16 / 7
Wil:12 / 5
Cha:10 / 5

Karma Mod:3
Karma Step:3
Karma Max:15
Uncon: 51 (49 targeting eye)
Death: 62 (60 targeting eye)

Init:7 (6 armor Spaids Noir Crystal)
PD:11
PA:6 (Spaids Noir Crystal)
MD:10
MA:2(6) (Spaids Noir Crystal)
SD:6

Movement:14
Carrying Capacity:175
Wound Threshold:9
Recovery tests per day:3

Other Talents
Racial Talent: Heat Sight

Discipline Talents
Spoiler:
First Circle Discipline Talent: Missile Weapons (5)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Mystic Aim (6)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Avoid Blow (5)
First Circle Discipline Talent: True Shot (2)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Arrow Weaving (6)
First Circle Optional Talent: Awareness (5)
Second Circle Discipline Talent: Mystic Pursuit (2)
Second Circle Optional Talent: Stealthy Stride (5)
Third Circle Discipline Talent: Anticipate Blow (5)
Third Circle Optional Talent: Tracking (3)
Fourth Circle Optional Talent: Creature Analysis (5)
Fifth Circle Discipline Talent: Spot Armor Flaw (4)
Fifth Circle Optional Talent: Resist Taunt (4)

Free Talent: Call Missile (5)
Questor of Mynbruje
Devotion: 5/Adherent
Devotion Points: 21 (step 4/6)
Devotion Abilities: The Questor can spend a devotion point on a test to uncover information, either research or for an investigation.
The Questor can spend a devotion point on an interaction test.
Spoiler:
Follower Devotions
Rank 1: Empathic Sense (4)
Rank 2: Research (2) (13 + library(3) =16)
Rank 3: True Sight (3)
Rank 4: Conversation (3)
Rank 5: Evidence Analysis (4)
Skills
Spoiler:
Knowledge Skill: History of Barsaive (2)
Knowledge Skill: Creature Lore (2)

Read/Write Language: (2) (Dwarf, Troll)
Speak Language: (2) (Dwarf, Troll)

Artisan Skill: Wood Carver (1)
General Skill: Wilderness Survival (2)
General Skill: Surprise Strike (3)
General Skill: Haggle (1)
General Skill: Second Shot (2)
General Skill: Physician (1)
General Skill: Disarm trap (1)
Equipment:
Adventurer’s Kit (backpack, bedroll, flint & steel, torch, waterskin, large sack)
Artisan Tools (relevant to character’s Artisan skill; needs gamemaster approval)
Dagger
Traveler’s Garb (soft boots, shirt, belt, robe or breeches, traveler’s cloak)
Trail Rations (1 week)
Padded Leather (25sp) Forged(1 PA)
Buckler (5sp)
Troll Sling (15sp)
Booster Potion (2)
Forged Medium Crossbow (2)
30 Medium crossbow bolts
Quiver
Seeker Crossbow
2 Kelix's Poultice
1 Salve of Closure
physician's kit
Absorb Blow (2)
Targeting Eye

Thread Item:

Seeker
Spoiler:
Seeker: Found 8/23/2020 TIP (16) Forged (6)

Maximum Threads: 2
Mystic Defense: 12
Legend Point Cost: Journeyman

This medium crossbow is ornately constructed from a variety of different woods. They are fitted together in an intricate puzzle, seeingly held together by the fitting alone. It is further carved to accentuate the bold lines of the fittings and highly polished.

The crossbow resizes to fit the owner, but does not fire larger than medium crossbow-sized bolts, regardless of the size. In the hands of a troll or obsidiman, it becomes a Size 5 weapon and weighs 10 lbs, but is otherwise unaffected. If the owner is a windling, it is a Size 2 weapon and they must manufacture custom bolts. It is Damage Step 3 with short range (2-20 yards) and long range (20-40 yards).

Thread Rank One
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn the crossbow’s Name.
Effect: The medium crossbow is Damage Step 6.

Thread Rank Two
Effect: The wielder gains +1 to Attack tests with the crossbow.

Thread Rank Three
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn who created the crossbow.
Effect: The wielder gains +1 rank to Awareness.

Thread Rank Four
Effect: The wielder gains +2 to Attack tests with the crossbow.

Thread Rank Five
Key Knowledge: The owner must learn all the woods used to create the crossbow.
Effect: The wielder gains the Seeker ability. As a Free action for 1 Strain, the configuration of the crossbow shifts slightly, aiding the wielder in finding the target’s weaknesses. The wielder gains +3 to their next Attack test when using the Called Shot combat option (Player’s Guide, p. 384 and Gamemaster’s Guide, p. 251).

Thread Rank Six
Effect: When using Seeker, the wielder does not pay 1 Strain for using the Called Shot combat option. The wielder must still pay the Strain cost for using Seeker.

Item History 3; Research 3
Spaid's Noir Crystal
Spoiler:
Spaid’s Noir Crystal Found Sept 24th TIP(18) Forged(PA +1 Sept 26 2020)

Maximum Threads: 1
Mystic Defense: 12
Legend Point Cost: Journeyman

This crystalweave armor is made from ivy with variegated leaves, going from almost black to lighter green. The living crystal is clear to smoky gray with intricate runes carved along it.

Thread Rank One
Key Knowledge
: The owner must learn the armor’s Name.
Effect: The armor is Physical Armor 4.

Thread Rank Two
Effect
: The wearer gains +1 rank to Tracking

Thread Rank Three
Key Knowledge
: The owner must learn about the bound spirit, including its Name and specific spirit type (more specific than “wood spirit,” but what kind of wood spirit). [Marlowe, a bannion wood spirit]
Effect: The ivy in the armor becomes slightly animated, shifting and moving to draw the wearer’s attention. The wearer gains +1 rank to Awareness.

Thread Rank Four
Effect
: The ivy reaches up to scratch the wearer’s chin, helping them see beyond the obfuscations of weather. The wearer’s Tracking tests are unaffected by weather conditions.

Thread Rank Five
Key Knowledge
: The owner must learn what kind of ivy was used to create the armor and where it can be found. [Noir ivy, Glenwood Deep]
Effect: The ivy shifts, creating noise that sounds like whispers, aiding the wearer to focus and see beyond the passage of time. Increased Tracking Difficulty Numbers due to passing time are reduced by 3.

Thread Rank Six
Effect
: The wearer's skin becomes like hard, boiled leather and gains +2 to their Toughness Value.

Item History 3; Research 2

Brief Backstory:
Redsun is a rare sight in the world. A troll archer...A troll with a bow...Since his tribe uses the troll sling exclusively and archer adepts are very rare he set out to find other archers. He hopes that other archers can help him understand how such small and flimsy bows could be so effective. He hopes to find a proper sized bow in the future or at least some nice rocks for his sling. While he is traveling and learning he has taken work as a caravan guard as honorable trolls make some very effective guards.

Character Concept:
Spoiler:
Redsun after spending some time living in Throal and exploring the world has decided to become a champion of justice and using his talents to become an investigator. He will become a questor of Mynbruje in the near future and spend his time searching for the truth and solving crimes. I plan to focus more on seeking the truth than justice similar in concept to Mulder and Sherlock Holmes(BBC version) where the search for truth and solving the puzzle/crime are the focus, while justice is the secondary concern.

After spending so much time in Throal Redsun has decided to move to Sosanopa and open an Investigation practice as he has become a questor of Mynbruje. The stone house in the growing river side neighborhood appeals to Redsun. The town is growing and the local tavern Barge and tankard has the most delicious mutton stew.

After Redsun's run in with the Invae he has become more and more worried and focused on spirits and spirit possession. The fact that these bug spirits also corrupted people into perverted bug hybrids just turns his stomach. He will become an expert on spirits looking for anything he can find on Invae so he can be well situated to assist in removing any future hives.
Recent History:
Spoiler:
Since I have started helping the people of Barsaive I have run into many other adepts and helped many people. Some of these adventures have been more impactful than others.

The said adventure was when I helped Juniper and the workers at the Circle K farm. This was my first encounter with a horror and while we defeated the human helpers the horror it's self ran off into the forest. This horror could still be out there looking for another farm to infest. At the time I lacked the abilities to track it down.

The second impactful adventure was the Dyre Straits as one Brizius Bonecall was conducting breeding experiments to improve the aggression of Dyre's for some reason. His experiments were of a corrupt nature and resulted in local animals attacking anyone with even a hint of his corruption on them. He had left well before we arrived on the scene but his residue was still around and even more troubling was the fact he wasn't working alone. He was part of 'The Scourge". I should ask Nib to research that for me.

The next adventure was helping Killian and his community at the lifestone. This adventure wasn't very odd except we ran into several creatures which showed the same corruption that I found during the Dyre Straits adventure. The two locations were leagues apart as Brizius was located in the plains while Killian's lifestone was located in the mountains. Was there another member of this Scourge conduction experiments in the mountains or was this just fallout from Horror's impact on the land?

Harmony, oh what a strange town. This one started as a solo trip as I'm searching for a town that isn't underground to live in. Harmony had a reputation of being peaceful and wonderfully safe. Well the bug spirits and their pet giant ants kept it that way. The town was being protected and supplied with food so namegivers would come and live in this happy little commune. Then the bug spirits could take some of the namegivers and infest them with their spirits from the astral so that they could grow a hive here and live here. We purged the hive but once again I fear that someone fled while we were engaging with the bug spirits. Also the spirits are likely to try again. I'll keep alert to any future rumors and stories that could be tied to these bug spirits.

The most recent adventure started off simply as another town visit. This time to Kohldur as Bloodbeat wanted to visit some long lost friends. Once we arrived it was obvious that the young dwarf she was meeting with was in some trouble of a criminal nature. After being attacked by a mystery beastmaster we discovered Viktor, the young dwarf, was kidnapped by this same mysterious beastmaster. I'm currently planning a return to Kohldur to rescue young Viktor and bring this beastmaster to justice. Hopefully I can start to bring some of these troublemakers to justice.

I meet with one of the most confusing people I hope to ever meet. I was asked along with some of my friends to assist in rescuing a war hero? criminal? savant? crazy lizard by the name of Marrduk. He and his team were war heroes but something went sideways and they were convicted, apparently falsely, and have been on the run ever since. Marrduk ran into the Grey Company who captured him at their camp in the plains and requires rescuing. Our research indicates that Marrduk and his comrades have been helping the people of Barsaive and their military records have been removed in what seems like some kind of cover up. We did rescue Marrduk and hopefully corrected a minor injustice.

I have traveled back to Kohldur to find poor Viktor and discovered the town folk boarded up in their homes terrified of some large wolves and the astral is heavy with corruption. Something nasty has come to Kohldur we need to find out what is going on. Our investigation lead to a mine system under the town and some Kreeshk attacked us. These nasty astral horror creatures ambushed us from the astral and took a nasty chunk of me with them. We chased them back to the astral and found the cloaked elf, some wolves a "human" a horror pit and Viktor hanging over the pit. It became apparent that the Elf was being manipulated to move against Viktor for some reason by the "human". We were able to explain what was going on wasn't normal and certainly wasn't any form of Justice. The human jumped into the pit and disappeared as we were able to save two souls this day. I decided that becoming a Questor of Mynbruje would let me search out the truth, bring justice and help to the land of Barsaive,

I have decided to move into a new stone house in the river district of Sosanopa as the atmosphere and excitement in this growing town appeals to me. The mutton stew at the Barrage and tankard doesn't hurt either. I will setup an investigation practice to assist the town folks with their problems and help them get proper justice. I've also started to invest in some books on spirits as the Invae are an invasive pest that need to be purged from barsaive.
Last edited by redwraith on Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 48 times in total.

ottdmk

Re: ECL 1:Redsun Thandrun, Troll Archer

Post by ottdmk » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:01 pm

Sanctioned!
Spoiler:
redwraith wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:04 pm
Roll20 Name: Redwraith
Discord ID: Redwraith
Character Name: Redsun Thandrun (he)
Race:Troll

ECR: 1 (0-599 Legend)
Lifetime Legend Total:0
Unspent Legend:0
Thread Item Points:0
Silver: 3.7

Discipline: Archer
Circle:1
Discipline Abilities: Durability 5
Karma: The adept may spend a Karma Point on Perception tests that rely on sight

Characteristics
Dex:16 / 7
Str:16 / 7
Tou:13 / 6
Per:16 / 7
Wil:12 / 5
Cha:10 / 5

Karma Mod:3
Karma Step:3
Karma Max:3
Uncon:31
Death:37

Init:7
PD:10
PA:4
MD:9
MA:2
SD:6

Movement:14
Carrying Capacity:175
Wound Threshold:9
Recovery tests per day:3

[Discipline] Talents
First Circle Discipline Talent: Missile Weapons (3)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Mystic Aim (2)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Avoid Blow (2)
First Circle Discipline Talent: Awareness (1)

Free Talent: Call Missile (1)

Other Talents
Racial Talent: Heat Sight

Skills
Knowledge Skill: History of Barsaive (2)
Knowledge Skill: Creature Lore (2)

Read/Write Language: (2) (Dwarf, Troll)
Speak Language: (2) (Dwarf, Troll)

Artisan Skill: Wood Carver (1)
General Skill: Wilderness Survival (2)
General Skill: Surprise Strike (3)

Equipment:
Adventurer’s Kit (backpack, bedroll, flint & steel, torch, waterskin, large sack)
Artisan Tools (relevant to character’s Artisan skill; needs gamemaster approval)
Dagger
Traveler’s Garb (soft boots, shirt, belt, robe or breeches, traveler’s cloak)
Trail Rations (1 week)
Padded Leather (25sp)
Buckler (5sp)
Troll Sword (50sp)
Troll Sling (15sp)

Brief Backstory:
Redsun is a rare sight in the world. A troll archer...A troll with a bow...Since his tribe uses the troll sling exclusively and archer adepts are very rare he set out to find other archers. He hopes that other archers can help him understand how such small and flimsy bows could be so effective. He hopes to find a proper sized bow in the future or at least some nice rocks for his sling. While he is traveling and learning he has taken work as a caravan guard as honorable trolls make some very effective guards.

redwraith

Post by redwraith » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:37 am

Farmer in the Dell
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 975#p14695

Rewards:
TIPs: 3
Legend points: 840
Silver: 150 + 2x booster potion
Are you going to write a Journal?

Downtime:

Legend Spent:
Arrow Weaving, Novice Talent 0->2 (300lp)
Mystic Aim, Novice Talent 2->3 (300lp)
Awareness, novice Talent 1->2 (200LP)

Purchases in the Grand Bazaar:
Archer, Circle 1->2 (200sp)
2x Booster potion (included in alternate rewards)

redwraith

Post by redwraith » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:53 pm

Strange Things Afoot at Circle K
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1988

Rewards:
TIPs: 5
Legend points: 1200
Silver: 300

Are you going to write a Journal?
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 831#p14831
LP: 60
SP: 75

Downtime:
Craft Medium Crossbow (Jarock to craft) (2 Days)
Forge Crossbow to Rank 1, 2 (Jarock to forge)(7 days, ESR 14)

Legend Spent:
Raised [Avoid Blow] to [3] ([300])
Raised [Awareness] to [3] ([300])
Raised [Stealthy Stride] to [1] ([100])
Raised [Stealthy Stride] to [2] ([200])
Raised [Stealthy Stride] to [3] ([300])

Crafted Medium Crossbow(50sp)
Forged medium crossbow (75sp)
30 Medium crossbow bolts (40sp)
Quiver (2sp)

redwraith

Post by redwraith » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:36 am

Unbreak the Bow
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1998

Rewards:
Legend points: 840
Silver: 250
Are you going to write a Journal? yes
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 921#p14921

Downtime:

Legend Spent:
Arrow Weaving, Novice Talent 2->3 (300lp)
Anticipate Blow 0->3 (600lp)

Archer, Circle 2->3 (300sp)

redwraith

Post by redwraith » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:48 pm

Food Fight
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2027

Rewards:
Legend Points: 840
Silver: 250
Journal:
http://www.fasagames.com/forum/viewtopi ... 153#p15153

Haggle Skill 0->1 (5 SP) (7days) training half off
Forge Armor Padded leather 4 ->5 PA (49 SP) (7days)

Legend Spend
Raised Missile Weapons to 4 [500]
Mystic Pursuit to 1 [100]
Haggle skill to 1 [200]

redwraith

Post by redwraith » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:23 pm

Dyre Straits
http://www.fasagames.com/forum/viewtopi ... =55&t=2025

Rewards:
TIPs:3
Legend Points: 2,310
Silver: 469
Journal: Yes
http://www.fasagames.com/forum/viewtopi ... 240#p15240

Downtime:
Second Shot: 0->1 (5sp) (7days)

Legend Spent:
Mystic Aim 3->4 [500]
Avoid Blow 3->4 [500]
Awareness 3->4 [500]
Anticipate Blow 3->4 [500]
Second Shot 0->1 [300]

redwraith

Post by redwraith » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:31 pm

Talkin 'bout my Generation

http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2033

Rewards:
Legend Points: 1,470
Silver: 343.8
Journal: Yes http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 310#p15310

Downtime:
Circle Training 3->4 [5 days]
Item History 1 [1 week]
Nib Research 2 [1 week]
Item History 2 [1 week]

The item histories occurred at the same time as the circle training and the research by Nib.

Legend Spent:
Stealthy Stride 3->4 [500]
Arrow Weaving 3->4 [500]
Mystic Pursuit 1->2 [200]
Thread Item 0->1[200]

Archer Circle 3->4 (490 SP)
Item History 294 SP (haggle lvl1)
Nib Research 300 SP
Library Access for NIB 20 SP
Last edited by redwraith on Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redwraith

Post by redwraith » Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:40 pm

Generalized Fraternity
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2064

Rewards:
Legend Points: 2,310
Silver: 468.8
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 064#p15421

Downtime:
Item History 3 [1 week]
Jarock Forge Weapon [1 week] (Seeker ranks 1&2)
Jarock Forge Weapon [1 week] (Seeker ranks 3&4)

The item history occurred as Jarock was forging Seeker.

Legend Spent:
Mystic Aim 4->5 [800]
Thread Item 2->3[300]
Thread Item 3->4[500]
Thread Item 4->5[800]

Forging Seeker 1-4 (250sp)
Item History 3 (187.5sp)
Last edited by redwraith on Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

redwraith

Post by redwraith » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:51 am

Long Ago but Not Forgotten
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 518#p15477

Rewards:
Legend Points: 1,470
Silver: 343
http://fasagames.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 518#p15518

Downtime: