AAR: [2H] Ant Farm - 2021-04-01 @ 23:00 GMT -Updated Time

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:57 am

LFG: [2M] Ant Farm
Time: 2021-04-01 @ 23:00 GMT
GM: Xzandrate
Difficulty: 2 Medium (Shifted to Hard due to opponent choice)

Rumor: : As if the shifting walls and streets of the city are not deterring enough, the farmers attempting to till the land around the town of Trayckid have had a swarm of insects devouring their crops.
Reward: Open to suggestions

Notes: Up to 5 players (7 PM Eastern)
Last edited by Xzandrate on Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

verse86

Re: LFG: [2M] Ant Farm (2021-03-26 2300 GMT)

Post by verse86 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:09 am

Back in with new time.

Name: Z'mokki
Date of Last Game Played: 3/20/2021 currently
ECR: 2
Discipline: Thief 2
Unique: A boisterous thief
Downtime:
Last edited by verse86 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:43 am

Name: Valteri Tuoni
ECL: 2
Discipline: Nethermancer
Quote/Unique: I speak for the fallen, the nameless - for those who gave the last full measure of courage.
Notable Abilities: Makes good tea.
Downtime: Nothing yet.
Last Game Played: 2021-03-20

OR

Name: Youghdel von Smeshfays
ECL: 2
Discipline: Sky Raider
Quote/Unique: Sky Raiders in flight. Afternoon delight!
Notable Abilities: Stronkest Windling.
Downtime: Fuck off.
Last Game Played: 2021-03-20

Serespar

Post by Serespar » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:15 pm

Name: Kayapo
Date of Last Game Played [ Scenario ]: [ March 19, 2021 Pick a Peck of Pumpkin Pie ]
Circle: ECR 3, Circle 3
Discipline: Windling Shaman ( Novice Rank )
Unique: "Mystic windling shamanic healer from the Liaj jungle"
Party Buffs:
Chain Cast Prey Senses (+3 to Awareness and Danger Sense, self and 5 companions, 3 slots)
Recipients select a Spirit Animal who blends with their features as they receive the bonus
Healing:
Physician Rank 3 (Step 10 vs TN 5 for 8.3 SP/1 refill, +3 to Recovery Test, takes a half hour)
Hero's Feast (+6 to a post battle Recovery test, takes an hour [ grimoire cast ])
Downtime: Talents and Skills that other characters can use over downtime;
None

Secondary character

nathaniel

Post by nathaniel » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:31 pm

Name: Tor'val
Last played: 3/20
Discipline: Swordmaster
Notable Abilities: Drum Beats
Downtime: n/a

predajey

Re: LFG: [2M] Ant Farm - 2021-04-01 @ 23:00 GMT -Updated Time

Post by predajey » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:55 am

Name: Orfen
Date of Last Game Played: Mar 20
Discipline: Elementalist (Circle 2)
Unique: Hair. There's a lot of it. Most of it is unkempt. Some of it is blonde, some is red. Was also raised in an infirmary/orphanage, so I know physician. I can also heat food. Not cook it, heat it. You'll also enjoy Shelter and Air Mattress. What goes great with Air Mattress sleep? Air Armor!
Want a fire weapon? I got you covered! I can even give you a sick tattoo, without actually making you sick! I also know everything about every creature ever encountered! Yeah, I'm perfect for your team! Wait, what was the limit on my unique line? 2 SENTENCES!?! ...oops?
Downtime:
  • Item History ESR 8 (Rank 1 + Step 7 PER)
  • Alchemy ESR 10 (Rank 3 + Step 7 PER, but no kit or lab yet)
    • Booster Potions

redwraith

Re: LFG: [2M] Ant Farm - 2021-04-01 @ 23:00 GMT -Updated Time

Post by redwraith » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:38 pm

Name: Redroum
Date of Last Game Played: 2021-03-20
Circle: 2
Discipline: Illusionist
Unique: Do I have a deal for you.
Downtime: Research Rank 3 Step 9 (step 12 with library access)

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:14 am

AAR: Ant Farm
GM: Xzandrate
Difficulty: Hard (Upshifted because of opponent choice)

Player Rewards:
Z'mokki: 1200 LP 300 SP 5 TIPs
Youghdel: 1200 LP 300 SP 5 TIPs
Tor'val: 1200 LP 300 SP 5 TIPs
Orfen: 1200 LP 300 SP 5 TIPs
Redroum: 1200 LP 300 SP 5 TIPs

Alternate Rewards:

Journal Reward: +60 LP, +75 SP

GM Reward:Moe'uhane - 124,000 LP 2000 SP 3 TIPS

Downtime:
Orfen:
Item History ESR 8 (Rank 1 + Step 7 PER)
Alchemy ESR 10 (Rank 3 + Step 7 PER, but no kit or lab yet)
Booster Potions

Redroum:
Research Rank 3 Step 9 (step 12 with library access)

Summary: The adepts have saved the farmers of Trayckid from the attack of the 6/12/23/32 foot ants. They smoked out the ant hill and dispatch the queen.

predajey

Excerpts from Orfen's Journal Entry

Post by predajey » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:25 am

Crammed in a corner and covered in dust is a dense book detailing the travels of Orfen. Amidst the myriad of the Throalic handwriting are a few nuggets of completely irrelevant thoughts from her. It would take a researcher hours just to determine if there is any information worthy of note. The text remains unaltered to maintain its authenticity (Certain terms and names written wrong to keep in character). As you begin reading the entry, a nearby scholar looks at what you're reading, eyebrows raised, and simply says, "Good luck" as they resume reading. It takes about 6 hours to read the entire entry.

"It seems like the city just mystically knows where I need to be and what I need to do. It's so helpful. It led me to the storage shed where I keep all my things, but I was trying to get to the market to buy food. I figured I was there for a reason, so I grabbed my stuff and turned to walk around the infirmary to tend to the next patient. Next thing I knew, I was at one of the side gates, and there was Youghdel! I haven't seen him in forever!"

"I threw the air armor spell above me and Youghdel just zipped through it as he assaulted the ants! It was awesome! With the flame weapon spell, it was like I was casting a fireball at them!"

"I hear smoking is something people like to do in their free time. Not healthy, but the ants will probably enjoy it anyway. Nevertheless smoking the ants out was the party's plan to get to the queen."

"We charged up the hill, but I (Yes, me! All by my lonesome!) pushed the cart full of oil pots and hay way faster than anyone else who was 'helping'. I got tired, but the cart was halfway up the hill by that point. Of course, then it rolled backwards. I had to lay flat so it wouldn't run me over. I think Redroum caught it and took over."

Other bits were found amongst the ramblings that were quite entertaining, even though they weren't really relevant to the journey:

"Before I knew it, everyone had left me behind to kill the ants. How dare they leave an orphan all alone! I HAVE ABANDONMENT ISSUES!!!"

"Hahaha! I bitch slapped an ant! I was trying to steal Tor'val's kill, but it didn't work out so well. They yelled at me to carry a sword with me next time. What am I going to do with a sword!?!"

"They refused my treatment! Doesn't anyone know that you need to tend to muscles after exercise!?! I hope they're happy! Left them with bruises since they were fighting me while I did it!"

"Soooo many ideas! All of them were amazing, but the party just looked at me like I was crazy. I'm not the crazy one, you are! Yes, YOU! THE ONE READING MY JOURNAL ENTRY!!!!"

"After everyone had Flame Weapons and Air Armor, my job was done, so I bitch slapped another ant! Hahaha!!!"

verse86

Re: AAR: [2H] Ant Farm - 2021-04-01 @ 23:00 GMT -Updated Time

Post by verse86 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:17 pm

Z'mokki's Journal:

The great Z'mokki has done it once again. We were asked to deal with an infestation of giant ants near Trayckid. Along with me were Orfen, Youghdel, Redroum, and Tor'val. The only one I knew was Tor'val, but the others seemed competent enough.

We dealt with an initial group of these ants. My skills were truly magnificent to behold. I then boldly went ahead to find the base of these ants.

After finding the ant's nest, we decided on a plan of action. We would have Youghdel drop fire into the ant hill and then would add to this by pushing a cart with burning hay into the hole. It was quite an ingenious plan if I do say so myself. After about half an hour the queen and her royal guard emerged. In a daring back and forth battle we were able to achieve victory. Without a queen to direct them, the others scattered to the winds to be picked off by the local wildlife.

It seems I have been dealing with insects lately. Perhaps that where my legend will lie. Z'mokki, the termite-ant killer. Too long. Termite-anter. Hmm, but then they may think I am helping termites and ants. Perhaps something to let them know I get rid of them. Ex-termite-anter. Hmm. It just doesn't have a ring to it. Ooh, how about I shorten it to Exterminator. Z'mokki, the exterminator. I like the sound of that.