AAR [11H]: What has Teeth and a Tongue, but no Mouth? (2021-02-24 @ 2300 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

predajey
AAR [11H]: What has Teeth and a Tongue, but no Mouth? (2021-02-24 @ 2300 GMT)

Post by predajey » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:19 am

LFG: [11M] What has Teeth and a Tongue, but no Mouth?
Time: 2021-02-24 @ 2300 GMT (6PM EST)
GM: Pub
Difficulty: 11H
Rumor Source: William Carver (Montaugh)

Rumor: Deed: Stranger Boots: The owner must hunt whatever creature the teeth came from to acquire new teeth and replace any damaged teeth in the soles. May as well add some new teeth in there as well—more teeth is more better. Also, eat the eyes. (I tell you it is not only my fault that everyone thinks William is a horror.. but he does have to eat the eyes per the deed and eat them he will!)
The stranger boots hunger and that hunger is pulling William and his team into the depths of the jungles. It started as just a normal adventure to some forgotten ruins, but the vision started. William's dreams are filled with teeth, and claws and eyes so many eyes as the thing in the jungle stares back at him. He has a need a hunt it, a need so great it consumes him and he knows that thing watching him is also hunting him as well, hunting his friends. He can't let it go. His dreams become nightmares, and soon those nightmares fill the dreams of his companions. It longs for the boots and the boots long to tear into its flesh as if two mortal enemies are calling to each other...

Reference: Stranger Boots (William, Upgrade)

Alt Reward: The satisfaction of playing with your friends without being eaten by a Great Dragon.

Note: 4-5 Players
Last edited by predajey on Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

ottdmk

Re: What has Teeth and a Tongue, but no Mouth?

Post by ottdmk » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:51 am

I am afraid I must withdraw. My daughter has skating lessons Wednesday night and it's quite likely I'll be the one taking her.
Last edited by ottdmk on Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisDDickey

Post by ChrisDDickey » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:30 pm

Name: Zil
Date Player last played: Event
ECR: 11
Discipline: Elementalist 11th circle on the path of the purifier / Exemplar of Garlen - Windling
Quote/Unique:May the blessings of Garlen be upon you! Travel in style with a party Elementalist! Heat Food! Plant Feast! Purify Water! Shelter! Air Mattress! All the comforts of home upon the road.
Notable Abilities: Questor of Garlen, Physician. Lots and Lots of very good healing.
Downtime: Research rank 4, step 12 (step 15 if pay 20 sp for library access).
    Item History Rank 4 (step 16).

Montaugh

Post by Montaugh » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:57 pm

Name: William Carver
Date Last Played Doesn't Matter My Rumor. :D
ECR: 11 (1,449,925 LP)
Race: Human
Discipline: Scout 11, Thief 8, Journeyman 5, Cavalryman 7
Quote/Unique: I'll get you there and back again.
Notable Abilities:
Talented: Scout, Stealth, Ranged/melee/mounted combat.
Items:
Potions: Kelia's Antidote (1), Booster Potion (5), Kelix's Poultice (1), Halt Illness Potion (1), Healing Potion (3), Last Chance Salve (3)
Mounted: Huttawa named Charlie and he's sworn, He might also swear.. I don't have animal talk yet.
Downtime:
Perception step (9)
Versatile Forge Weapon Rank: (9) Step 22
Versatile Research Rank: (10) Step 23, Step 26 with library Access
Versatile Item History Rank: (10) Step 23.
(Karma spent with Applied versatility or Practiced Versatility)
Last edited by Montaugh on Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

etherial

Re: LFG [11H]: What has Teeth and a Tongue, but no Mouth? (2021-02-24 @ 2300 GMT)

Post by etherial » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:28 am

Name: Daldorer
Last Game Played:2021-02-20
Effective Circle: 12
Discipline: Nethermancer
Quote/Unique: Daddy can make you feel better
Notable Abilities: Banish, Concise Casting, Evidence Analysis
Downtime:
  • Alchemy Step 8 (Rank 3) Recipes: Booster Potion and Small Light Quartz
  • Item History Step 20 (Rank 8) (Historian: Extra Successes reduce Research Times)
  • Research Step 44 (Rank 12) (Librarian: Extra Successes reduce Research Times)
  • Patterncraft 24 (Rank 12) :
    • Craft Blood Charm
    • Craft True Pattern
    • Design Enchanting Pattern
    • Incorporate Bound Spirit
    • Incorporate Glyph

Waijhou

Re: LFG [11H]: What has Teeth and a Tongue, but no Mouth? (2021-02-24 @ 2300 GMT)

Post by Waijhou » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:59 pm

So 6:00PM EST, thats 3:0-0PM my time on the west coast. I can start the game with you but I have a meeting at 6:00PM my time. SO I can only cover 3/4 of the game time. Let me know if this is acceptable. My meeting could possibly be very short and Id be able to rejoin the game... I could possibly have the meeting on the laptop and game on the desk top, and only be away while giving my report (about 10 minutes)... But I cant promise that.

Let me know

Xeviouz Human Warrior/Horror Stalker
ECR12

verse86

Post by verse86 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:05 pm

Name: Thorkell Gulbrandsen
Date of Last Game Played:
ECR: 10
Discipline: Weaponsmith 10/Warrior 5
Unique: Thorkell brings the downtime activities. Besides that he is a perceptive and tanky troll.
Downtime:
[Craftsman] Rank 10 / 35 (+2 if metal) can make mundane items, weapons, and armor
[Efficient Forge Weapon] Rank 12 / 28 (+2 if metal) (can forge rank weapons at once)
[Rapid Forge Weapon] Rank 12 / 28 (+2 if metal) (can use extra successes to reduce downtime by 1 day each)
[Rapid Forge Armor] Rank 12 / 28 (+2 if metal) (can use extra successes to reduce downtime by 1 day each)
[Item History] Rank 4 / 24
[Research] Rank 6 / 22
[Design Enchanting Pattern] Rank 11 / 31
[Craft True Pattern] Rank 11 / 36 (+2 if metal)

Montaugh

Post by Montaugh » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:07 pm

You're good to join Waijhou.

So the group is..Waijhou, Zil, Daldorer, and Thorkell... and William.

edit.. forgot to add myself.. awkward...

predajey

Post by predajey » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:33 am

AAR: What has Teeth and a Tongue, but no Mouth?
GM: Pub
ECR: 11
Difficulty: Hard

Player Rewards:
Daldorer: 186000 LP, 3000 SP, 5 TIPs
Thorkell: 186000 LP, 3000 SP, 5 TIPs
Xevious: 186000 LP, 3000 SP, 5 TIPs
William Carver: 186000 LP, 3000 SP, 5 TIPs
Zil: 186000 LP, 3000 SP, 5 TIPs

Alt Rewards: Elementalist Spells, Orichalcum in the form of Gorgon Eyes

Journals: 930 LP, 750 SP

GM Reward: Calina (4000 LP, 475 SP, 3 TIPs)

Downtime:

[Alchemy] Step 8 (Rank 3) Recipes: Booster Potion and Small Light Quartz
[Craftsman] Rank 10 / 35 (+2 if metal) can make mundane items, weapons, and armor
[Efficient Forge Weapon] Rank 12 / 28 (+2 if metal) (can forge rank weapons at once)
[Rapid Forge Weapon] Rank 12 / 28 (+2 if metal) (can use extra successes to reduce downtime by 1 day each)
[Rapid Forge Armor] Rank 12 / 28 (+2 if metal) (can use extra successes to reduce downtime by 1 day each)
[Item History] Rank 4 / 24
[Item History] Step 20 (Rank 8) (Historian: Extra Successes reduce Research Times)
[Research] Rank 12 / 44, 26 w/ Library Access (Librarian: Extra Successes reduce Research Times)
[Design Enchanting Pattern] Rank 11 / 31
[Craft True Pattern] Rank 11 / 36 (+2 if metal)
[Patterncraft] 24 (Rank 12) :
  • Craft Blood Charm
  • Craft True Pattern
  • Incorporate Bound Spirit
  • Incorporate Glyph
Summary:
William has hunted down a Simargl, whose teeth perfectly match those of his Strange Boots. He also ate its eyes. The party traveled through the 9 Diamonds and discovered Trosk, Farram, and Portage.

Waijhou

Re: AAR [11H]: What has Teeth and a Tongue, but no Mouth? (2021-02-24 @ 2300 GMT)

Post by Waijhou » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:56 pm

Feb 24,2021

From the journal of Xeviouz, Human Warrior/Horror Stalker

I get a message from William Carver, again. He is in need of my assistance to unlock the next level of one of his tread items. I readily agree to help my friend. Along for the adventure are Daldorer, THorkal, Zil and myself. William tells us we will be heading into the Mist Swamp. We decide to get some information from the great library about the area before we head out. Daldorer also wants to research the K’Tension clan of T’Skrang that are in the area. THey are known slavers and loyal to the Theran Empire, but that info is pre-scourge.
We board an airship that takes us to the 16 towers area (38,23). Next we head to a small village of Trusk (33,24). William is able to Speak Theran to the villagers and they are excited. THey ask where we are from and what we are doing in the area. William says we are from Throal and they seem taken aback. William explains he is there to make good on a deed to unlock a thread item. William tells the villagers we are headed to the Mist Swamp, the villagers ask if we are interested in a ride over. We take 2 boats father down the river, closer to the Mist Swamp. We reach a small village called Portage. It is being built on the remains of a previous village. The old Theran road starts here as well. We continue on towards Trusk. Once we reach the town of Trusk, there are lots of Elementalists in the area, along with Questors of Jasperee. Apparently they are working on reclaiming the bad lands. This is the end of the line for the boat ride. THe rest of the way we go on foot.

As we are making our way to the swamp, we come across a rather large tower, it seems to have someone or something taking care of it because it is in good repair. It is the Last Homely House of Barsaive. Savostos the elementalist used to live here. He lived here to warm people away from entering the Mist Swamps. Savostos was a T’Skrang. As we are looking at the tower, William notices there is a T’Skrang sticking his head out of an upper window of the tower. William talks to the guy and asks him to come down, and he does. THe T;Skrang asks where we are headed and why. William tells him about the thread item deed. The guy says be careful and be fast. William asks the T;Skrang his name, he replies Sevostos.

We continue on our way, into the swamp. Just as we enter the edge of the swamp, a small dog looking thing pops up. William says I think that is it. We proceed with caution.
The creature is a simargol, looks like a dog with silver fur and has peacock feathers for a tail. As soon as we try to approach it, the thing takes off running into the swamp. William starts tracking the creature and we follow. As we are walking through the swamp, its very hard to see. Zil uses his life sight ability and says there is a creature just ahead, but it isnt the creature we are after. We try to ignore it. There are 3 Strakkonya just ahead of us. Zil shoots a lighting bolt at them and they get mad and all come and attack him. Thorkal and I are able to subdue the creatures with stun damage. We continue looking for the Simargol.

THe Smirgol seems to be a very clever creature, leading us on a wild chase through the swamp in to countless possible ambushes. THanks to Williams Scout magics we are able to avoid all of them. We finally find the creatures burrow and proceed to try to coax it out. William goes in after it just as the 4 gorgons on the other side of the clearing seem to notice us and we join battle. At first they all try to focus on THorkal, I tried to run and flank the gorgons but ended up grappled by one of them. I easily broke free but not before Zil casts his lightning bolt spell and they all seemed to be offended at this because they all turned and focused their attention on him knocking him from the sky. Daldorer comes to the rescue with his Foul Vapors spell and ends half the gorgons almost right away. After a short brutal fight Daldorer is able to cast a Last Chance spell on Zil and save him.

Next thing I know William is over eating the eyeballs of the Smirgol. Is he horror touched? We retrieve the eyeballs of the Gorgons, they are orichalcum. On our way out of the swamp, William says he notices a large stone humanoid standing on the mountain range to our west. I couldn't see it.