AAR: [3H] Running the Gauntlet, 2020-11-21, 2000 GMT

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

bronzemountain
Re: LFG: [3H] Running the Gauntlet, 2020-11-21, 2000 GMT

Post by bronzemountain » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:18 pm

Dale, Barag, Red'tarian, Qwillem, I choose you!

ottdmk

Re: AAR: [3H] Running the Gauntlet, 2020-11-21, 2000 GMT

Post by ottdmk » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:15 am

AAR: Running the Gauntlet
GM: ottdmk
ECR: 3
Difficulty: Hard

Player Rewards:
Barag: 2,000 LP, 413 sp, 5 TIPs
Dale: 2,000 LP, 413 sp, 5 TIPs
Quillem: 2,000 LP, 413 sp, 5 TIPs
R'edtarian: 2,000 LP, 413 sp, 5 TIPs
Taras: 2,000 LP, 413 sp, 5 TIPs

Journal Rewards: 100 LP, 103.3 sp

Alternate Rewards:
1/2 cost metals/ores crafting supplies

GM Reward: Darius (2,200 LP, 375 SP, 3 TIPs)

Downtime:
Barag: Item History Rank 2/12
Quillem: Craftsman 3/18, Forge Weapon 3/14, Item History 3/14
R'edtarian: Research 3/9 (12 with Library of Throal access, 20sp)

Summary:
This was an epic for the ages! Harpies! Cadavermen! A mine run by Earth Elementals! Extended recoveries in a bucolic village! This one had it all!

Rathan01

Re: AAR: [3H] Running the Gauntlet, 2020-11-21, 2000 GMT

Post by Rathan01 » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:09 pm

A journal entry from Barag Yurdum of House Yurdum,

I was contacted by Taras to help him with problem. I happily agree and meet with rest of group that includes: Dale, Quillem, and R’edtarian. We meet with Magistrate Niverra. She wants Borag Mining Co. investigated. Apparently, they are too good at job? We are to go to mine to see what is going on. Mine is several days east into mountains.

We head out into mountains. Several days in, we are attacked by rude harpies. They throw insults that actually cause problems. Taras is seriously hurt and is diseased by filthy bird-women. We kill a couple and drive rest off. Taras is unable to fight off disease even with physician help. We find nearby town and must hole up to let him heal. Taras is unconscious for most of week. We have seen and done things to help that we will not speak of. While Taras recovers, we help townsfolk.

We are getting ready to head out when we hear screams from east side of town. We run to help and find cadaver men are attacking townsfolk. Quillem is way ahead of us and charges into fight. It takes us few moments to get in range and Quillem has been surrounded and hurt by the cadaver men. Before we are able to free him, he goes down. These are first cadaver men I have encountered. I find out, Do Not Anger them. They go crazy and attack many times. Strategy to take them out is focus on only one at a time. We do this to pull them away from Quillem. We are able to get him back on his feet, he was only unconscious. We fight more and Dale goes down, unconscious. Eventually we kill all cadaver men and wake up Dale. We rest and heal up.

We go to mine and find strip mine worked by elementals. They are destroying area so we have to fight. Good fight but we do not find Elementalist who summoned the elementals. This means bigger plot is in motion. We report back and receive pay. Hopefully higher circle group can stop Borag Mining Co. from doing more harm.