AAR [2M]: The Chains of Time, 2020-10-23 (Friday), 19:00 GMT / Noon Pacific

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

etherial
Re: LFG [2M]: The Chains of Time, 2020-10-23 (Friday), 19:00 GMT / Noon Pacific

Post by etherial » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:59 pm

Name: Qwillem
Last Game Played:2020-10-17
Effective Circle: 1
Discipline: Weaponsmith
Quote/Unique: Fancy sword you got there.
Notable Abilities: Forge Weapon, Forgery
Downtime:
Craftsman 11 (Rank 1)
Forge Weapon 14 (Rank 3)

Aegharan

Re: LFG [2M]: The Chains of Time, 2020-10-23 (Friday), 19:00 GMT / Noon Pacific

Post by Aegharan » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:40 pm

Qwillem, Rorrie, Nergae and Truck, please join Perrok on a friendly hike into the mountains!

Serespar

Re: AAR [2M]: The Chains of Time, 2020-10-23 (Friday), 19:00 GMT / Noon Pacific

Post by Serespar » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:27 pm

Chains of Time
Time: 2020-10-23@19:00 GMT
GM: Serespar (Drew)
Circle: ERC 2
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Character Name: TIPs, Legend, Silver, Items. Alt rewards, half price climbing gear, tents and cold weather gear
Barag: 800 LP, 174.5 SP, 3 TIPs. Climbing Kit, Cold Weather Gear
Nergae: 3 TIPs, 800 LP, 177.5 SP, half price tent and cold weather gear
Perrok: 3 TIPs, 800 LP, 159.5 sp, Climbing Kit, Cold weather gear, tent
Rorrie: 3 TIPS, 800 LP, 200 SP, alt rewards TBD
Qwillem: 3 TIPs, 800 LP, 159.5 sp, Climbing Kit, Cold weather gear, Tent

Journal Rewards:
+40 LP +50 SP

GM Reward:
Strata: ECR 2 M, 800 LP, 200 SP, 3 TIPs, 2 weeks downtime

Downtime Actions Available:
Qwilliam: Craftsman 11 (Rank 1), Forge Weapon 14 (Rank 3)
Nergae: Animal Training 3
Researchers may spend 20 Silver for +3 Steps (the Haggle discount may lower this cost)

Further Information:
Initial exploration of Silver Moon Valley (hex 43.07) near the Gannagroth Liferock (hex 44.07). Ancient airship wreckage was explored and an enslaved air elemental freed. The elemental thanked Perrok for coming back for her in his new body

etherial

Post by etherial » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:20 am

1 Raquas, 1423 T.H.
Word has reached me of a downed airship discovered high in the Throalic Mountains. The Ork Sky Raider Perrok received a letter from a relative of his detailing a wreck that he had seen but could not investigate. I met him and several others, each of whom had suggestions for patrons we could pursue to aid us in outfitting ourselves for a dangerous trek. We settled upon one Ilmorian Teayu, an Elf whose family had stockpiled much wealth in prepatation for the reclamation of the surface, and we were able to convince her that their time is now. They supplied us with climbing and cold weather gear for the fierce winds of the high Throalic Mountains.

10 Raquas
The Gannagroth Liferock is the last populated settlement on our way to the wreck and it made for a pleasant stop on our way North. We made pleasant conversation with the Ferryman Racier as we crossed the lake.

25 Raquas
The ink in my pen has finally thawed and I can record my thoughts from the trip. We crossed a wide frozen valley with howling winds. Within this valley had once been a monument to Erendis, and there were still spirits in the area, in the form of wolves, who serve Dis' will. They attacked our watch in the middle of the night, and our Elementalist on watch was quickly forced against the ice wall we were using for shelter. We acted quickly, risking frostbite to support our attacked allies before they were devoured by these wolves. It was only when we started knocking them out and they vanished that we discovered they were spirits, and they pack dissipated when we were able to eliminate the leader.

We rested for a day before continuing on. The wreck was suspended in a frozen waterfall, visible in the mid-afternoon light shining through the ice. The wind howled as we climed the frozen edifice, foreshadowing what was to come. On the frozen deck of the Airship Aether, a precarious ledge in the ice whose railing had been lost to time, was an Air Elemental, Corrupted by time and Theran magics, tortured by Horrors, and imprisoned in service to a ship with no crew. I am no expert at curling, but my compatriots were able to slide over to the lockbox containing the control mechanisms enslaving the Spirit and destroy them.

My compatriots on this adventure were:
Barag Yurdum, Dwarf Elementalist and fellow Second-Son
Nergae Hilldigger, Dwarf Beastmaster and lover of cats and dogs
Perrok, Ork Sky Raider with connexions
Rohrickh "Rorrie" Shadrach, Human Elementalist and Thespian

Dramatis Personae we encountered during the exploration:
Ilmorain Teayu, an Elf working for my competitors
Racier, a Ferryman

Rathan01

Post by Rathan01 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:39 pm

A journal entry from Barag Yurdum of House Yurdum,

Right place, right time. I fill in for missing person who is helping Perrok recover parts from crashed airship. He has map and letter that shows where crashed airship is in mountains. This is big undertaking and we are needing money for equipment. Group decides to partner with Ilmorain Teayu, rich Elf who likes airships. We get equipment, he gets large percentage of what we find. We gear up, load up cart, and head out.

First stop, Gannagroth Liferock. I find wonderful elegant display of quality Elemental magics. The ferry boat, driven by Obsidiman named Ryder, must be studied later. I spend time asking many questions and vow to return when job is done.

We head out into mountains to Kawjujwak’s Pillow, odd name for mountain. Several nights in, we make camp and are attacked by wolves. Some are regular wolf but when we kill one, it is just old skin and bone. They have black octagon mark on chest fur. Old stories say that is mark of Erendis before he went mad.

We make it to frozen waterfall where airship is. I realize I am needing to be learning Crunch Climb spell after difficult climb to top. At top, there is Air Elemental bound to ship. She is tormented by control circuit and is protecting ship. We find control circuit and throw over cliff to free elemental who then turns into crystal. This is new to me. We are led to chamber in Pillow mountain where elemental is released.

We have safe journey back to Throal where we give the elf his cut and sell the rest for nice paycheck. Our group was Perrock, Qwillem, Nergae, and Rorrie who also is Elementalist.