AAR: [10M] I Can See Cleerie Now (2020-09-19 @ 18:30 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

verse86
AAR: [10M] I Can See Cleerie Now (2020-09-19 @ 18:30 GMT)

Post by verse86 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:38 pm

LFG: I Can See Cleerie Now
Time: 9/19/2020 @ 18:30 GMT
GM: verse86
Circle: 10
Difficulty: Medium
Requested by: Zil (Chris D)
Reward: TBD
Benefit: Deed for Thread Item Thornbird

Rumor
To fulfill the Deed on Thread Item Thornbird, Zil and some companions must travel to Drogheda (where the brooch was created) and help one of the first owner's (Megy Cleerie) descendants find happiness.
Zil has done some research, and has learned that Drogheda was a mid-sized city between the Dragon Mountains and the lower Coil River and the Area Sea. It is known that the city built a hidden kaer within a half days travel of the old city site, but it is not known where the kaer is, and there have been no reports that kaer Drogheda has opened.

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] Character name
[b]Date of Last Game Played:[/b]
[b]Circle:[/b] Circle of your character
[b]Discipline:[/b] Your character's Discipline(s)
[b]Unique:[/b] What your character is bringing to the table.
[b]Downtime:[/b] Talents and Skills that other characters can use over downtime: [Talent] [Step including +Karma Step if appropriate] ([Rank]) ([Further Details])
Last edited by verse86 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bronzemountain

Re: LFG: [10M] I Can See Cleerie Now (2020-09-19 @ 18:30 GMT)

Post by bronzemountain » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:47 pm

Name: Dvarim Bolg
ECL: 10
Discipline: Weaponsmith / Elementalist
Quote/Unique: "Well, that ain't right."
Notable Abilities: Physician, Lock Pick, Chiseled Dwarven Good Looks, The Best Meals Ever
Downtime:
  • Forge Weapon 11/24
  • Forge Armor 11/24
  • Craftsman (anything) 10/27
  • Design Enchanting Pattern 10/23
  • Enchant True Pattern 10/27
  • Item History 4/17
  • Enchant Storm Steppers (10 TIPs, 1,500sp, 2 weeks)
Last Game Played: 2020-08-24 (Devoted Deeds)

ChrisDDickey

Post by ChrisDDickey » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:32 pm

Name: Zil
Date Player last played: Zils mission
ECR: 10
Discipline: Elementalist 9th circle on the path of the purifier / Exemplar of Garlen - Windling
Quote/Unique:May the blessings of Garlen be upon you! Travel in style with a party Elementalist! Heat Food! Plant Feast! Purify Water! Shelter! Air Mattress! All the comforts of home upon the road.
Notable Abilities: Questor of Garlen, Physician.
Downtime: Research rank 4, step 12 (step 15 if pay 20 sp for library access).
Item History Rank 4 (step 16).

Waijhou

Post by Waijhou » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:29 pm

Name: Xeviouz
Last time you (player, not character) played: Sept 12, 2020
Circle: 9/5 (ECR10)
Discipline: Warrior/Horror Stalker
Quote/Unique: Lets do this!
Notable Abilities: Sword & Board
Downtime: ---

Montaugh

Post by Montaugh » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:28 am

Name: William Carver
Date Last Played September 12, 2020
ECR: 10 ( 516,475LP)
Race: Human
Discipline: Scout 9 Thief 5, Journeyman 3, Cavalryman 6
Quote/Unique: I'll get you there and back again.
Notable Abilities:
Talented: Locks/Traps, Stealth/Scouting, Ranged/Melee, map making. Animal bond/borrow. Safe Path! Sleeps with One Eye Open, Orbital Spy in the sky!
Items:
Potions: Kelia's Antidote (1), Booster Potion (5), Kelix's Poultice (1), Halt Illness Potion (1), Healing Potion (3), Last Chance Salve (3)
Mounted: Huttawa named Charlie and he's sworn, He might also swear.. I don't have animal talk yet.
Downtime:
Perception step (9)
Versatile Forge Weapon Rank: (7) Step 20
Versatile Research Rank: (7) Step 20, Step 23 with library Access
Versatile Item History Rank: (5) Step 18.
(Karma spent with Applied versatility)

nathaniel

Post by nathaniel » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:26 am

Name: Jael
ECR: 9
Last Game: 9/12
Discipline: Beastmaster/Scholar/Woodsman
Notable Abilities: Elven Lore, Pets, Frenzy's and Grappling
Downtime: Animal Training (Rank 9) 19, Item History (Rank 5) 14, Research (Rank 4) 13 (16 with library access)

ottdmk

Post by ottdmk » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:42 pm

Name: Dubhan Goronich
Date of Last Game Played (by player): 2020-09-06
Circle: 10 (ECR 10, 714,470 legend)
Discipline: Wizard
Unique: Spells (Buffs, Astral Sensing, Debuffs, etc.), Physician
Downtime: Research Rank 4/Step 26 (Library access worth it for Warden items)
Alchemy Rank 5/Step 13 (Booster Potions, Small Light Crystals, Kelix' Poultice) (1 Day Downtime).
Creation of Spell Matrix Objects: 1,000 sp, 3 days for Standard. 2,000 sp, 4 days for Enhanced. 4,000 sp, 5 days for Armored, And yes, that's the 1/2 off price. :D
Design Enchanting Pattern: Minimum 4 TIPs, 2 weeks Downtime, contact for details
Craft True Pattern (i.e. create Thread Item): Requires a Pattern. 3 TIPs minimum, 2 weeks Downtime, Silver cost varies, contact for details.

verse86

Re: AAR: [10M] I Can See Cleerie Now (2020-09-19 @ 18:30 GMT)

Post by verse86 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:57 pm

AAR:

Player Rewards:
Dubhan: 69000 LP, 1400 SP, 3 TIPs
Dvarim Bolg: 69000 LP, 1400 SP, 3 TIPs
Jael: 69000 LP, 1400 SP, 3 TIPs
Xeviouz: 69000 LP, 1400 SP, 3 TIPs
Zil: 69000 LP, 1400 SP, 3 TIPs

Journal: 3450 LP, 350 SP

GM Reward:
Thorkell Gulbrandsen: 13000 LP, 775 SP, 3 TIPs

Downtime:
Dvarim:
Forge Weapon 11/24
Forge Armor 11/24
Craftsman (anything) 10/27
Design Enchanting Pattern 10/23
Enchant True Pattern 10/27
Item History 4/17
Enchant Storm Steppers (10 TIPs, 1,500sp, 2 weeks)
Zil:
Research rank 4, step 12 (step 15 if pay 20 sp for library access).
Item History Rank 4 (step 16)
Jael:
Animal Training (Rank 9) 19, Item History (Rank 5) 14, Research (Rank 4) 13 (16 with library access)
Dubhan:
Research Rank 4/Step 26 (Library access worth it for Warden items)
Alchemy Rank 5/Step 13 (Booster Potions, Small Light Crystals, Kelix' Poultice) (1 Day Downtime).
Creation of Spell Matrix Objects: 1,000 sp, 3 days for Standard. 2,000 sp, 4 days for Enhanced. 4,000 sp, 5 days for Armored, And yes, that's the 1/2 off price. :D
Design Enchanting Pattern: Minimum 4 TIPs, 2 weeks Downtime, contact for details
Craft True Pattern (i.e. create Thread Item): Requires a Pattern. 3 TIPs minimum, 2 weeks Downtime, Silver cost varies, contact for details.

ChrisDDickey

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:06 am

From the journal of Zil, Windling Elementalist on the path of the purifier, and Exemplar of Garlan. 

To fulfill the Deed on Thread Item Thornbird, I and some companions needed to travel to Drogheda (where the brooch was created) and help one of the first owner's (Megy Cleerie) descendants find happiness.

I did some research, and learned that Drogheda was a mid-sized city between the Dragon Mountains, the Thunder mountains and the Aras Sea (51,31). It is known that the city built a hidden kaer within a half days travel of the old city site, but it is not known where the kaer is, and there have been no reports that kaer Drogheda has opened. We once again called in some favors, and talked the captain of an airship that was going more or less in that direction to give us a ride. It was pretty far off of his scheduled route, but we told him that if we opened the kear, he would surely get the first few trading voyages before his competitors discovered the city. 

We found the runes of the old city of Drogheda where we expected.  Little remained except overgrown foundations and tumbled down walls. It was easier to spot the straight lines and patterns from the air, once we flew down from the airship, what little remained was mostly covered by mounds of dirt and trees that have overgrown the area. From the air we had identified what appeared to be a massive square in the center of the city, and we had landed near there. In the center of the square there was a statue of a person still mostly standing (some bits had fallen off). There was a plaque at the base welcoming travelers to Drogheda and maintaining claim to all the land in the area. It said "Until then you may find us to the south past great bear rock". This seemed like a hugely unwise thing to advertise. What is the point in having a hidden kear if you have a giant statue pointing in the direction of  your hidden kear? I mean even if horrors can't read Throalic (and I don't know that all can't), we know that they have foul folk servitors who can. Anyway, we hiked south, and about a half days travel south we found a huge rock about the size of a mansion, that seems to be naturally shaped like a bear. Beyond it was a cave the entrance had been enlarged to be large enough that wagons could be driven. 

We entered the cave, and soon saw huge spider webs. We detected five huge kear spiders (bodies 8 feet across, limbs 15 feet across) and slew them. Continuing on, we found the kear door, but found it bashed in. (honestly, they did not appear to have tried to hide the kear at all, a sign pointing the direction to it, a road right up to the door). Inside the kear there was a battle site, dead bodies everywhere, In addition to the slain defenders, we saw many monster corpses, cadaver men, ghouls, black mantis, etc. 

We found what appeared to be another kear door, apparently this kear was constructed in layers, an inner citadel and an outer citadel, or maybe it was separate sectors. Anyway, this door was unbreached, and we had high hopes that maybe some of the kear had survived. Outside this second door we found the skeleton of a woman in a breastplate adorned with a bird much like my Thornbird, the chest was pierced by a Black Mantis spike. Surrounding the corpse was a large pile of monster skeletons. On this body we found a piece of paper that said "I hope my sacrifice was worth it - for Dragida". 

We decided to finish checking out the whole area first, before trying to knock on the door. After all, we would not want to get them to open the door, and then be attacked by a horde of black mantises. It is a good thing we did, because we found 4 Mornguard 1 Draamf Erhlgren, which we destroyed. 

We found something that looked like a message stone upon the 2nd door, which we activated. A voice asked us who we were, and when we said that we were adventurers from Throal, said that he would have the door open in 20 minutes (These people are WAY TO TRUSTING! he had NO WAY of knowing that I was not a horror!). They opened the door and we marched through and found ourselves facing a largish group of armed persons (they were not total and complete idiots), whereupon they closed the doors behind us. 

We spoke to Pheral Dune, a member of the council. When I mentioned (Megy Cleerie he referred to her as a traitor, said that she had run from her post during the breaking of the doors, and might even have been responsible for the loss of the whole outer area. We all defended her most eloquently and diplomatically, Dvarim particularly spoke well. When we were done there was hardly a dry eye in the house. Pheral led us to a young warrior woman in a practice yard, He introduced us to young Niri, a descendant many times removed of Megy Cleerie. She was very grateful to us for clearing her ancestors name. We also encountered a prideful young elf, who's grandfather was widely hailed for being the hero of the breaking of the doors. We snubbed him. 

Dvarim spent a few weeks forging Megy Cleerie's breastplate into a thread item and then presented it to Niri. I helped organize the kear to return to the surface. When we opened the doors again for the first caravan to go out, I brought Megy Cleerie's bones inside, and persuaded a Nethermancer of the community to experience her death. He was shook up, but testified that the young punk elf's grandfather had lied about Megy Cleeriy running away, but rather that after the Elf had run away, Megy Cleerie had single-handedly defended the secondary door until it could be closed, saving the rest of the kear. The council announced that when the city was rebuilt, they would build a great statue to Megy Cleerie. 

We stayed for a short while longer to help them reestablish their city, then we returned to Throal. Niri came with us. 

Waijhou

Post by Waijhou » Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:36 pm

From the Journal of Xeviouz, Human Warrior

Sept 19, 2020
[10M] I Can See Cleerie Now (2020-09-19 @ 18:30 GMT)

RUMOR: To fulfill the Deed on Thread Item Thornbird, Zil and some companions must travel to Drogheda (where the brooch was created) and help one of the first owner's (Megy Cleerie) descendants find happiness.
Zil has done some research, and has learned that Drogheda was a mid-sized city between the Dragon Mountains and the lower Coil River and the Area Sea. It is known that the city built a hidden kaer within a half days travel of the old city site, but it is not known where the kaer is, and there have been no reports that kaer Drogheda has opened.

Myself, Dvarim, Dubahn and Jael all meet with Zil to assist him in unlocking the next tier on his thread item. We are able to book passage on an airship to get us close to our destination., 51.31.
As the airship approaches the ruins of the city we bid the captain ado and jump over the side. We all land safely thanks to the Metal Wings spell by Dvarim.

We begin searching the ruins. There is a statue that seems to be pointing, but the arm is missing. There is a plaque at the bottom of the statue saying”Here lies the center of the great city of Dogbah. It also says the townspeople will be waiting to the south by Bear Rock. If we hold the broken arm of the statue back up where it goes, it is pointing towards the south. From the looks of things it should be about a half days travel to the mountain that looks like a Bear. It is mid afternoon when we find Great Bear Rock. Zil flies up to the head of the Bear and looks around. He notices a cave entrance to the south of us. Dubahn says astral space is clear. We make our way to the cave entrance, as we approach Dubahn says astral space is becoming tainted the closer we get. I do a Sense Horrowspawn and I cant detect anything within my range. Jael notices lots of different types of foot prints. Name givers, domestic animals. Etc…

We enter the cave, it is fairly large, big enough to get wagons in here. There are some ropes, no, they are thick spider webs. As thick as the webs are means there are some very large spiders in here. Dubahn has us stand by before we run in and try to engage the spiders. He says he can do some “STUFF”. So I wait for him. He is able to identify where the giant spiders are along the ceiling and then he tears astral space causing them all severe damage. Battle is joined. We are able to make quick work of the giant spiders, I have never seen Dvarim in such a rage. He was the end of several of the spiders. Jael took a wound in the fight and Zil provided some heated food and a blessing from Garlen.

After a short rest and recovery, we move deeper in the cave and find the Kear door. It seems to have been busted in. There are very large claw marks on the broken doors. We move inside. It looks like a large battle was fought in the large chamber just inside the broken doors. It happened a couple hundred years ago. As we search, there are no recent tracks in the dust. We move deeper inside looking for an inner citadel of the Kaer. Zil sees a particular name givers bones on the ground. It has a nice breast plate that has song birds on it. The breastplate had been pierced by a Black Mantis, there are several corpses around the humanoid.
Zil is checking astral space here, it is corrupt. There is a glimmer on the humanoid remains. Searching, Zil finds a scrap of paper. It says in Dwarven “I hope my sacrifice was worth it. For Drogida”. Dvarim takes the breastplate and will repair it. We move on to the large doors of the inner citadel.
As we move in the inner area we see several suits of armor walking towards us. Also a large humanoid that seems bloated and has some crystal shards embedded in its head. The suits of walking armor are Mournguards. A fast brutal fight and we prevail. After a short recovery after the battle we are up and searching more of the outer citadel. After clearing the area we move over to the inner citadel door. There is what looks like a message stone next to the door. It takes Zil just moments to figure out how to use it.

Zil says hello to the message stone, there is somebody on the other side that seems surprised to hear anybody on the outside using the message stone. THe person on the inside says it will take a few minutes to release the wards and let us in. We spend the next few minutes getting cleaned up. Zil puts on a very fancy robe.

The great door swings open and we are invited in. We walk in single file. Inside there are many name givers with weapons draw and a single elf standing that speaks to us. They want greeting rituals from us. After the artisan displays introductions are done. Once all the formalities are done, they are very curious about the outside world and what has been happening. Is it safe outside? I heard that question at least a hundred times.

As Zil tells of why we came here, they people there are remis to help as they think the persons Zil is looking for was a traitor. THey think she ran off as a coward when the outer door was breached and they had to retreat into the inner citadel. Dvarim tells the story of what actually happened to her. She help off the horde of horror spawn as the doors were sealed. SHE was a hero, not a traitor. They lead us to the last descendant of Meag Cleerie the Hero of the Kaer. As we approach, she is on a practice field. She is training as a warrior. Her name is Niri Cleerie. As she hears the tale, she is shocked and then holds her head high as she hears the tail of her grandmother being a hero. We stay for a few days as Dvarim repairs/enchants the breastplate. We spread the tail far and wide of Maeg Cleerie. There is an old Elf who is a nethermancer that live in the kaer. He does experience death on Meag to prove out story is true. The townsfolk want to build a large statue of Maeg Cleerie in the town center of the town they are going to build. Niri wants to come back to Throal with us, and we accept.