AAR [3M] The B-Team 2020-09-09 2300 GMT

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Rathan01
Re: AAR [3M] The B-Team 2020-09-09 2300 GMT

Post by Rathan01 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:26 pm

*Written in precise and un-flourished penmanship on clean, fresh paper*

A reporter approached D# and V# to help rescue someone who was wrongfully imprisoned. They gathered a group to help with the job which included me, R#, and N#.

The person we are going to rescue is named M#, a T’skrang, who is being held in a camp by a group called the G##. We headed out to the general area in the plains where the camp is expected to be. We ran across a small group of the G## who were understandably reluctant to give us any information. We ended up tracking back along their trail to find their camp. It was a fairly large camp with 20+ people. We lucked out and found that M# was being held in a wooden cage with a rope lock. We took a while but came up with a plan. V# would sneak into M#’s cage to wake them up, give them a dagger, and get them ready to escape. D# would use a spell to make the three guards forget what they were doing for a few minutes. V# and M# would make their way out of the camp during the lack of guard coverage, and with N#’s magical help, we would easily outrun any pursuit. Well, that was how it was supposed to work.

What actually happened was that as soon as V# got in the cage, the guard saw her and raised the alarm. She tried to get the jump on the guard but they all seemed to have some military training and were keeping each other updated on our positions. Things escalated and we ended up taking down most of the active combat members before getting M# out and away from the camp. We probably could have handled the situation differently, but you just react in the heat of the moment.

The group brought M# to his team outside the town of L#. We found out that the comments about M# being “crazy” were pretty spot on during the trip. The team was grateful for our help and we may have dealings with them again. When we returned to Throal, we heard that the problems in L# had been dealt with by a mysterious group of heroes. We have heard that the G## had changed their name to the G@# to honor their fallen members and that the leader, Captain E#, has expressed his commitment to getting revenge on their killers. I guess we will have to watch our backs now.

M#

Note- Names have been removed to protect individuals’ identities.

redwraith

Re: AAR [3M] The B-Team 2020-09-09 2300 GMT

Post by redwraith » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:19 pm

I'm starting to spend my days in Barter Town as it keeps me close to Throal but it's outside. I'm loving the sunshine and even the rain. I was sitting outside one of Barter Town's taverns enjoying the rain, alone strangely, when I was approached by a human woman Alara Amara Arden who asked me to meet with her and some of my fellow adepts at the Wolly Aardvark, a bar which wasn't one of my favorites in town but I agreed to meet with her. once there several of my friends were waiting; Nib, Mal, Dale, along with Vallone. It reminded me of that crass joke about two windlings and an elf enter a bar.

Once we were all sitting eating and drinking, Alara Amara Arden (triple A) joined us and spun a story about a group of elite military agents who were arrested and convicted of some false charges. I hadn't heard of any of them but apparently Nib and some information from the library on them and it seems to match Triple A's story. Though large parts of the records are missing. Seems like a mystery and a possible miscarriage of justice which has me interested in investigating to see what is actually going on.

Triple A indicates that a t’skrang named Murrdok has been captured by Gray Company a mercenary group with a slightly tarnished reputation. She is asking us to go and rescue Murrdok from them and safely deliver him to his comrades. We agreed to help rescue this Murrdok for Triple A.

We had no issues on our journey into the planes other than boredom. After the wonderful vista of the mountain range and the power of the river the endless planes are just a let down. Luckily the planes does assist us in noticing another party traveling. We approached this party and I noticed that they were all wearing a grey cloak and a round grey badge of some kind. We decided to approach them and see if they could assist us in finding the Grey Company camp which we believed to be close by.

The group were in fact from the Grey company but they were less than friendly and I suggested that we follow their tracks back to their camp. It was an easy trail for me to follow since it was so new. We came across several large tents, some horse, a fence pretending to be a wall and a cage. There was a T'skrang being held captive in the cage. We spent some time figuring out a stealthy mission to free Murrdock with little to no violence. Vallone was to fly into the cage and provide a dagger to Murrdok so he could cut himself free and then Dale was to confuse the guards, thus allowing Murrdok to simple walk out of the camp.

The luck was not with Vallone as she made her way into Murrdok's cage. The guard turned around as she caught the slight sound of Vallone's wings and spotted her. She started to raise the alarm and Vallone quickly struck at her to silence her before the whole camp came awake. At this point things escalated rather quickly and we engaged in a night time battle with the guards and camp leaders. Several archers used Vallone as target practice as the other guards and their leaders charged us. Hopefully we didn't end up killing to many of them during the fight as we weren't interested in bloodshed just the rescue of Murrdok.

Murrdok did in fact cut his way to freedom and we all ran into the night. Grey Company didn't mount any serious pursuit and several days later we delivered Murrdok to his comrades. Murrdok turns out to be addled minded and his stories and answers to our questions on his history makes me think he's more dangerous to his friends than anyone else.

I will keep my eyes and ears open for news of Jonen Smith and his squad in the future as I'm sure to hear more stories of their helpful deeds for those in trouble. Grey Company has changed their name to the Grim Company and are searching for the adepts who raided their camp. Captain Eaupriu and his company might come looking for me and my friends in the future so I will have to watch my back in case they find out I was involved in Murrdok's rescue.