AAR: [7M] Urban Blight

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

bronzemountain
AAR: [7M] Urban Blight

Post by bronzemountain » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:13 pm

LFG: Urban Blight
Time: 2020-08-27 23:30 GMT
GM: Dvarim
Circle: 7
Difficulty: Medium

Rumor: A foothold has been established in the ghost town of Trayckid, but there remains much work to be done to exorcise that strange place. Rose calls Adepts to join her in further exploring and reclaiming the abandoned town.

Requested by: Rose
Reward:
Benefit: Reclaiming more of Trayckid

Notes:
- Adventure runs at 7:30pm EDT on Thursday, August 27th
- As always, I run groups of 5 players.
- Sorry about the short notice - I thought I already had this up.

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] Character name
[b]Date of Last Game Played:[/b]
[b]Circle:[/b] Circle of your character
[b]Discipline:[/b] Your character's Discipline(s)
[b]Unique:[/b] What your character is bringing to the table.
[b]Downtime:[/b] Talents and Skills that other characters can use over downtime: [Talent] [Step including +Karma Step if appropriate] ([Rank]) ([Further Details])
Last edited by bronzemountain on Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

iceface9

Re: LFG: [7M] Urban Blight

Post by iceface9 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:18 pm

Name: Rose
Date of Last Game Played: 8-23-2020
ECR: 7
Discipline: Nethermancer 6/Weaponsmith 5
Unique: Last chance, buff, Debuffs,
Downtime: Forge weapon Rank 5 step 15,
Item History step 14
Forge Armor Rank 2 step 12

Secondary, but requested the adventure

LadyDragoon

Post by LadyDragoon » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:25 pm

Name: Azurea M.D. (S.O.A.P)
Circle: ECR 7
Discipline: Shadow 7/Purifier 4
Quote/Unique: I am the soap that cleans the dirt between the toes of the world from the shadows.
Notable Abilities: Shadow blades and SURPRISE!!! Oh wait let me heal you.
Downtime: Alchemy 3 (9)
Booster Potions
Small Light Quartz

Last Played: Aug 20 2020

predajey

Post by predajey » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:42 pm

Name: Vralino Hammer-Shield
Date of Last Game Played:Aug 25
Discipline: Spear Master
Unique: Spears, Surgery, and Socializing...somewhat. I also navigate and alchemate.
Downtime:
Alchemy (Skill Rank 1, ESR 8)
  • Booster Potions

Dougansf

Post by Dougansf » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Name: Sandrin
Effective Circle Rating: 7 (83,070 LP)
Discipline: Air Sailor 6 / Troubadour 3
Unique: Melee, Social, Thrown, and Navigation
Last Time Played: 7/17/2020
Downtime:
  • Craft Weapon at Step 7 (Rank 1) (Weapons up to Damage 2, 1 Day per Size)
  • Item History at Step 17 (Rank 3)
  • Research at Step 13 (Step 16 with Library)
Last edited by Dougansf on Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian L

Post by Brian L » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:34 pm

Name: Reyis Poriv
Date of Last Game Played: Aug 15
: ECR-8
Discipline: Shaman (6)/Monk (5)
Unique: Spells-Buffs to Awareness, Stealth, Healing, Poison, other things.
Downtime: Animal Training (6) Step 15; Research (5) Step 21; Item History (5) Step 21; Large supply of acid and acid like ingredients.
Plays well with others and shares toys.

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:43 am

AAR: Urban Blight
GM: Dvarim
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Vralino: 13000LP, 775sp, 3 TiP's
Rose: 13000LP, 775sp, 3 TiP's
Reyis: 13000LP, 775sp, 3 TiP's
Azurea: 13000LP, 775sp, 3 TiP's
Sandrin: 13000LP, 775sp, 3 TiP's

Alternate Rewards:
None

GM Reward: A'horangi (7,500 LP, 650 SP, 3 TIPs)

Downtime:
Vralino: Alchemy 1/8 (Booster Potion)
Reyis: Animal Training 6/15, Research 5/21, Item History 5/21
Sandrin: Craft Weapon 1/7 (Up to Damage 2 Weapons, 1 Day per size), Item History 3/17, Research 13 (16 w/ 20sp library access)
Azurea: Alchemy 3/9 (Booster Potion, Light Quartz)
Rose: Forge weapon Rank 5/15, Forge Armor 2/12, Item History 4/14

Summary:
The Heart of Benevolence and the Heart of the River have both been cleared, as Trayckid is slowly rescued from its centuries of death and madness. Rose will be arranging for the Garlen's Shelter Orphanage to resume operation, as well as convincing fisherman and boatmen to start using the Trayckid piers (perhaps after some workmen repair the actual piers).

predajey

Post by predajey » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:47 am

The following is a recollection from Vralino Hammer-Shield, a 15 year old Ork girl who grew up avoiding society. She is currently attending training in the Floating City of House V'Strimon to become an Elementalist, and thus her dislike towards T'Skrang has been curbed. The text remains unaltered to maintain its authenticity (Certain terms and names written wrong to keep in character). It is written in Or'zet.

So I went back to Throal to check in on my little orphan elf. I should probably give her a name. I'll just call her Orphan for now. Anyways, she told me that Rose wanted to go to the Floating City with me. Maybe I shouldn't have rushed out the gate? Either way, she was returning to Trayckid and invited me to go along! Of course! I like Rose. So me and Orphan went through Throal collecting all the notices we had put up, and right behind us was Azurea putting up her own notices. Really strange, but Rose talked her into going to Trayckid with us! It's gonna be a sweet little journey.

We arrived at the strangely constructed and constantly changing city. This place would drive Thorkell crazy. Doors going into the houses were on the third floor! How can you enter a building with a door that high? It must have been made for windlings. And the roads were constantly changing. The roads had kitchen counters instead of pavement. Some of the houses had rooves under them. The furniture was comprised of typical materials as well as bones. Skeletons, like actual skeletons, not statues of skeletons, were used as keystones. This place is a mess! I have to tell Thorkell. Maybe he can fix it? As we walked by one of the buildings, we heard children crying coming from inside. Reyis was able to tell us there were only two spirits nearby. One belonged to the city, and the other obviously had to be rescued from child abuse. We entered the building and I knocked on the desk. No one answered. There was something that might have been a bell at one point sitting on the desk, so I just rang the bells on my spear. Someone called out from a door in the back. I knocked on it. It knocked back, and the same voice told me to stop it. So we entered. We didn't go far before we found a series of jail cells. There were ghost children in them. They were so cute and adorable! I had to go hug one. It was painful, but sooooo worth it! I've never been so enamored in all my life! I want kids now! Reyis and Rose went to go hug two of the other ones, but Sandrin attacked one of them! Who attacks orphaned children!?! Then Azurea joined in! What is wrong with these people!?! Eventually the children faded away. I was so sad to lose mine. She was so cute! I wanted to take her back to Throal with me.

Ok, that was kind of weird. Let me clarify. I'm NEVER having children, and I'm glad Sandrin and Azurea attacked them. I have no idea what I was thinking. They were ghost children! So we went to the docks next. Found a few of those weird stitched together corpses and another horror. These things were vicious. I don't really remember what all happened. I was fighting, then I was fighting on the ground, then I was outside the city. Hey, my death cheat charm isn't blue anymore. WAIT!!! I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET SOMETHING FOR SHANA!!! WHAT AM I GONNA GET HER NOW!!! She was probably so disappointed the last time when we went deeper into Throal and there were free shinies and we didn't get any for her! Maybe she'll enjoy my used death cheat. Wait, did I DIE!?! THIS WASN'T SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!!! I HAVE GRADUATION IN A COUPLE WEEKS!!! I have a final when I get back to the Floating City! Ohcrapohcrapohcrap. What was on it? I need to get to studying! Fuck the journal!
Last edited by predajey on Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dougansf

Re: AAR: [7M] Urban Blight

Post by Dougansf » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:21 pm

The Adventuers of Sandrin
Chapter 14 - Trouble in Trayckid

Rose wanted to start looking into easing the spirit of Trayckid pain enough to allow people to spread out more. Rose gathered up myself, Vralino, Reyis, and Azurea. We did some research into the city.

Trayckid was mostly populated by dwarfs. Originally a member of the Theran Empire, but it sided with Throal when the Compact circulated. They created a fire and air citadel to protect against the Scourge. Obviously it failed somewhere along the way.
It was once ruled by an elected council of 12 members with 6-year terms, though elections seemed to follow the money from merchant houses. The river provided some trade, but most of it was overland roads. Many refugees fled to the town before it was sealed.

The 4 Districts known as Hearts of the City.
  • Makers Way - Smithys and other crafting. Currently clear.
  • Founders Plaza - Government center, public buildings
  • Infirmary/Hospice/Orphanage - dedicated to Garlen
  • Lamplighters Street - Once held oil lamps, host to several drinking establishements
  • Docks - tributary to the Servos river.
Currently the city writhes and twists in unexpected ways, but one location has remained stable. There are some non-adept crew members, craftsmen for supplies and scavenging in the city. They’re finding words etched into tools that they didn’t place there.

The journey from Throal to Trackid is uneventful.

As the city comes into sight, it’s impossible to miss that the city wall has been broken, but a house has been placed into the gap. Buildings have doors on their third floors that don’t go anywhere. Roofs are on ground level. Repairs are being made to the city with mismatched material.

Rose tells us the city spirit will place us in a part of the city we appear to belong in by the items or activities we focus upon. We decide to try for the infirmary first, bringing along physician kits and letting Azurea take the lead. We talk Vralino down from returning to Throal in order to bring her orphan ward along with us.

Orphanage Bound
While the cityscape changes around us in the corner of our eyes, I focus on the sky which stays fixed. After some shifting, we travel under an arch with some lettering on it (Garlens Mercy), but some of it has been repaired with odd objects. We hear distressed children's voices from inside the orphanage.

Infirmary, hospice, or orphanage. All each have their own entrance, may connect in the middle.
Rose senses 2 spirits nearby, one is massive. We enter the orphanage. The entry room has been replaced with a library reception room: desk, books, dust. The sounds of crying is further in beyond a heavy door. Side doors, there’s a door in the ceiling.

We head to the heavy door and it knocks back at us. We head through and suddenly we’re in a jailhouse. As we round the corner, we see six cells, four with ghost children inside them.

Vralino makes a First Impression on a girl ghost, who comes forward for a hug. Vralino accepts the hug. The girl starts to relax, and Vralino feels her emotions and is drained of her life force. As the other children see this, they come through the bars looking for love. Rose and Reyis follow suit. I recognized these children from before, and attacked the last one. Azuria is confused by the situation, and waits.

Offended by my attack, the ghost Contricts my Hear. Rose looks up from her ghost long enough to Suppresses the effect upon me, allowing me to slay the Horrorspawn. Azurea peels the other boy off of Rose. I used Empathic Sense on the ghost hugging Reyis. Reyis comforts the girl ghost further, and she dissipates leaving Reyis with images of it’s death.

Rose tries to cast Bone Shatter on the last ghost, but it fails to connect.

Defeating the last of the spirits, we search the area. Suddenly the room changes and the iron bars are gone. Rose thinks that we need to have people move into the area. I laid down on one of the beds and feels like something is more comfortable.

We take a rest and Azurea treats Rose and my wounds with expertise. Reyis then treats us to a Heroes’ Feast before we press on.

We look through the other two parts of the hospice and infirmary, they have no horrorspawn there. We also find a statue of Garlen half submerge in a sewer pipe.

Trouble at the Docks
We decide to head to the docks, using my river maps and navigation talent to appear to belong there.

The docks are ruined, messy, and there are mannequins scattered around in poses to appear like business is normal. They’re made from random Namegiver parts. Rose and others that have been here before tell us about crystals that make them move. I spot several of the monstrosities with crystals embedded, just before they begin to move to attack us.

They rush across the dock, leaping down upon Reyis and Vralino. The fisherman points at Reyis and a ray of corruption hits the knocked down windling.

Reyis kills 2 of them from the ground with a Leopard Pounce. I swing over the channel to attack the ranged fisherman and slay it before it can harm anyone else. Vralino did not survive the rush, but her Death Cheat charm revived her until Azurea could tend her wounds properly.

LadyDragoon

Re: AAR: [7M] Urban Blight

Post by LadyDragoon » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:53 pm

Hello my wonderful family,

I am so sorry that I have not written in such a long while. I have been very busy opening the spa that I told you about last time. In order to keep it running, I had to do some further adventuring to make sure that I have the funds to keep it going. I guess not everyone knows the benefit of a nice relaxing bath with amazing oils and bubbles but it’s getting there. I am slowly expanding to offer meditation and alchemy potions. You will be happy to know that I am getting much better at the skills that our grandmother has taught me in healing those who need help. I have also been working on my new skills of healing the land around me. You should see my garden.

So let me tell you about my last adventure. I am now on a new personal path to try and conquer my fears/uncomfortableness around spirits cause I think I need to open up a new section of my spa to those who need to be spiritually centred and who else knows about spirituality then spirts? Am I right? To help conquer my “prejudice” I recently travelled with long time friends: Rose, Vralino, Reyis and Sandrin to an extremely unusual place called Trayckid. When I say unusual, I mean Freaky Deeky, make your brain stop and go “Huhhh? That ain’t right”. You see this place is controlled by a spirit (so I am told) and this spirit is what keeps this city running, sort of. When something breaks then it tries to fix it or maintain it by replacing the items with other items that may (mostly may not) fit. Such as a door leading to nowhere, a table used to fix a hole in a wall and my most fav is a skeleton used for a signpost. If you want to go anywhere in the city you had to show that you are interested in helping the city and ** POOF** you end up in that area of the city. We were interested in the Orphanage section/Hospice section so naturally, I bring out my physician kit and we end up in that section of the city.

O.K. let just say this might not have been the best idea for me to dive right into conquering my fears, cause at some point while we were investigating the building we ended up in a jail room with a whole bunch of ghost children who wanted hugs. I told myself before this adventure baby steps, and hugging a ghost child is a big leap in the wrong direction. Needless to say, I was right not to hug these spooky lonely creepy children. I guess their hugs sucked the life out of my friends who did want to hug them. So, I thought it best to put them to rest cause “If your dead then you can’t be lonely”.

We set them to rest and then moved on towards the docks. In all my long life of 14 years, I have never in my life seen wax “People” statues (I say people but they're where parts of namegivers mashed together to make a person). They had these green gem things on them and when we got close to them, they attacked us. What is up with that? Did we trespass? So here I am defending myself from a half-dwarf, half-ork with elf legs and t’skrang arms. We took care of them as quickly as possible, cause man was I creeped out.

I guess the reason we were there, outside my own personal reasons, was to help clear the area and try and get people to move into the city to help the spirit make the place inhabitable again. I think I need to have a very long conversation with Rose next time she wants me to go on an adventure. Cause at some point I would rather have to fight little rug rat ghost children then those waxy mutations.

I did make it out alive. Well, I guess that goes without saying since I am writing to you. Oh well. I will send you the directions to this city so if some of the Kaer wants to investigate and maybe move that way there is room to expand. Oh and please come out to my spa. I would love to see you.
Your truly and spiritually growing,
Azurea