AAR: [6M] The Back Door 2020-08-11 @ 2200 gmt

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

ChrisDDickey
AAR: [6M] The Back Door 2020-08-11 @ 2200 gmt

Post by ChrisDDickey » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:36 pm

LFG: The Back Door - Braza's Kingdom
Time: 2020-08-11 @22:00 GMT   (Sat 6pm Eastern)
GM: Chris D
Rating: 6M
Eligible Characters: ECR 5 to 7
Mission organized by: Nobody
Rumor:   http://www.fasagames.com/forum/viewtopi ... =58&t=1701
Now that the great gates of Throal are open, the kingdom is investigating opening some of the back (lower) doors as well. One of the first gates that was sealed at the start of the scourge was the tunnel complex that lead to a section of the mountains known as "Braza's Kingdom". The back gate was sealed years prior to the great gates being closed due to evidence that Brazza's Kingdom was infested with horrors.
There is interest in unsealing the door long enough to let a scouting party investigate current conditions.

A good old fashioned dungeon crawl and monster bash.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please sign up with the following.

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Last time you (player) played:[/b] 
[b]Circle:[/b] 
[b]Discipline:[/b]
[b]Quote/Unique:[/b] 
[b]Notable Abilities:[/b]
[b]Downtime:[/b]
Last edited by ChrisDDickey on Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

iceface9

Re: LFG: [6M] The Back Door 2020-08-11 @ 2200 gmt

Post by iceface9 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:07 pm

Name: Rose
Last time you (player) played: 31-07-2020
ECR: 6
Discipline: Nethermancer 5/Weaponsmith 4
Quote/Unique: celebrate the good times, it will overshadow the bad times
Notable Abilities: Debuffs, Last chance, Spells
Downtime: Forge Weapon step 15
Item history step 14

Note: Secondary character
Last edited by iceface9 on Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sharkforce

Post by Sharkforce » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:27 pm

Name: Zivilyn
ECR: 7
Last Played: Aug 8
Discipline: Shaman/Wizard/Elementalist 6/5/3
Notable Abilities: Spells, mostly buffs and heals. Good with animals.
Downtime: Downtime: Animal Training (Talent) - Step 17 including karma (Rank 7) (can train up to 7 commands total, or improve non-combat skills by +1 per command used on it)
Research - Step 25 including karma (Rank 5). +3 to the step is available at a cost of 20 sp for access to the Great Library of Throal (only needed for warden items)
Item History - Step 15 including karma (Rank 4)
Last edited by Sharkforce on Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:25 pm

Name: A'horangi Ha'hana Syrtis
ECL: 5
Discipline: Monk
Quote/Unique: "Respectfully, I must now punch you."
Notable Abilities: Very polite dinosaur.
Downtime: Research 1/16 (+3 for 20sp), Item History 3/18
Last Game Played: 2020-07-16 (A'horangi: Just Some Errands) / 2020-07-19 (Dvarim: Invaders 2)
This is a secondary character. Please prioritize primaries.
Alternate: Can bring TEMUR (ECL 7)

verse86

Post by verse86 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:36 pm

Name: Thorkell Gulbrandsen
Date of Last Game Played: 8/10/2020 The Girl Who Reached For The Sky
ECR: 5
Discipline: Weaponsmith 5
Unique: Thorkell brings the downtime activities. Besides that he is a perceptive and tanky troll.
Downtime:
[Forge Weapon] (12+4)
[Forge Armor] (8+4)
[Item History] (11+4+3)
[Craftsman] (12+4+4) can make mundane items, weapons, and armor
[Research] (10+3)
Last edited by verse86 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

predajey

Post by predajey » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:27 am

Name: Vralino Hammer-Shield
Date of Last Game Played: Aug 8
ECR: 5
Discipline: Sword Master...or Spear Master, depending on popular opinion.
Unique: Spears, Surgery, and Socializing...somewhat. I also navigate and alchemate.
Last edited by predajey on Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brian L

Post by Brian L » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:28 pm

Name: Reyis Poriv
Date of Last Game Played: July 28 or so
Circle: ECR-7
Discipline: Shaman (5)/Monk (4)
Unique: Spells-Buffs to Awareness, Stealth, Healing, Poison, other things.
Downtime: Animal Training (5) Step 15; Research (4) Step 20; Item History (4) Step 20; Large supply of acid and acid like ingredients.
Plays well with others and shares toys.

ChrisDDickey

Re: AAR: [6M] The Back Door 2020-08-11 @ 2200 gmt

Post by ChrisDDickey » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:49 am

AAR:

Player Rewards: 6M
Reyis: 7,500 LP, 200 SP, 3 Tips, 1 Last Chance Salve, 1 Desperate Spell
Thorkell Gulbrandsen:7,500 LP, 650 SP, 3 Tips.
Thorkell: 7500 LP, 600 SP, 3 TIPs 1 Absorb Blow for -50 SP
Temur:7,500 LP, 350 SP, 3 Tips. Last Chance Salve.
7,500 LP, 550 SP, 3 Tips, 2 booster potion and 1 absorb blow charm
Vralino Hammer-Shield:7,500 LP, 350 SP, 3 Tips. Last Chance Salve.

Journal Bonus: 375 Legend, 162.5 Silver
GM Rewards (Zil)L 39,000 lp, 1000 sp, 3 TIPs.

Downtime:
Reyis Poriv: Animal Training (5) Step 15; Research (4) Step 20; Item History (4) Step 20; Large supply of acid and acid like ingredients.
Thorkell Gulbrandsen: [Forge Weapon] (12+4), [Forge Armor] (8+4), [Item History] (11+4+3), [Craftsman] (12+4+4) can make mundane items, weapons, and armor, [Research] (10+3)
Rose: Forge Weapon step 15, Item history step 14

Alternate awards:
An Enchanting / Alchemy lab was looted. Half price on every third thing on common magic item, blood charm, and healing aid lists starting at the 1st on each list. Half price on Alchemy kit/lab. Chance (talk to gm within 24 hours) of cheap enchanting supplies.
A jewelry shop was looted, so half price on generic Jewelry.

Further Information:
Braza's Kingdom is full of Horrorspawn and dangerous creatures. But it has a whole lot of loot.

predajey

Re: AAR: [6M] The Back Door 2020-08-11 @ 2200 gmt

Post by predajey » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:57 am

The following is a recollection from Vralino Hammer-Shield, a 15 year old Ork girl who grew up avoiding society. At this point, she has found value in a small circle of friends and has even begun networking socially for jobs. The text remains unaltered to maintain its authenticity (Certain terms and names written wrong to keep in character). It is written in Or'zet.

They're opening a door deeper into the Kaer! Better yet, they're hiring! We got another job! And Thorkell's coming along! Before we opened the door, I went to the NCO's Bar and tried to get some word from the guards. They didn't really have much information. It didn't help that I incited a bar fight. The next day, in a bit of a hangover, we got to see the ranking wizard and elementalist open the door. There were runes and claw marks at the entrance, but not much else as we traveled further in.

We came across a city. The way forward was blocked with collapsed rubble. We explored the city and I found a waterway that delivered fresh water to where we were. As we got to the end, Temur found a sewer entrance. When we finally stopped to rest for the night, my watch went without a hitch. Shortly after I went to sleep, we were attacked by shadowmants. They kept their distance, so I ran to grab a light quartz and ran ahead to try to keep them illuminated for Temur. Between him, Reyis, and Rose, that was about all the offensive power we had. They attacked once and flew away. I treated everyone's wounds and went back to sleep. I should really invest in a nurse's cap.

The next day, we continued to deeper. Of course we found the shadowmants again. They completely bypassed me to attack everyone else. Still, Temur was able to kill one or two of them, and I knocked one of them to the ground so that Reyis could finish it off. Surprisingly, no one was poisoned, but Thorkell took a pretty heavy hit. Today's just not his day. I had to use some more bandages. I should probably invest in some more decorative bandages. Maybe they'll lift his spirits! I could get some with Foxels embroidered on them! That could get very expensive, though.

At the end of the route, we came across the city. There were several resident homes and shops, and we found a few potions, salves, and enchanting materials, as well as some really ugly jewelry. I can't believe people actually bought this crap. My team had a little more sense than that. No one seemed interested in it, but I bet if Shana was with us, she would have tried to take the entire store back with her. She loves shiny things. Such a silly windling.

We bedded down for the night, and during my watch, Thorkell and Rose started screaming. There was some sort of mind slug burrowed in their ears. Temur tried to remove the one in Thorkell's ear, but it didn't come out until I put my physician's skills to use again. I couldn't get the one in Rose's ear out. Reyis ended up punching it to death, but not before Rose went into critical condition. I couldn't let another person die. I patched her wounds, and did what I could to save her, but I think Temur's suggestion for her to drink a booster potion is what saved her life. That and her Last Chance Salve. She was very fortunate to be able to return home.

We didn't find anything else, so we went home. I might be able to get to circle 5! I'm really starting to kick ass, so I'm eager to see how the next job goes!
Last edited by predajey on Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

verse86

Post by verse86 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:00 am

The best thing to do when you don't know what to do is throw yourself into work. Vralino found us a job. There is a back door to Throal that was sealed centuries ago. Vralino is the only member I have worked with previously. We also have an Ork Rider by the name of Temur, a T'Skrang Nethermancer named Rose who also dabbles in smithing, and a windling Shaman named Reyis. It was a mine that was so productive it became its own city called Braza's Kingdom. They feel it is finally time to open the door and clear out whatever is within. This seems to be quite a big deal. Upon our leaving, a century and throal's greatest wizard saw us off. Just within the door we were greeted by a significant amount of bones. Deep scratches trace the back of the door. The wizard believes the door is okay for at least a decade. They sealed us in and we set about our work.
We followed a well-built road until we reached a small village, it appears to have served as a rest stop between Throal and Braza's Kingdom. The road ahead was blocked by a cave in. After much searching we were able to find an old sewer tunnel that led us through past the cave in.
Shadowmants. Why is it always shadowmants? We were able to spot them on our nightly watches but this group was rather persistent. They circled back every hour or so to accost us. Cowardly hit and run tactics. Never with range. Never within...grasp. Fortunately, our shaman protected us from the worst of their poison. After being attacked by them throughout an entire day, we were finally able to kill most of the accursed beasts which dissuaded them from trying again. I say "we." I was largely ineffective due to them staying well out of range of my sword.
We finally made it to the city. We found an old alchemy lab that still had plenty of useful items. After exploring for most of the day we decided to rest in a house for the night. Both Rose and I were awoken rather rudely by some horror slugs burrowing into our ear canals. Vralino was able to quickly remove the nightmarish thing from my ear. Rose was not so lucky. After many attempts to pull it out as well as some just straight attacking the thing, Rose died. We were finally able to get the thing out and a last chance salve was applied to resuscitate her. Overall this adventure has been rough. Having completed our objective we returned to Throal with our information.
Once again I have been largely ineffective at anything but getting hit. I am going to take some time and improve my armor. Hopefully this will help.
The one good thing from this was Temur gave me both of his weapons to forge: a bow and a lance. They seem to be a pair named Moonlight Toccata and Moonlight Crescendo. They are very fine specimens.