AAR: [5H] Soulforged (2020/07/12 @ 21:00 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:19 am

LFG: SoulForged
Time: 2020-07-12 @ 21:00 GMT
GM: Xzandrate
Difficulty: 5 Hard

Rumor: Some of the souls of the dead wish to help the living, Rose wishes to help those spirits. In an effort to find a way to properly house those souls, Rose wishes to learn the art of soulforging. Dvarim Bolg has indicated he has little knowledge of the Namegiver spirit, but he will instruct Rose in the ways of the smith if he can help collect the materials to complete his new forge.

Benefit: Open Weaponsmith as secondary

Note: (4pm Central - 5 Eastern)
Last edited by Xzandrate on Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

iceface9

Re: LFG: [5H] Soulforged (2020/07/12 @ 21:00 GMT)

Post by iceface9 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:23 am

Name: Rose
Date of Last Game Played: 6-11-2020
Circle: 5
Discipline: Nethermancer
Unique: Debuffs, last chance, and Wither Limb
Downtime: NA

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:15 am

This is a secondary character. Please prioritize primaries.

Name: Temur Tengerkhan
Circle: 6/4 (ECL 6)
Discipline: Spirit Rider / War Rider
Quote/Unique: "Those are good thoughts for thinking."
Notable Abilities: I ride an imaginary horse. I do the tracking and the survival and sometimes navigation.
Downtime: Wine, women, dancing.
Last Played: 2020-07-07 (Yippie ai ayy, Yippie ai oohhh)

zevait

Post by zevait » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:49 pm

Name: Icarus Wolf-Swift
Discipline: Air sailor
Quote/Unique: "No man left behind, no idea what lies ahead."
Notable Abilities: Navigator, drunkard, flirting, team player
Downtime: Wine, fine wine, finer wine
Last Played: your exits are here, here, and here

LadyDragoon

Post by LadyDragoon » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:29 pm

Name: Azurea M.D. (S.O.A.P)
Discipline: Shadow 5/Purifier 1
Quote/Unique: I am the soap that cleans the dirt between the toes of the world from the shadows.
Notable Abilities: Shadow blades and SURPRISE!!!
Downtime:
Last Played: July 8 2020

Brian L

Post by Brian L » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:54 am

Name: Reyis Poriv
Date of Last Game Played: July 10
Circle: ECR-6
Discipline: Shaman (5)/Monk (4)
Unique: Spells-Buffs to Awareness, Stealth, Healing, Poison, other things.
Downtime: Animal Training (5) Step 15; Research (4) Step 20; Item History (4) Step 20; Large supply of acid and acid like ingredients.
Plays well with others and shares toys.

Jexel

Post by Jexel » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:29 pm

Name: Nez
Last Game Played:7-8
ECR: 6
Discipline: Beastmaster 6/Warrior1
Quote/Unique: I do not think you understand.
Notable Abilities: Claw Shape to the Buttocks
Downtime: Animal Training (16) Rank 6

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:47 am

AAR: : SoulForge (2020-07-12)
GM: Xzandrate
ECR: 5
Difficulty: Hard

Player Rewards:
Rose: 6000LP, 713SP, 5TiP’s, weaponsmith discipline access
Icarus - Reward 6000LP, 713SP, 5TiP’s
Nez: 6000LP, 638 SP, Rank 3 Forge Armour, 5TiPs
Azurea: 6000 LP, 713 SP, 5 Tip's
Reyis: 6000 LP, 713 SP, 5 Tip's

Alternate Rewards:
Access to Weaponsmith Discipline
Discount Forge Blade
Discount Forge Armour

Journal Reward: +300 LP, +178.3 SP
GM Reward: Lazulin (800 LP, 200 SP, 3 TIPs)

Downtime:
Reyis: Animal Training (5) Step 15; Research (4) Step 20; Item History (4) Step 20; Large supply of acid and acid like ingredients.
Plays well with others and shares toys.

Nez: Animal Training (16) Rank 6

Summary:
Dvarim sent the adepts to Bolgenar, where Magda sent them to a Ancient Stronghold in the Scytha mountains. The adepts found the dwarven spirits encased in webbing, they beat what they believed was responsible, but will send further help to clean up the astral space.
*With a special guest appearance by Dvarim*
Last edited by Xzandrate on Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Icarus-Wolfswift

Post by Icarus-Wolfswift » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:10 am

Rose invited me too help her deal with some spirits, up in a retreat that the famous weaponsmith Dvarim's family uses. I thought this was going to be a pretty sweet time until we get there, Rose and the mother of Dvarim were talking about the spirits and it was then I realized that these aren't the spirits I am familiar. I wish I could explain what was happening with the spirits that she needed help with but it was over my head. either way we headed out to Sosanopa and traveled down the river east. Getting dropped off on the side of the river to make the journey to the place these spirits come from. reaching the door of this place Reyis and Rose noticed some guardian spirits that rested out front of the gate. they told us to enter we must answer a old dwarf saying. they asked what is best in life, after a bit of consideration me, reyis, and rose came to the conclusion that the old dwarf saying was "The Forge, The Fire, and The blood of our kin" after saying that the spirits allowed us to enter the keep. inside we found it was a very very large workshop with many different types of work stations. we came to a very large room with some kind of sculpture that had horses on it. for some reason me and Azurea thought it would be great to jump onto it and it started spinning. despite how fun it was after awhile I jumped off and noticed that it was hurting me and my comrades off the ride. we defeated the insane contraption and barely made it out alive. after this we found a room full of strange corrupted ogres that we had to quickly dispatch, we almost lost Azurea but luckily she had a death cheat charm. after we defeated them Rose stated that we had saved the spirits and we returned to inform Dvarim and his mother in Throal. Over all it was a good adventure that payed well enough and allowed me to buy some drinks.

Jexel

Re: AAR: [5H] Soulforged (2020/07/12 @ 21:00 GMT)

Post by Jexel » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:40 pm

The Written Histories of Nez and Sagarmatha

An adventuring companion Rose requested that I accompany him and some others into the mountains to look at a forge. Apparently Rose is looking to learn to become a Weaponsmith and enlisted myself, Azurea, Reyis and Icarus.

We headed up to the mountain forge and found the mother of a renowned weaponsmith Dvarim. Sagarmatha thinks the holidays in that household have to be exhausting.

Apparently the others are chatting and examining the local spirits who are not behaving as expected. I do not understand why so many are so enthralled with non living things.

To figure out the spirits entrapment she sends us far north to their ancestral grounds and we come to the foothills of the Scythe mountains. Their ancestral fortress is a massive Dwarven forge with ancestral guardians. After some discussions we find out that the forge they are guarding has been breached and we must stop it. Sagarmatha was somewhat upset that they are having us do their job.

We enter the fortress and come upon a large room with some sort of giant spinning toy of mechanical horses. Icarus and Azurea jump on the ride. I was so tempted to jump on the ride but Sagarmatha gave me a stern NO. We were attacked by an Anvil and Cask, I do not know what is going on. We take down the animated objects and notice that the carousel is hurting Icarus and Azurea. I was at a loss on why they would not get off.

Icarus was able to break free and we decided to look for ways to hurt it. Rose cast a spell on it and one of the horses got hurt so then I attacked a horse. The horse fought back! The screeching death ride finally came to a stop. Sagarmatha does not like insane dwarven contraptions and I agree for once.

After licking our wounds we explore deeper into the Dwarven Fortress and see some badly deformed Ogres. A massive brawl breaks out. The Orges had some sort of insect like deformities and another was what is referred to as an Ogre twin. When Sagarmatha took him down a second one popped into his place. After my comrades took some large hits from the massive Ogres we finally started to pick them off.

We also noticed that the Dwarven spirits were cocooned in astral space. Reyis noticed that an ant spirit climbed out of one of the dead Ogres patterns. That is another hard problem in the future.