AAR: [5M] Herbalost (2020-06-25 2300 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:20 pm

LFG: Herbalost
Time: 2020-06-25 23:00 GMT
GM: Dvarim
Circle: 5
Difficulty: Medium

Rumor: It is 5pm on a Thursday. Think about where you are taking your ease. A woman finds you. She has a job for you. Of course, you will take it.

Benefit: Redacted

Notes: This adventure runs TONIGHT at 7pm EDT

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] Character name
[b]Date of Last Game Played:[/b]
[b]Circle:[/b] Circle of your character
[b]Discipline:[/b] Your character's Discipline(s)
[b]Unique:[/b] What your character is bringing to the table.
[b]Downtime:[/b] Talents and Skills that other characters can use over downtime: [Talent] [Step including +Karma Step if appropriate] ([Rank]) ([Further Details])
Last edited by bronzemountain on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

etherial

Re: LFG: [5M] Herbalist (2020-06-25 2300 GMT)

Post by etherial » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:24 pm

Name: Daldorer
Last Game Played:2020-06-17
Effective Circle: 6
Discipline: Nethermancer
Quote/Unique: Daddy can make you feel better
Notable Abilities: Physician, Death's Head, Dust to Dust
Downtime: Alchemy Step 7. Recipes: Booster Potion and Small Light Quartz

Jexel

Post by Jexel » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Name: Nez
Last Game Played:6-24
ECR: 5
Discipline: Beastmaster 4
Quote/Unique: I do not think you understand.
Notable Abilities: Claw Shape to the Buttocks
Downtime: Animal Training (12) Rank 2

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:33 pm

Name: Moe'uhane
Date of Last Game Played: 2020-06-17
ECR: 6
Discipline: Illusionist(6)/Messenger (2)
Unique: Enhanced matrix, buffs, some socials, Pretend fireballs
Downtime: Research - step 9

LadyDragoon

Post by LadyDragoon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:34 pm

Name: Azurea
Last Played: June 24 2020
Circle: ECR 4
Discipline: Shadow (4)
Unique: Happy go lucky attitude (or as some may call me Cheerful Sneaky Murder)
Downtime: Nothing:

sigfriedmcwild

Post by sigfriedmcwild » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:39 pm

Name: Norg
Last played on: 2020-06-17
ECR: 6 (39270LP)
Discipline: Gauntlet 5
Quote/Unique: Endure, in enduring grow strong
Notable Abilities: PUNCH!, some awareness, some wilderness survival, the worst physician this side of the mountains
Downtime: none

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:12 am

AAR: Herbalost (2020-06-25 2300 GMT)
GM: Dvarim
ECR: 5
Difficulty: Medium
Alternate Rewards: 1/2 price Blood Charms

Player Rewards:
Moe'uhane: 4,000lp & 475sp & 3TIPs
Daldorer: 4,000lp & 475sp & 3 TIPs
Nez: 4,000lp & 475sp & 3 TIPs
Norg: 4,000lp & 475sp & 3 TIPs
Azurea: 4,000lp & 475sp & 3 TIPs

Journal Reward: +200 Legend, +118.8 sp

GM Reward: Dvarim, 19,000 Legend, 900 sp, 3 TIPs

Downtime:
Moe'uhane: Research - step 9
Daldorer: Alchemy Step 7. Recipes: Booster Potion and Small Light Quartz
Nez: Animal Training 2/12

Summary:
Working for the mysterious Mr. Supdaios Pagameno, as represented by his factor, the dwarf Lavrinn, the Adepts ventured to the village of Yasinya, and rescued the Ork herbalist, Qurali Vikenn.

Jexel

Re: LFG: [5M] Herbalost (2020-06-25 2300 GMT)

Post by Jexel » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:15 am

The Written Histories of Nez and Sagarmatha

A female dwarf takes notice of me in the Bazaar, a female dwarf named Lavrinn who works for Spoudaios Pagameno and summoned me along with others to the Blackroot club.

We were conscripted to find a Ork female Herbalist Qurali Vilkenn who moved to the border of the servos jungle in the Village of Yasinya (42.16). She was missing and find out what happened to the herbalist. The village mainly consists of Orks with a scattering of other races.

I was excited to get back to the Servos Jungle as this is where I last saw Sagarmatha. I hope when I find Sagarmatha again he will not be so confused. The town is very spread out near the edge of the Servos. We got to do the greeting ritual with the kids of the village and it was great time. I really like this town.

We meet with Kreska the record keeper in her open house. She mentioned that some Elves came by three or four weeks ago to look for her and had a business proposition. She seemed to have a relationship with Qurali.

We go to the house and Norg noticed that the house has been searched and found a hidden floorboard with some type of wing that is used as heraldry and a book.

Qurali’s book seemed to identify three variants of herbs and Moe thinks that the feather is a symbol of the Great Dragon Icewing.

Daldorer summoned a spooky hearth spirit that came out of the fireplace and went to look for Qurali. It was very unsettling and the spirit came back and gave us three areas to check in. The jungle became very dense, humid, warm and oppressive. I just hope to find Sagarmatha.

In a great moment a Crojen jumped out of the woods at me. It was less great that Norg and I were on watch and the rest were on the ground sleeping. I am sure Sagarmatha led the pack to me. Unfortunately his friends did not know of our bond and proceeded to tear through my flesh. I flew into the air and proceeded to dominate one of Sagarmatha’s friends. Moe, Daldorer were also assailed. Norg is quite possibly the most resistant bruiser I have ever seen. Moe let out a couple clutch Fireballs that incapacitated the clutch. I will forgive him for hitting Sagarmatha.

After the pack was defeated Sagarmatha was on the ground but still alive. When he awoke I was able to sooth him and calm his fears.

As we head further into the jungle we hear some noises in a language that was described as Theran mixed with Throalic. It appears that they were torturing Qurali and we lept into action.

Azurea and I sneak around the outside to take out the archers. Norg is one tremendous distraction. I drop the first archer with Azurea finishing him off. I then drop the second Archer. The others are fighting the Therans which at least one appears to be a Swordmaster, one a Warrior & one a

The Archer runs and after his leader thanks him for his sacrifice he backs down and throws his bow into the pit. The others take two down and the leader runs off. He after being stopped on the chase slits his own throat. Sagarmatha

The three leaders were members of a Theran loyal kaer and Bellisen considers that we are still at war. We brought back a Theran prisoner and body to Throal.

It is good to see Sagarmatha again.

Xzandrate

Re: AAR: [5M] Herbalost (2020-06-25 2300 GMT)

Post by Xzandrate » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 pm

From the writings of Moe'uhane, T'skrang Illusionist, 6th Circle, Messenger Rank 2

I was relaxing at my favorite café when a dwarven woman intercepted my waiter and brought my tea and scone on his behalf. She advised me her name was Lavrinn and was sent to offer me a job by her employer. One Mr. Spoudaios Pagameno. He was apparently aware of me and requested me specifically. I was to meet her the next day at a high end bar named the Black Root Club. I agreed, how could I not, someone sent She then enjoyed a small bite of my biscuit and was off.

I made my way to the Black Root Club the next day. I met Nez, Daldorer, Norg and a new Troll, Azurea. She was a Shadow, and it was amazing. She drew copies of her dagger that were shards of truth wrapped in shadows, they were rather effective. We made our way inside, and were eventually lead to a large prepared room where Lavrinn awaited.

She explained that Mr. Pagameno had a herbalist in his employ and she had not been heard of in a couple of weeks. She was rather important to his continued interests in Throal. Qurali Vikenn was her name, and she was located at the village of Yasinya near the edge of the Servos Jungle. We were asked to go and investigate her disappearance. She then afforded us free reign of the private room and the extensive menu. We indulged to the extent that we could, knowing that we had a mission to venture forth on.

The trip to Yasinya was pleasant, we were able to travel what were now becoming well worth paths. Through Clearcreek Crossing, down past Skyreader Isle. The number of windlings we encountered grew much greater. As we began to get within a day of the Servos we began to see sparse dotting of homesteads. The closer we came to Yasinya, the more dense the homesteads became until we eventually came to the large grouping of buildings. We met a local farmer on his way out, he greeted us and gave us some information of the settlement. Some of the children in the local school house had started to hang out the now open window as we discussed with the farmer. I caught them watching out of the corner of my eye and sent a flock of illusionary birds flying past. This brought their school mistress to the window to scold them. She eventually led the children out and had them practice the Ritual of Greeting with us. This led to a small gathering as more and more villagers came out to join into the impromptu festivities.

Everyone advised us to visit Kreska Navid, the local record keeper of land deeds. We entered the moderate familial home, the front half of the grand room had been converted into an office and Kreska sat at a desk with a pile of papers and the picture of an ork woman. Kreska advised us that Qurali would normally be gone for two to four days at a time. This time had been distinctly longer and Kreska was worried, you could see the deeper worry than that of a friend. She told us that we were not the first to come inquiring about Qurali. Apparently two elves had come looking for her about a business opportunity three weeks prior, a red headed female and her golden haired friend. Both seemed to be well equipped and capable adventurers. Daldorer, questioned what she told the elves, and if there were specific locations Qurali frequented. After realizing that he may have intimated that she may have put her friend in danger, he swore a blood oath to her swearing that no harm would come to Qurali or herself. She advises us towards Qurali's house. We give it a quick once over. Some of the others noted that the place has already been searched. Luckily for us, our competition did not have the luck of truth on their side. Norg's heavy footstep revealed the loose floorboard that hide the journal with all of the botany notes. It detailed Qurali's collections and re-affirmed her normal collection areas.

As we prepared to sleep for the night, Daldorer summoned a Hearth Spirit and negotiated it's assistant in locating the homes owner. Azurea was rather taken aback by the spirit climbing from the hearth, as she had a mini panic attack I took the opportunity to spin the image of a second one climbing from behind her. She opted to spend some time outside. The spirit complained that the owner had not been home for some time and the home was in disarray. It rushed off, obviously passing Azurea judging by the scream. We took the opportunity to tidy the home for the spirit and awaited it's return. The spirit eventually gave us information that Qurali was alive, but could not narrow down the exact location to more than one of three.

We set out the next day, the first location was the southernmost and a location that we were unaware of previously. We felt this could be the most likely if she was being held hostage, and we could move north from there. It was two days to get to the location. After camp was made on the first night, Nez and Norg sounded the alarm, just in time for me to roll over and be pounced upon by a crojen. Nez was again confused by these pygmy panthers, believing it to be his spirit guide Sagarmatha. Catching a ball of fury with outstretched arms had a predictable result, as he was knocked to the ground. A second pounced onto Daldorer and myself as he awakend, and a final out harmlessly bounced off of Norg. Daldorer was visibly injured, and tried to hold off the crojen with one hand while attempting to tear off his face with the other. I back pedalled from the one pawing at me and unleashed a phantom fireball upon the rest of it's friends. The power of the illusion knocked them all to the ground, giving us time to gain our bearings. This gave Nez time to fly up away from the vicious beasts, and Azurea demonstrated the aptness of her discipline name and got out of bed and moved to the shadows out of notice of the creatures. Norg laid into the prone cat in front of him, nearly finishing it. The crojen began to get up, the one that had been on me stepped into the trap and scratched at me again (I must thank Dvarim for the exquisite work on this chain, it is quite literally a life saver). Taking stock of the battle, Nez could see the distress Daldorer was in and dominated the cat to go and laydown by the edge of the clearing. This put it outside of the harm of the second phantom fireball, the trap the cat on me had stepped into. One of the crojen went down as the illusory flames caused it to jerk, and the other two were knocked down again. As the illusory smoke began to clear, and I smiled and the poor creature that stepped into my area of effect, a large black troll dagger split orange lick of flame and buried deep into the beasts neck as it fell over. I turned just in time to see Azurea spinning and loosing a second dagger on the cat in front of Norg. It glanced off the cat, drawing it's attention long enough for a large overhanded fist to finish it. Nez then attended to the animals that were still alive, and tried frantically to determine which one was Sagarmatha. Apparently Azurea's dagger also caused a concussion, because the cat she felled took a liking to Nez and began to follow him.

We slept and healed the rest of the night, and after a quick meal in the morning we were on our way again. The second night left us just shy of our destination, but allowed us to deal with the last of our wounds. As we approached the location marked on the map the others called a halt, there were voices, switching between Throalic and Theran. A quick bit of reattunement and the party was shrouded in in the illusions of a cloak. This allowed Nez, Azurea, and myself to creep forward and scout the situation. There appeared to be a female ork, whom we assumed was Qurali, tied in the center of a ruined temple. She was surrounded three captors, with two archers on the far side standing guard. Nez indicated that he and Azurea would make use of the cloak to move into an ambushing position on the archers, while I retrieved Norg and Daldorer. A large troll in crystal plate is difficult to make look like anything sneaky, one of the captors notcied him as we approached. As they turned to see Norg moving from the jungle all hell broke loose. Nez and Azurea stepped from the shadows and debilitated one of the archers, while Daldorer shrouded the floor of the small ruins in fog and you could see their faces grow white as then looked upon his raw visage. Their leader managed to regain enough acumen to direct his compatriots to 'get the caster' as he pointed to Daldorer, he then spat at me taunting 'who did we think we were'. My magics flowed through myself and reached out to wash against Norg and Daldorer to either side of me as I replied, 'we are legion, and you are next'. The phantom images of each of us sprung to life, but the taunt did not seem to overcome the fear he had of Daldorer. The far side of the clearing Nez jumped onto the other archer, while Azurea took advantage of the captors in the middle being distracted by us. Norg beat on the poor elven woman who stepped up to him. A fellow t'skrang was drawn to me and flailed away rather uselessly, while muttering slightly comical taunts. Unfortunately for him he was paying attention to me, and not the Shadow behind him. A pair of black daggers pierced his lungs and then melted away. He again hissed about my weakness as he slid down to the hewn stone at my feet. As I turned to take assessment of the situation, Norg had taken out the one that was on him, Daldorer finished another. Nez was fighting with the lone archer, and the rest of us turned towards their leader. He bellowed something to the archer about the empire thanking him and burst into a sprint into the jungle. The poor archer was awestruck, then looked around, dropped his bow and surrendered. Norg started towards the jungle, after the leader, as I loosed my carpet from my belt and stepped on urging it forward. I very quickly caught up to the fellow and advised him to STOP! While he came to a dead stop, realizing the desperateness of his situation, he grabbed for his knife and slit his own throat. Norg stepped into view at that point and helped bring the body back. During the commotion of returning with the body and freeing and speaking with Qurali, the archer managed to sneak off, and the red haired elf had awoken. She immediately offered surrender and started to answer our questions.

It appears that they were from a kaer towards the south of the jungle that remained loyal to Thera, these intrepid fellows had decided that they were going to gain extra glory for the empire to be traded for status when the Therans did return. She offered no resistance, so we disposed of the remaining bodies and made our way back to Yasinya. There was a joyful (though reserved) reunion between Qurali and Kreska, and a thanks from most of the village. As we had two assets that would be of interest to the authorities in Throal we set out for home. It was a long trip back, especially with the decaying body of an enemy on the carpet floating behind us. Daldorer assured us that the body could be used to compell the mans spirit. We received a few odd glances, and as we entered Throal, those increased, although it could very well have been as much because of the smell as the sight. Daldorer and I brought the assets to the authorities, who were expecting us. We then made our way back to the Black Root Club, and payment and goods were also awaiting us. It seems our benefactor also granted us a special token with our own visage emblazoned upon it. A very fine adventure, I suspect that Mr. Pagameno was incredibly please and may be in touch in the future.

Xzandrate

Messenger Report

Post by Xzandrate » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 pm

**As the magic flows across the page the words come into view**

The Servos Jungle is an untapped resource of alchemical and medicinal wonders. Many parties are attempting to find and claim the growing places of the best flora.

One such benefactor in Throal has had field worker go missing and hired adepts to investigate.

Dossier Updates:

Notes: The areas around Skyreader Island show more life and activity by the newly settled windling population.

Notes: Will provide gateway to Servos Jungle, key agents working to enhance and protect community will be seamless at this stage of growth.

Faction: Kaer Vromikos
Operating Status: Thera loyal kaer of zealots
Notable Actors:
Ak'rax, T'skrang sword master - possible K'tenshin allegiance.
Belisen, elven raider
Kerevon, elven leader

Faction: Icewing
Operating Status: Great Dragon
Status: Incomplete - appears to have influence in both Throal and Yasinya
Notable Actors:
Lavrinn, female dwarven steward
Qurali Vikken, ork herbalist
Spoudaios Pagameno, unknown benefactor (possible cell leader)

After Action Report:
Theran Loyalists from recently open unmet Kaer Vromikos kidnap herbalist from small Servos village. Adepts sent to recover successfully, one cadaver and one captive of the zealots returned to Throal. Herbalist and adepts were under employee of benefactor of Black Root Club. Based upon notes in botany journal, and rewards given to adepts, herbalist, steward, and benefactor intersect with Icewing. Affiliation unknown, general actions and m/o did not suggest cult or worshippers. Faction does not want to broadcast members, but was overt in making claim to adept party with stylized silver coins with the emblem of Icewing.

Conclusion: Investment into local communities proving valuable (see. SkyReader Island), should continue practice. New kaer should be approached with diplomatic envoys in an attempt to re-educate, if unable must consider imminent threat and re-seal kaer or eliminate. Potential new ally faction in Icewing, must handle with extreme caution, awaiting decisions from superiors.

Reporting Agent: Bearded Dragon

**The words vanish as the magic dissipates**