AAR: [4H] Fight or Flight (2020-06-30 22:00 GMT)

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:45 pm

LFG: Fight or Flight
Time: 2020-06-30 22:00 GMT
GM: Dvarim
Circle: 4
Difficulty: Hard

Rumor: Gjorg Thruval, Questor of Thystonis, sets Kain the Obsidiman a task. The homesteads of Synevir have been put to the test. Raiders attack them and steal what they grow. They have come to a crossroads. Some argue to abandon the settlement, others to defend it. Makir Tonn has called out to Thystonius that they may find the courage to fight. Questor, this is your quest. Go and teach the people of Synevir to be brave, and to fight.

Requested by: Kain
Reward: Advancement as Questor of Thystonius
Benefit: A settlement doesn't fade into obscurity.

Notes:
- Adventure has been changed to Tuesday at 6pm EDT
- There will be both RP and combat components to this adventure.

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] Character name
[b]Date of Last Game Played:[/b]
[b]Circle:[/b] Circle of your character
[b]Discipline:[/b] Your character's Discipline(s)
[b]Unique:[/b] What your character is bringing to the table.
[b]Downtime:[/b] Talents and Skills that other characters can use over downtime: [Talent] [Step including +Karma Step if appropriate] ([Rank]) ([Further Details])
Last edited by bronzemountain on Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

BrandenV

Re: LFG: [4H] Fight or Flight

Post by BrandenV » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:10 pm

Name: Kain
Date of Last Game Played:
Discipline: Archer
Unique: Ability to Shoot real well.
Downtime:

Icarus-Wolfswift

Re: LFG: [4H] Fight or Flight (2020-06-26 21:00 GMT)

Post by Icarus-Wolfswift » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Name: Icarus Wolf-Swift
had to withdraw
Last edited by Icarus-Wolfswift on Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reyntrannin

Re: LFG: [4H] Fight or Flight (2020-06-26 21:00 GMT)

Post by Reyntrannin » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:41 pm

Name: Langren
Last played: 6/24/2020
ECR: 4
Discipline: Shaman
Quote/Unique: This land is a wonder, simply waiting for us to embrace its lessons.
Notable Abilities: Support and offensive magics, healing, good with animals, some investigative abilities.
Downtime:
  • Animal Training (10)
  • Research (9/12), may pay 20 sp for +3 steps due to library access
Last edited by Reyntrannin on Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jexel

Re: LFG: [4H] Fight or Flight (2020-06-30 22:00 GMT)

Post by Jexel » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:51 pm

Withdrawn due to outside obligations.
Last edited by Jexel on Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LadyDragoon

Post by LadyDragoon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:28 pm

Name: Azurea
Last Played: June 24, 2020
Circle: ECR 4
Discipline: Shadow (4)
Unique: Happy go lucky attitude (or as some may call me Cheerful Sneaky Murder)
Downtime:

Brian L

Post by Brian L » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:24 am

Name: Reyis Poriv
Date of Last Game Played: June 25
Circle: ECR-5
Discipline: Shaman
Unique: Spells-Buffs to Awareness, Stealth, Healing, Poison, other things.
Downtime: Animal Training (4) Step 10
Plays well with others and shares toys.

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:43 am

Fight or Flight 2020-06-30 @2200 GMT
GM: Dvarim
Difficulty: Hard

Player Rewards:
Azurea: 3,000LP, 563SP, 5 TIPs
Langren: 3,000 LP, 513 SP, 5 TIPs, 2 Boosters
3,000LP, 188 SP Death Cheat, 6x boosters, 5 TIPs
Reyis: 3,000 LP, 563 SP, 5 TIPs

Journal Rewards:
150 Legend, 140.8 Silver

GM Reward:
Dvarim: 3 TIPs, 19,000 LP, 900 SP

Downtime Actions Available:
Langren: Animal Training 4/10, Research 3/12 (assuming 20sp spent for library access)
Reyis: Animal Training 4/10

Further Information:
The settlement of Synevir has changed its name to Thystonvir in honor of the way Thystonius intervened to save them by sending a Questor and Adepts to protect them from the predations of raders. Makir Tonn has become a Devotee of Thystonius.

Reyntrannin

Langren Vogel

Post by Reyntrannin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:25 pm

Kain, a Devotee of Thystonius, requested aid in a task set him by his patron Passion. I, along with my new friend Azurea the Troll and a fellow Shaman Named Reyis Poriv, answered his call in the early morning and set out on journey to the village of Synevir. This took us northward out of Throal, which was a new and exciting trek, as I had previously spent most of my time near or south of the Kaer. The trip was uneventful, although we did have some difficulty in finding our way. Eventually, after seeing some interesting signs of the world returning to its true glory, such as the herd of dyre we passed, the village was on the horizon.

Entering the village, the few remaining townsfolk greeted us with tribute they thought we were there to take, but some able wordplay with them convinced them that we were not the threat they took us for (I do not believe we ever truly convinced all of them that we were no threat, but that is no matter). After calming the situation, we realized they thought we were part of a group of raiders that had been preying on them for some time. These raiders, led by someone named Or'shank, had been forcing the village to give tribute to his gang. As a result, most of the village had already left, and those that remained were frightened, tired, and broken. Except for one Dwarf woman called Makir. She turned out to be the catalyst of our presence there, having prayed to Thystonius for relief and the strength to resist these tribulations. Most of the other villagers were at best suspicious of our ability to aid them when we offered, but eventually gave us enough information to work with.
Azurea, being a physician, had noted the weakened and malnourished state of the people, and thought that if nothing else, fortifying their food stores would help to improve their morale and strength. Thinking on this, we remembered the herd of dyre we had passed, and decided to hunt for some meat to have a feast with the village.

Additionally, it seems that the village Weaponsmith had left about a month earlier, taking with him a store of weapons that he had been working on, as well as many of the tools he had crafted. This seemed like another likely lead for us to follow.

After mapping out the best path, we decided to visit the Weaponsmith, who lived a little more than a half day distant. Upon arriving, the blighter opened fire on us with a crossbow (not that he could hit the broad side of a barn), and proceeded to begin shouting at us. I responded to the coot, and he seemed to understand that I was here to help those he had a responsibility to. However, he didn't think there was much he could do on short notice, as the supplies had crafted to fight the raiders were stolen by some nearby ogres. Kain agreed to recover the weapons, and I extracted a commitment from Haggon (the Weaponsmith) to be ready to travel back to village when we returned.

we arrived at the ogre's home shortly before night, and Azurea scouted around to get the lay of the land. The ogres were holed up in a rocky mound with a couple of natural cave formations. while Azurea was scouting, I called to a Wolf Spirit, asking for his aid in our coming hunts. He agreed, but was a shrewd bargainer, knowing my need. His price was simple, freedom to hunt the area around the village and take a reasonable number of their herds. I eventually got him to also agree to act as a kind of guardian for the village's lands as well, with his pack keeping other predators at bay.
The attack on the ogre's camp was childishly simple. Reyis and I layered our magics over the party, and then I cast Moonglow on the wolf so that the evening's dimness would not be a hindrance. With both of us marking targets and Kain and Azurea raining down missiles, the pair of ogres were cut down in a few heartbeats, and the larger of their pets, a crakbill ran away. However, i was truly impressed with the valor o the other bird they were keeping. A cockatrice, it valiantly closed with Reyis and proved its mettle in close combat. Had any of the others there had even half its strength in battle, things would have gone badly, but instead it fell once our companions fully focused their attentions on it (a pity, and I still regret that necessity). Once the ogres were laid to rest, were able to recover the weapons and tools they had stolen, then headed farther north to finish our hunt of the dyre.

Our second hunt was over quickly as well. Reyis and I kept most of the herd pacified, while our ranged companions quickly slew one of the beasts. We were then able to run the others off without causing undue harm to the herd, leaving it to continue to roam for now. We field dressed the animal, but did not butcher or skin it, as the hide would help protect it while we pulled it on make shift litter back to Haggon's home.
The Dwarf was good to his word, and was ready to go when we arrived, so the trip back to Synevir was quick and uneventful. All told, it took us a couple fo days to perform these tasks, but the feast we delivered showed the worth of our deeds. Reyis and I wove spells to bind all those feasting together as we shared teh stories of our triumphs and encouraged the villagers to raise their hands in their own defense. It truly did feel as if Thystonius's blessing was on us as we worked over the next few days, fortifying the area's defenses and setting traps to surprise the raiders with. It would have been nice to also teach the townsfolk how to use their newly won weapons, because even to my inexperienced eye, they looked more like a parade of clowns than a trained militia. Oh well, as my master has told me, the spirits expect us to abide by what we have rather than wishing for what we do not.

The raiders arrived as expected at the end of a week, however there were some problems caused by an event the day before. Two of the villagers, Nevos and Bokvak, were so frightened and despairing, that they ran off in the night (and warned the raiders of our preparations, we later learned), which meant that rather than the full element of surprise we were hoping for, the raiders were ready to come in force and make an example of those who would resist them.

It was fortunate then, that despite their great numbers, the raiders did not act well as a concerted unit, and by not applying their force closely, failed to secure their target. Kain and Azurea began cutting down the warriors who thought to flank us, while Reyis and I harassed their leader and the townsfolk maintained a defensive action against most of the raiders rank and file. We eventually cut down all but Or'shank and one of his lieutenants, and even those two, who refused to give up the fight, fell in turn. However, Or'shank grievously wounded our Archer, and at first I thought Kain was done for, but we managed to revive him with the use of potions and magic, to our great relief.
We stayed for a few more days, recovering from our injuries, and then my companions headed back to Throal. I have decided to stay here for some time, teaching the inhabitants of this place how to properly care for and raise their herds, as well as introducing them to their new protectors, the wolf pack that my brother spirit led. I have taken a liking to this place, and am now working on constructing my own home here, as a place where I can begin properly training and raising my own beasts. And I have not forgotten the herd of dyre that grazes not too far away. I think that soon we will need to organize a hunting trip to get new stock for my fellow villagers to raise.

LadyDragoon

Re: AAR: [4H] Fight or Flight (2020-06-30 22:00 GMT)

Post by LadyDragoon » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:42 pm

Hello, my dear and beloved family,

Today I find myself reflecting on the things that I have come across that are as unique as you all are. It brings me so much joy to remember every one of you and the uniqueness that you all bring to this world. Those thoughts are what I revisit on my long journeys across our wild and open world.
Today's story I will recap of my latest journey outside of the Servos Jungle to a small town named Synevier. Accompanying myself on this journey was my good friend Langren (aka A.W.E), one of my long-term friends Reyis and an Obsidiperson named Kain. Our journey and task were to go to the village and propose a solution for the villages against the raiders. Either help them defend or help them pack up.

Once we reached the village outskirts we came across a few homes that looked like they where abandoned. I guess some of the villages have lost hope and left their home behind. It is incredibly sad to leave the one place you think would be safe and secure only to be bullied into leaving. The further we ventured the more homes we came across this way. Closer to the middle of the village we did come across some people who had stayed and were paying the price by paying off the raiders. These poor people did not even put up a fight. I walked in wanting to help and they handed over their goods without even asking a question. They thought I was there to collect. My heart broke for them. How could anyone feel so helpless and broken? Needless to say, we explained that we were not there to take but to give peace of mind and a helping hand to help their situations. I would like to say that they were welcoming at this announcement of help but their spirit was shattered long before we came into the picture. A few wanted to fight, some wanted for us to go back where we came, and others just didn’t know what to do. How long have these people suffered?

After some talking and a whole lot of drinking, we finally made some headway when someone suggested that we go see a Weaponsmith outside of the village. The next day we walked to his home and it was built like a mini fortress. The immediate greeting was less than welcoming from the Weaponsmith but in the end, we convinced him to help. Of course, there was a catch. There always is a catch. We had to go and retrieve the weapons that were stolen from him by some ogres. Great more ogres. Oh, but I almost forgot these ogres were orange. Yes, I wrote it correctly “Orange”. This I had to see.

Well, the only reason they where orange was due to a pet they had. Some sort of chicken-like creature that liked to spit orange snot at people. You know what…. I am getting a little tired of going out into the wilderness and having animals either fling poo or spit at me. Anyways…. we took care of the ogres, brought back the weapons and the weaponsmith came with us to help fortify the village. On our way, it was suggested that we do a little hunting to help feed the village. Like Cousin Skidda-rink use to say “When the milk is flowin’: the spirits are goin’ Chow down”.

The village agreed to stand and fight. We prepared for the upcoming battle. Digging holes (mine was the best), teaching the villagers how to use weapons and making their houses secure. No sooner then we completed these tasks then our friendly neighbourhood raiders showed up demanding that we give over the good. You know my answer..”Nope! Nope, not going to happen”.

What a battle. They had some of their guys on mounts while we were all either hiding or in the river at some point during the battle. The villagers were amazing and held together defending their home from the raiders. I was so proud of them. On our side, we had our hands full. One of the bad guys kept repeating that we killed their sister. ???. I tried to ask what they meant but they would not explain. As the battle went on my poor dear Obsidiperson was knocked down by a mighty blow. I guess at this time I had to quit playing it safe and get down to real business in order to go and help my dear wounded friend. As I was attending Kain I felt something.. I don’t know how to explain it but seeing Kain close to death's doorstep a calmness came over me. I knew that he would be ok. I want to say I saw a vision but I don’t know what to call it. As I worked on Kain I could envision his wounds healing with a warm glow and the world around him was comforting him while his body and mind healed itself. I will have to ask my friend the Wiseone if he knows what this would mean or maybe I got hit in the head during the battle.

Well that’s it for now.

I will send word soon on my next amazing adventure. Oh ya FizBit say’s hi too. (Please ignore the chew marks on the letter. He’s teething.)

Azurea