AAR [4h] Rockfoots Quarry 6-24-2020 @ 21:00 GMT

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

BrandenV
AAR [4h] Rockfoots Quarry 6-24-2020 @ 21:00 GMT

Post by BrandenV » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:43 pm

LFG: Rockfoots Quarry
Time: 2020-06-24 21:00 GMT
GM: Branden
Circle: 4
# of players: 4
Difficulty: Hard

Rumor: Jorgund Rockfoot has requested a group of adapts to investigate a local mining operation he set up that is rumored to have been overrun by
ogres.
Requested by: Nez
Reward: Option to Multi Discipline into Warrior

Notes:
- Adventure runs at 5pm EDT

Name: Character name
Date of Last Game Played:
ECR: Effective Circle of Character
Discipline: Your character's Discipline(s)
Unique: What your character is bringing to the table.
Downtime: Talents and Skills that other characters can use over downtime: [Talent] [Step including +Karma Step if appropriate] ([Rank]) ([Further Details])
Last edited by BrandenV on Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

iceface9

Re: LFG [4h] Rockfoots Quarry 6-24-2020 @ 21:00 GMT

Post by iceface9 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:49 pm

Name: Rose
Date of Last Game Played: 6-16-2020
ECR: 5
Discipline: Your character's Discipline(s) Nethermancer (5)
Unique: Last Chance and debuffs
Downtime: NA

Jexel

Post by Jexel » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:00 pm

Name: Nez
Date of Last Game Played: 6-7-2020
ECR: 4 Circle 4
Discipline: Beastmaster
Unique: Claw Shape to the buttocks
Downtime: Animal Training - Step 12 - Rank 2

LadyDragoon

Post by LadyDragoon » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:32 pm

Name: Azurea
June 18 2020:
Circle: ECR 3
Discipline: Shadow (3)
Unique: Happy go lucky attitude (or as some may call me Cheerful Sneaky Murder)
Downtime: Nothing:

bronzemountain

Post by bronzemountain » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:01 pm

This is a secondary character. Please prioritize primaries.

Name: Temur Tengerkhan
Circle: 5/4 (ECL 5)
Discipline: Spirit Rider / War Rider
Quote/Unique: "Those are good thoughts for thinking."
Notable Abilities: I ride an imaginary horse. I do the tracking and the survival.
Downtime: Wine, women, dancing.
Last Played: 2020-06-10

Reyntrannin

Post by Reyntrannin » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:38 am

Name: Langren
Last played: 6/18/2020
ECR: 4
Circle: 4
Discipline: Shaman
Quote/Unique: This land is a wonder, simply waiting for us to embrace its lessons.
Notable Abilities: Support and offensive magics, healing, good with animals, some investigative abilities.
Downtime:
  • Animal Training (10)
  • Research (9), may pay 20 sp for +3 steps due to library access

BrandenV

Re: AAR [4h] Rockfoots Quarry 6-24-2020 @ 21:00 GMT

Post by BrandenV » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:14 am

AAR:

Player Rewards:
Langren: 3000 Legend, 150.5 SP, 5 TIP's, Death Cheat Charm, Kelia's Antidote, 2 Kelix's Poulitces, 3 Boosters, Wood Skin talent
Temur: 3,000 LP, 338 SP, 5 TIPs, 2x Kelia's Antidote, 1x Salve of Closure
Azurea: 3,000 LP, 338 SP, 5 TIPs, 2x Kelia's Antidote, 4x Booster Potion
Nez: 3,000 LP, 375.5 SP, 5 TIPS, Kelix Poultice, Kelia's Antidote, Salve of Closure

GM Reward:
Kain: 2200 LP, 375 Sp, 3 TIP's

Downtime Actions Available:
Langren:
Animal Training (10)
Research (9), may pay 20 sp for +3 steps due to library access
Nez:
Animal Training - Step 12 - Rank 2

Further Information:
Ironhaft the Ogre Twin is now working with Rockfoot in the mines to assist with finding and mining true earth. Located at 46.11

LadyDragoon

Post by LadyDragoon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:51 am

Hello and greeting from afar my wonderful large family,

I hope to return to you soon to personally catch the family up on all my adventures but until then I will have to send you letters. FizzBit is growing up so fast. He has found a new game to play. He brings home items and I must figure who to return them to. He brings home the weirdest thing sometimes. At least I get to make new friends this way. He is so cute.

Anyways, I recently went on another adventure. This time I was requested to join a group travelling to a mine to take care of some Ogres who scared away the miners. I was lucky to have Langren (aka. A.W.E), an Orc that rode on a mount like no other I have ever seen named Temur (that’s the name of the rider, not the mount.) Also joining us was another new little buddy named Nez.

On our way to the mine, we stopped to take a rest for the night. Nez and I decided that we would watch over the campsite for the first part of the night while Temur and Lagren fought over where they were going to sleep. I didn’t think Orc’s liked to snuggle but Temur I guess is just a big softy when it comes to Lagren. Once all the sleeping arrangements were handled Nez and I stood watch and he pointed out these huge moth type creatures that he called Moon Moths and said that they were harmless. HE WAS WRONG!! They did not come to enjoy the fire or make friends they came to … excuse my language.. get funky with us …if you know what I mean. I was having no part of this. Not only did we have moths that did not believe in our personal space but two big hounds came to the party. We tried our best and, in the end, my cuddly friend Temur was able to save our lives. He is so strong. It took some time to heal up from that. The good thing is that Nez has no memory of what happened that night and we are going to keep it that way.

Once we reach the mine the Ogres agreed to make a deal with the miners to give them ½ the proceeds if we got rid of the bugs in the cave. When we entered the cave these really large bugs with lots and lots of legs came down from the ceiling and attacked us. No problem right… but no they also had to bring in friends like these Giant Huge Ugly bug things with claws and a stinger. They also did not believe in personal space and attacked us. We did defeat them and thought our job was done. Ya right. Now we find an Ogre in the cave who told us that if we leave the leader will kill us and not hold up his end of the bargain. So here we go again. Kill the Ogre. So, we did. The deal was agreed upon by the rescued Ogre. You know what family I am so tired and confused on why everyone is trying to trick everybody. I am starting to feel that trusting people is not the wisest thing to do. I know that I am usually the first to make friends but out there in the wild you have to be very careful. Let that be a lesson for all the young ones be careful about whom you trust not all of them are trustworthy. They could be bandits, poachers or even Ogres that will fight each other.
I hope that my next letter will be more on the happier side.

Missing you all,

Azurea

bronzemountain

Journal: Temur Tengerkhan

Post by bronzemountain » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:44 am

Song of the Immortal Sky - Part 9

Know that it is brave to face danger when your friends have fallen.
Know that it is wise to counter betrayal with much more sudden betrayal.
Know that this day, Temur of the Monkhiin-Tenger was both brave, and wise.

A Human Warrior, who had given up on life and retired to become a manager of diggers, did hire brave Adepts to drive Ogres from his hole in the ground. Ogres had scared away his people and laid claim to the quarry. For help, he turned to Langren Beast-Calmer, Azurea Hurler of Shadows, Nez Littleclaw, and Temur.

Together they rode toward this mine. As they made camp for the last night before they arrived at their destination, the night sent terrors to harry them, to test them.

Know that Moon Moths (Editor's Note: The moths referred to are actually Death Moths. Please take care to note the differences.) are horrible, silent, festering things that will stab you with their bellies. Do not believe tiny beastmasters who claim they are peaceful. Know that Gate Hounds are both ugly dogs, and also ferociously dangerous ones. They will suck the magic out of your blood and chew your bones to dust. Know that these Moths will lay eggs in your belly and make you forget you ever fought them. Know that Barsaive is still full of strange and wondrous terrors.

Langren, the Shaman, was caught between hellish jaws, the hound slavering as it devoured all magic. His bones cracked, his breath rattled, and he fell, all but dead. Then Nez, pierced by a moth's poisoned ovipositor. Paralyzed. Fallen to the ground, watching with silent horror. Azurea battled bravely, felling one moth before the hounds had her. None could withstand their crushing maw.

Against Moon (Editor: Death) Moth and Gate Hound stood Temur Tengurkhan. He fought with the fullness of ability. He charged the hounds, and wheeled and rode as if dancing. Ayanga was swift and sure as her name, which means thunder and also lightning. He and Ayanga moved as one that they might find the secret places from which to pierce the beasts' defenses. Wounded, desperate, but loyal to the end, they fought.

And victory was theirs! The beasts were driven off, friends and allies recovered. Even Langren, who might surely have breathed his last were it not for the blood charm that saved his life.

Know that when the shaman served them a Heroes' Feast, they felt they had finally earned this greatest of all meals. They had faced death and had thrown their brave laughter against its cold teeth. Hoow-ah!

The Adepts did come to this quarry of the Rockfoot. The quarry taken by Ogres. The Ogres, for their part, were willing to parley - at least for show.

Know that these Ogres were led by one Steelhaft, who is of the twinned variety. Know that he tricked the heroes into clearing the mine of poisonous vermin for him in exchange for the ersatz promise of partnership.

Know that the Adepts did face centipedes most Dread and Bonecracking children, tiny newborn scorpions a mere five feet in length. (Editor: Wait, what?!). Venom dripped from every pincer and mandible. Muscles seized and hearts palpitated.

Know that Temur and Azurea, Langren and Nez, did persevere and emerge victorious. Know that they encountered Ironhaft, another twin, and also brother of Steelhaft. Know that two ogre twins makes four ogres. Know that this is math.

Ironhaft explained the betrayal that Steelhaft planned for the Adepts. And so the Adepts answered in kind. They charged out of the cave mouth like a storm striking a valley. Steelhaft stood no chance at all, and swiftly, the day was theirs.

Know that this story has ended. Know that this story continues.

Jexel

Post by Jexel » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:19 pm

The Written Histories of Nez and …

Temur the spirit rider and two individuals who I have not grouped with Azurea & Langren met with Jorgen Rockfoot a human with minor rights who enlists us to free his mine of Ogres.

We travelled into the mountains and camped near a bridge that crosses a small stream. Apparently we were attacked by some Death Moths and some Gate Hounds. I don't remember any of it but I did see the corpse of a dog and a moth. We were all very badly beaten as well. Another dangerous night, thankfully I still do not have the memories although I had the bruises of a large fall from height. I must remember Sagarmatha's advice to stay low and sneaky.

We walk to the mine and see a group of Ogres, led by Steelheft. They offer to split the elemental earth they found in the mines if we kill the bugs. We agree but not without our suspicions.

Two giant Dread Centipedes two enormous Nymph Bonecrackers found us and attacked. Another round of deadly poison. At Least this time I was able to apply my Poultice before the paralyzing poison took full effect. It did make me sluggish though. The Centipedes and Bonecrackers where frighteningly big and I do not want to see larger ones. Larger than Trolls and possibly uglier. Then again I had a hard time telling apart the Ogres from Trolls as well. Sagarmatha would remind me to look for the horns if he was here.

Once we dispatched the bugs we found a paralyzed Ogre named Ironheft who says that his Brother will attack us as we leave the mine. This Ogre was surprisingly intelligent for an Ogre and he agreed that if we defeat Steelheft he will become chieftain and honor our deal. It was a tough situation because we were all badly wounded from the battles. We had to trust him.

We charged in on Steelheft and with the benefit of protective magic from Langren; Azurea Temur and I were able to take the mighty Ogre down.

Ironheft has stuck to his word for now.

Upon returning I decide to take Joren up on the offer to train in the ways of a Warrior.