AAR: [ECR3M] "Out Fox the Foxil"

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

LadyDragoon
Re: LFG [ECR3M] "Out Fox the Foxil" 2020-06-18@11:00[PM] GMT

Post by LadyDragoon » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:28 am

Greetings my wonderful family.

I am pleased to write that I am doing well and moving forward in my goal to explore and see the world for its uniqueness and wonder. I am just starting to get settled in my new home in this wonderful city. The home felt somewhat empty, but I have fixed that by including a pet of sorts. I rescued a cute and adorable fox-like creature. He (or is it a she?) is for fluffy and friendly. The only problem I have with it is that I find that my knives go missing only to be found in his/her bed. Let me tell you how I came across my new house companion.

You see I was asked to go and investigate why items went missing at a local village. On our way to this village, we came across a man named “Timber Jones” and before you ask yes there is a Farmer Bob that lives in the village too. Mr. Jones was trapped under a tree. It makes me wonder what does he yells when he chops down a tree? Does he like to hear his own name? This reminds me of a saying about if a tree falls in the woods and …. Well you know what I am getting at. So of course, we had to help Mr. Jones out from the tree. I was lucky that on this adventure I had the “Wiseone” with me. She helped me remove the tree and apply medical attention. It is so nice to have another physician I can talk to about stuff. My small bow friend and drinking college (the Windling) from my past adventures was really helpful making sure that Mr. Jones did not bleed out. She was just the right weight to sit on his leg to stop the bleeding.

Oh, I almost forgot. I met two other travellers that adventured with me. One of them could calm the animals around him and the other had a bird type, lion type something something…. Honestly, I have no idea what it was but I will say it is not the weirdest thing I have travelled with so far.
So back to my story. We reached the town and found out that these fox creatures were stealing stuff. Not sure why but our job was to go find them and bring them back to the main town. Of course, I have never seen them before so I did ask what they liked and disliked. All I found out is that they love pie from the “Pie Lady” and that you must be careful that they do not eat the Gooseberry pie over the Blackberry pie. I didn’t really get a good explanation of why, but I have to believe my fellow adventures they seem to know more about this then I do.

Off we went. Lucky for us our team knew how to find them and made quick friends with them. They then led us to where the other fluffy ones where being held. Side note…. I learned a new word during my time with the group. “Poachers”.. it means bad guys who hurt animals for their skin or other things. These are not good people at all. So of course, we dealt with them the usual way. We did find out that they were hired by an Orc thief named Del’mond. We brought the bundles of cuteness back to the city as per request. Of course, I could not have given them all up. I had to keep the one that I found in my backpack asleep. My only question now is where did half my rations go?

I guess that is a question for another day. So, all worked out fine. We saved the fluffballs and I have a new house companion.
I will write soon. Give all my cousins hugs. Better yet just tell them I say hi. It could take a while to hug all of them.

Azurea