AAR: [ECR 4-M] In My Tribe 2020-06-10 2300GMT

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

etherial
Re: AAR: [ECR 4-M] In My Tribe 2020-06-10 2300GMT

Post by etherial » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:53 pm

I have recently become acquainted with the Throalic Society of Historians, an excellent organization in the pursuit of knowledge, which had recently uncovered some evidence of a place of import to the South. Several others, interested in currying favor with the Society, have joined me to explore the area.

A brief visit to the Throalic Land Registry, whose representative seemed quite the Questor of Dis, revealed that there were no known claims in the area we intended to search.

A few days out, we were ambushed by Cockatrices. They make terrible meat, but some attempts were made to harvest their poison glands.

The remainder of the journey to Skyreader Island was uneventful, and as we traveled upriver searching for information, we found a recently built homestead occupied by a gruff Dwarf. The Dwarf had recently reported hearing some wolves, and, despite being clearly uninterested in the presence of other Namegivers, believed we had been sent by the Passions and would be of use to him. We agreed to rid him of his wolf problem in exchange for directions to the ruins. The wolves were easily cowed by my Frighten Spell and Reyis' Shamanism, and we won the day.

Beyond lay an ancient ruin, including a fallen tower. Within the tower were several creatures, tiny flying wisps of light that shouted "Intruder!" and threw spells at us. Desipte our ample supply of Spellcasters, injuring them was quite the feat and we nearly lost the battle until I was able to pop two of them with a pair of well-placed Astral Spears.