AAR: [ECR 4-M] In My Tribe 2020-06-10 2300GMT

The current version of the Earthdawn West Marches Discord campaign, effective Jan 1, 2020

Moderator:etherial

ottdmk
AAR: [ECR 4-M] In My Tribe 2020-06-10 2300GMT

Post by ottdmk » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:52 am

LFG: In My Tribe
Time:2020-6-10 2300 GMT (1900 EDT, 1800 CST)
GM: ottdmk
ECR: 4 (2,300 to 34,999 Legend)
Difficulty: Medium
Reward: Standard
Alternate Rewards: Discounted training in Knowledge Skills
Last edited by ottdmk on Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

iceface9

Re: LFG: [ECR 4-M] In My Tribe 2020-06-10

Post by iceface9 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:54 pm

Name: Rose
Last time you (player) played: 6-7-2020
Circle: 4
Discipline: Nethermancer
Quote/Unique: Spirits are intriguing, and more exciting than people
Notable Abilities: Last Chance
Downtime: None
Last edited by iceface9 on Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bronzemountain

Re: LFG: [ECR 4-M] In My Tribe 2020-06-10 2300GMT

Post by bronzemountain » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:43 pm

This is a secondary character. Please prioritize primaries.

Name: Temur Tengerkhan
Circle: 5/4 (ECL 5)
Discipline: Spirit Rider / War Rider
Quote/Unique: "Those are good thoughts for thinking."
Notable Abilities: I ride an imaginary horse. I do the tracking and the survival.
Downtime: Wine, women, dancing.
Last Played: 2020-05-31

Brian L

Post by Brian L » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:22 am

Name: Reyis Poriv
Date of Last Game Played: June 7
Discipline: Shaman
Unique: Spells-Buffs to Awareness, Stealth, Healing, Poison, other things.
Downtime: Animal Training (4) Step 10
Plays well with others and shares toys.

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:07 pm

Name: Moe'uhane
Date of Last Game Played: 2020-05-31
ECR: 5
Discipline: Illusionist(5)
Unique: Enhanced matrix, buffs, some socials, arrow attracting tail
Downtime: Research - step 9

Icarus-Wolfswift

Post by Icarus-Wolfswift » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:50 pm

Name: Icarus
Last time you (player) played: 6/7/20
Circle: 3
Discipline: air sailor
Quote/Unique: Cart, Mule, good times, bottle of wine, can heal your wounds.
Notable Abilities: climbing, navigation
Downtime:

etherial

Post by etherial » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:44 pm

Name: Daldorer
Last Game Played:2020-05-28
Discipline: Nethermancer
Quote/Unique: Daddy can make you feel better
Notable Abilities: Physician, Death's Head, Last Chance
Downtime: Alchemy Step 7. Recipes: Booster Potion and Small Light Quartz

ottdmk

Re: AAR: [ECR 4-M] In My Tribe 2020-06-10 2300GMT

Post by ottdmk » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:22 am

AAR: In My Tribe (2020-06-10)
GM: ottdmk
ECR: 4
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Daldorer: 2,200 Legend, 330 sp, Creature Lore 3 training (45 sp value), 3 TIPs
Temur: 2,200 Legend, 375 sp, 3 TIPs, Animal Bond with a Dire Wolf
Icarus Wolf-Swift: 2,200 Legend, 375 sp, 3 TIPs
Moe'uhane: 2,200 Legend, 375 sp, 3 TIPs
Reyis Poriv: 2,200 Legend, 375 sp, 3 TIPs, Animal Bond with a Dire Wolf

Journal Reward: +110 Legend, +93.8 sp
GM Reward: Dubhan, 19,000 Legend, 900 sp, 3 TIPs

Downtime:
Reyis: Creature Training Rank 4, Step 10
Moe'uhane: Research Step 9 (12 with Library (20 sp))
Daldorer: Alchemy Step 7 (Booster Potion, Small Light Quartz)

bronzemountain

Journal: Temur Tengerkhan

Post by bronzemountain » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:46 am

Song of the Immortal Sky - Part 8

Know that the scholar Semyon Tagarlig did hunger for new stories of old things. Know that Temur of the Monkhiin-Tenger did help this scholar to weave together stories from ruins and rubble.

Together with Moe'Uhane, the river of truth, Reyis who is not Zivilyn but is similar, Icarus Wolf-Swift, and Faceless Daldorer, Temur did travel through the hills south of Throal. These were late summer days, comfortable and warm, and the journey was pleasant and good in itself.

Know that this proud band of Adepts was attacked by strange lizard-chickens, which were later pronounced to be Cockatrices, which is a strange name. Know that it sounds dirty, but it actually is not.

The Adepts easily vanquished these creatures, killing most and sending one scuttling back into the hills. Happy for the exertion, and largely unwounded, the party rested a spell and moved on.

They were told to look for something strange, which is itself a strange thing, for all things might look strange to the right eyes. Soon enough, they came upon a lone homestead, isolated in the heath.

Know that this was the home of a dwarf who was having none of it. This dwarf was a simple man who had carved out for himself a solitary life. It is not the life of an ork, but there is some honor in building the life you want, the way you want it. The dwarf did know of something strange - ruins, not far off, where strange lights danced in the night sky. But he would not provide directions until his homestead was safe; and his homestead was threatened by wolves.

Know that the Adepts did make ready, with plans and with Temur as forward scout. Once the wolves were sighted - and they were massive beasts, indeed - he and Ayanga rode swiftly back and the battle was on. Daldorer did bravely face the bulk of the pack, his faceless stare frightening the beasts. Icarus dove in bravely to help his companion, while Reyis did call upon his spiritual bond with animal spirits to calm two of the wolves.

Know that these two calmed beasts were very good dogs, yes, very good dogs indeed, and did befriend both Reyis and Temur.

The Adepts fought bravely and emerged victorious, particularly with the help of Moe'uhane's flames that do not burn his friends. The Dwarf was grateful and, as he had promised, drew a map to the place of the dancing lights.

After a day's rest, the Adepts ventured forward, and there, as the map had indicated, found moss-covered cobblestones and broken stone walls. A tower had fallen and rested on its shattered side. This was an old place, found again after the Scourge.

Know that this tower was guarded by strange magical spirits that were single-minded in their objection to intruders. Know that Temur and these Adepts did, in fact, intrude.

The dancing lights flew out of the tower like angry glowing bees. They had neither hands nor mouths, but still shouted 'Intruder, Intruder' in alarm. And to ward off threat, they wove powerful spells. They grew spirit barbs that rendered the flesh and soul vulnerable to attack. They wove webs from magic itself and hurled them to bind both Reyis and Temur.

But the Adepts had great magic of their own, in Faceless Daldorer and Reyis Wolf-Calmer and Moe'Uhane of the Gentle Flame. Temur and Icarus guarded their friends as best they could, and the Adepts' magic was finally sufficient to carry the day.

Know that Semyon Tagarlig was well pleased at this find, and that scholars rushed to the place to bind it up in the Patterns of their notebooks and journals.

Know that this story has ended. Know that this story continues.

Xzandrate

Post by Xzandrate » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:53 am

From the writings of Moe'uhane, T'skrang Illusionist, 5th Circle

I was summoned to the building of the Throalic Historic Society, as I arrived I encountered friends who had likewise been summoned. Icarus Wolf-swift, Reyis Proiv, Daldorer, and Temur. We met with a rather eccentric dwarven fellow named Semyon Tagarlig. He was looking to hire a group of adepts to go investigating some scattered accounts of a possible pre-scourge entity to the east of Clear Creek Crossing.

Daldorer, Reyis, and I checked with the Throalic Department of Land Registry, and were greeted by a rather dedicated dwarven woman who was quite irate at our lack of proper forms. She eventually softened and granted our request. To the knowledge of the office, nobody was living within a days travel of where we were headed. We accepted the knowledge and thanked our efficient host and made our way to the gates of Throal to meet Icarus and Temur.

We began our journey, with Icarus navigating, I was given the task of holding watch over the group. With the Expansionary Loop in my fin, the flow of the world around me felt much more acute. I noticed the ebb and flow of the dangers around and steered us clear of most dangers. The first encounter that came close enough, we were set upon by Basilisks, they tried to sneak up behind us to no avail. We grouped together and held them at bay, dispatching the majority of them with practiced efficiency. Phantom Fireball proved useful again, causing them all to flinch as the rest of the party finished the raptor beasts.

We finally made it to approximately where we looking to search, and in our investigations came across a small cabin with a subsistent farm built up in the surroundings. We met a rather curmudgeonly dwarf who was very brief in his discussion with us. We informed him of the reason that we were there and he intimated that me may have some knowledge of strange happenings in the area. He felt that however, that he had been blessed by Garlen, and that we were in answer to his prayers. It seemed that over the past fortnight he had begun to hear the howl of a wolf pack, and they were steadily approaching his homestead. In exchange for the removal of this threat, he would exchange the information he had. In the name of Garlen or not, I am always willing to help fellow Namegivers see the truth and beauty of the world, so we agreed to help with his wolf problem.

We knew to expect them after nightfall, so we made ready our ambush. Temur scouted out to intercept their approach under the cover of illusion. Shortly after the moon was high within the night sky he returned and said that the wolves would not be far behind him. Sure enough, the wolves descended upon the homestead as we finished casting spells. They immediately started to descend upon Daldorer, but he withstood the onslaught. With weapons of unusual size in hand, Icarus leapt towards the nearest wolf he could see, while Daldorer worked to frighten another. Reyis flew forward and soothed one of the wolves, it heeled and began to lay on the ground ignoring the goings on around it. The little shaman had a great link to the spirit of these animals, as he would repeat the effect later. Temur patiently waited as the last gestures of Monstrous Mantle wrapped him and Ayanga in the beastly visage, then rode off to prepare loosing an arrow into the canine foes. He followed that up with a charge into the wolves with a sharp circle and retreat, leaving Ayanga safe from the ravages of the Phantom Fireball I loosed upon the wolves. Reyis cowed the second wolf, and we caused one to run, finishing the rest and leaving two rather docile wolves. Reyis managed to coax some interaction from one getting it to become adjusted to him. Temur then approached the other one, and it nearly leapt upon him. I feel that since our last adventure together, Temur may have spent much time with his pups and may have accidently tempted the wolf with the smell of a bitch. The homesteader was satisfied and gave us a map to a location where he had encountered strange lights in the distance.

We made our way to the location mapped out for us the next morning. We came across the ruins of a stronghold and began to look around for anything more telling as to what this may have been. As we began to turn over every stone, quite literally, Daldorer gave a start as we started to hear a repeated intonement of 'Intruder!' Small floating lights came from the crumbled ruin of a watch tower. Will o' the Wisp's began to throw magic at us. We were all rather taken aback, and it took us a bit of time to gather our bearings. The creatures managed to bind a number of the party, reducing the effectiveness of Temur, Icarus, and Reyis to some degree. Eventually we gathered our wits about us and we started to shake off the ill effects and overcame the creatures. Again, the mindless targets were ripe for Phantom Fireball, though I stumbled trying to blind them at first to limit their spell casting.

Will o' the Wisps do not just appear randomly, Reyis and I both agreed that these were likely constructed guards for some magicians who made this their home at some point prior to the Scourge. The historians would be giddy to hear this. We rested and prepared to make our way back, travelling at a slightly quicker pace as we were more familiar with the path and the destination, again keeping close watch of the dangers around us to avoid any undue grief. The dwarves from the Throalic Historic Society were ecstatic and were already making plans for a return. We took our earnings and set about to prepare for the next adventure.