Excerpts from the Court-mandated parole log of Gronk Longtusk

Post your characters here

Moderator:etherial

etherial
Re: Excerpts from the Court-mandated parole log of Gronk Longtusk

Post by etherial » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:35 am

From the journal of Gronk Longtusk

3 Raquas, 1424 T.H.
One of the Borgan's Rest guards, a Human Named James, sent word to Throal that many children of the town had been acting strangely lately, disappearing for days, singing eerie songs, etc.

5 Raquas
Having arrived in the town, we asked around for rumors of what was going on. Laurence, for once, hadn't heard of anything. Who or whatever was affecting the children were clearly on to him. We spoke with James, who had adopted an orphan from a nearby Kaer.

We followed the path to a spot in the woods where several children were chanting and playing tag.
Crimson Lady, safe within your cage,
Who will come to dance upon your stage?
We are here to dance for you again.
Who will fly to purify their sin?
After several repetitions of the process, they called out my Name and started chasing me. Not being sure what would happen if I let them touch me, I chose to stay out of reach until they gave up.

Elasie then began leading the party into an ambush, but I clever faded into the night. When the rest were attacked by giant wooden reptiles, I was able to ambush them from the rear. We defeated the creatures but lost track of Elasie.

5 Raquas (continued)
We picked up the trail again and found the children dancing around a fenced-in tree. When they saw us, their skin erupted in bark and they, along with some horrifying wooden centaur things.

Thane leapt up to try and chop down the tree directly, but it had several truly horrifying powers that made it a poor plan. It pinioned him to its bark and absorbed his life force with its tentacular tendrils.

Ceadda faced off against the centaurs and was also attacked by some Black Mantises. Nista and Romari provided support and made sure the children were no threat, but defeating that tree was awful. It continuously fed off of Thane and occasionally Ceadda until I ran out of Karma and could barely keep hitting it.

Nista was able to revive the dead children and while their bark was cast aside, they have remained unconscious. We don't know how to fix them.

PCs:
Ceadda, male Human Warrior
Gronk Longtusk, male Ork Archer/Liberator
Pethrytholilanista, female Elf Nethermancer
Romari Savre, male Elf Wizard/Traveled Scholar
Thane Cawdor, male Troll Sky Raider

NPCs:
James, Borgan's Rest Guard
Several comatose children

etherial

Post by etherial » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:23 am

11 Riag, 1424 T.H.
The Questors of Garlen and Floranuus believe they have discovered a cure for the comatose children that we recovered from Borgan's Rest. They have asked us to bring back some Jimicia fruit to bring us into a shared dream state with the comatose children and confront the Horror there.

16 Riag
At the edge of the Servos Jungle, we've found the forest where the Jimicia fruit was once reputed to grow. While searching around for it, a Hydra burst out of the undergrowth and tried to tear Romari apart with its jaws. Ceadda and Thane threw themselves at it. I suspected that chopping off its heads might slow it down, but it seems my suspicions were for naught - my second Flame Arrow downed the beast without dropping a single head.

In the Hydra's lair, we were able to recover some Jimicia fruit. Thane cleverly suggested we recover some ripe and unripe fruit, since we had no idea how long the fruit would last.

19 Riag
Thane has been taking us Northwest instead of North and we have lost a day on the return trip. The ripe Jimicia fruit has begun to turn. +1 for Thane and -1 for Thane.

22 Riag
We delivered the Jimicia fruit to Silvano, who will spend the rest of the day crafting the potion.

23 Riag
We lay down next to the children and took the Jimicia fruit, entering a dark dream-cave. Within, we were attacked by two monstrous spiders. Thane and I were each quicky webbed by the spiders and a firey toxin began tearing through my system. Ceadda and Romari came to our rescue, however, slaying first the one attacking me and then the one attacking Thane.

As we continued through the cave, we saw a wall of fog. Using dream logic, we entered the fog and slowly floated down into a haunted grove with a tree similar to the one we'd fought before. Three children were bound fast to the tree, its bark having grown around their wrists and feet. Two monstrous tree creatures came after us, attacking Thane and Romari. My wounds from the previous battle left me somewhat useless, but Ceadda was once again able to get the job done and the creatures were slain.

Using our collective will, we freed the children from the tree and then we woke up.

PCs:

NPCs:
Miriam, Questor of Garlen
Several comatose children
Silvano, Questor of Floranuus

etherial

Post by etherial » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:39 am

19 Borrum, 1424 T.H.
The recent scouting mission to SW Barsaive identified Kratas as a potential hive of Horror activity (and treasure) and Thane and Romari have convinced a merchant company that has its own airship to invest in an exploratory excursion they've undertaken.

20 Borrum
The crew spotted a building that appeared to be intact and dropped us off near it. We quickly dispatched some giant spiders that thought we might make a good lunch and began to examine the building. Romari detected heavy warding upon it and we began to wonder if maybe some of its treasure was intact.

20 Borrum (Continued)
Thane took the lead through the house, going wherever Varis directed him. He found arrow traps, pit traps, a knife trap, and even some fire traps (we think, Thane set a bunch off accidentally but not that one). Deep in the main hall was a trio of Greater Wormskulls. I tried to Defiantly Shout at them to cow them against using Terror, but it turns out I picked the weakest of them.

Ceadda engaged with another while the third rendered me unconscious. The two spellcasters kept the Wormskulls busy while Thane revived me and I was able to get the last word in cowering behind a corner.

PCs:
Varis, male Dwarf Elementalist/Wizard

NPCs:
Natasha Skyweaver, female Elf Troubador, Captain of the Widow’s Gasp