AAR: A Horse with no Name

*ARCHIVED* Sub-forum for the original West Marches Discord campaign

Moderator:etherial

Reyntrannin
AAR: A Horse with no Name

Post by Reyntrannin » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:24 am

LFG: A Horse with no Name
Time: 2018-08-10 @ 11:59PM GMT (7:59 EDT)
GM: ReynTrannin
Circle: 4
Difficulty: Medium

Player Rewards:
Fliver 3 TIPs, 2,200 Legend, 550 Silver.
Lasairfhíona 3 TIPs, 2,200 Legend, 550 Silver.
Fredi 3 TIPs, 2,200 Legend, 300 Silver, Calvaryman Training circle 4
Quis'Tan: 3 TIPs, 2,200 Legend, 145 Silver, strength training to step 9

GM Reward:
Blaethynn, 3,600 Legend, 600 sp, 2 TIP

Downtime Actions Available:
Quis'tan: IH step 13
Fliver: Research (Rank 3, Step 10, step 13 with 20 SP to the library)

Further Information:
Walter Koogan and his sister, Trell, have opened an exotic mounts business in Merrith.
Gormek Longfist, Ork Calvaryman, has hired on as an animal trainer for the Koogans new venture.
Kell's Marauders have been reported wiped out by an unidentified creature near the Servos Jungle.
Last edited by Reyntrannin on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisDDickey

Re: AAR: A Horse with no Name

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:45 am

From the journal of Fliver - windling illusionist.

We heard that Trell Koogan, a young drover, has had a shipment of mounts stolen and needs a party of Adepts to retrieve them, so Lasairfhíona, Fredi, Quis'Tan and I traveled to Borgan's Rest to offer our help.
When we talked to her, she reported seeing at least two bandits with bows, and an orc, who stole 6 Troajin, 2 Huttawa, and 3 ponies that she and 2 guards were droving from Borgan's Rest to Merith. She also mentioned that their regular Animal Trainer had quit a few weeks ago. We got all the details that we could and set out at once. That night as we were eating supper we were attacked by 4 Stingers which we slew.

The next day we came upon the site of the ambush and tracked the animals to a camp. In addition to the missing mounts, we saw 5 humans, an Orc, and a Dyre. We snuck around around quite close to them, but were spotted at the last. Quls'Tan responded to the leaders challenge and the two yelled demands back and forth. Eventually Quis'Tan charged the Orc leader. There was much general mayhem, but we focused fire upon the leader who quickly surrendered and called upon his men to surrender as well.

The Orc leader begged us to help heal his mount, which Fredi and I did. It took hours as the wound was corrupted. I don't mean infected or poisoned, I mean it had horror corruption in it. It took us hours to drain and clean it properly. After his mount was healed we had a productive talk.He said he was a Cavalryman, Gormek Longfist, and his group were the last survivors of Kell's Marauders. He said the Marauders were ambushed and wiped out by some bugs near the Servos Jungle, and that of the whole company of 17 adepts, he and these support persons were the only survivors. He said the bugs looked like giant Mantises, but were not black, they were green and brown like normal mantises. We announced we were taking them and the mounts to Merith, which they agreed to.

A few days later we were attacked by very ferocious wolves who slew one of the Huttawa, but our combined party (including the bandits), drove the surviving wolves away. Arriving in Merith, Gormek repeated loudly that Trell was a very incompetent animal handler. Quis'Tan suggested that Trell hire Gormek as animal trainer. This was done.
Last edited by ChrisDDickey on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rosinavs

Post by rosinavs » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:59 pm

so here's my report on finding the animals

i went with lazarina qwistan and fliver to borgansrest to meet up with a dwarf who lost her mounts that were part of her brothers business selling mounts. they had lost huttawa and troajin we bought two days worth of feed for them and headed out without staying the night. we stopped to camp for the night and were attacked by stingers they are poisonous on both ends, ew

we spent the night quietly and caught up with the bandits the next day we attacked them and after i hit the main guy pretty hard they gave up it turns out they took the mounts because the dwarf was mistreating the animals two of them were wounded and also the main guys mount too the guys had been part of a mercenary troop that got wiped out by some weird critters

we looked at the wound on the main guys mount it was corrupted and old and we had to let the wound bleed the corruption out it took a long while but we managed to get all of it out and the main guy was really thankful

we headed to merrith where that kaer i helped clear out is and took all the mounts and the guys and we got attacked by wolves they killed one huttawa and injured another mount but we managed to get the dudes and the dwarf working together taking good care of the animals

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:58 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Fliver and Fredi for their contributions.

Journal Rewards: 110 Legend Points and 137 Silver

ender3rd

Post by ender3rd » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:51 am

One Trell Koogan, a merchant of mounts, needed help with a stolen shipment. Talking to her quickly showed that she was not very knowledgeable about her product. Her animal trainer had recently quit and apparently had not educated Trell in the care of animals. The bandits which stole the small herd were reported as being two with bows and an impressive orc.

We set out and that night a few stingers attacked and were quickly dispatched.

The second day we arrived at the ambush site and found the mounts, five humans and an orc on a dyre. We tried to sneak towards them and got moderately close before they engaged us. Their leader issued a challenge and I responded. After a brief exchange of demands it became obvious that he had no intention of settling the matter amicably, so I attacked. The teamwork went well and the leader was quickly forced to surrender. At his command, the rest of the bandits ceased hostilities.

He Identified himself as Gormek Longfist, a Cavalryman and leader of the remnants of a band known as Kell's Marauders. His platoon-sized unit was wiped out by mantis-like bugs nearby in the Servos Jungle. He agreed to be taken to Merrith with his men for further disposition. During the journey, we were attacked by wolves, which killed one huttawa but were driven off easily with help from the bandits.

Upon arrival in Merrith Gormek seemed to care little for his own situation but insisted that Trell could not be allowed to handle the herd. Since his words were manifest truth I suggested the obvious solution: that Gormek see to the care and training of Trell's animals until such time that she could handle them herself.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:53 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Quis'Tan for his contribution.

Journal Rewards: 110 Legend Points and 137 Silver