Jason
AAR: Wilds Foot Expedition 34-C: Return to Sosonopa

Post by Jason » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:05 am

AAR: Wilds Foot Expedition 34-C: Return to Sosonopa
GM: Jason
Circle: 4
Difficulty: M

Rewards/spent:
Ceadda: 2200 LP, 550sp, Burnt Crystal Ringlet (16TI)
Rilya: 2200 LP, 550 Silver Pieces, silver lighting bolt earrings. (16TI)
Varis: 2200LP, 550 silver, Very Impressive Wand. (16TI)
Pethrytholilanista: 2200 LP, 550 Silver, Nondescript Ring (16TI)

Downtime skills available:
Item History: Step 15 (Rank 3)
Research: Step 13 (Rank 2) (requires 20 silver for Library)
Alchemy: 10 (Known: Booster Potion, Kelix’s Poultice, Kelia’s Antidote)
Forge Weapon: 14 (Rank 3)
Item History: 14 (Rank 3)
Craftsman: 18 (For mundane items)
Animal Training: 8 (Rank 1)
Play my game jam games - made by one person in a limited time frame (usually 48 hours)

Dougansf

Re: AAR: Wilds Foot Expedition 34-C: Return to Sosonopa

Post by Dougansf » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:20 pm

From the Travel Journal of Varis

Gordad Treasureborn of the Cubrews Trading Alliance is looking for adventures to go get a family macduffin from Sosonopa. For some reason, this time he wants us to sign a contract that we've taken the job. Given his poor organization skills, I can only imagine what kind of things have been lost.

Rilya, Ceadda, Grom, and Pethrytholilanista

Day 4
Grom notices a group following us. Could be the Fortunes Field group Gordad warned us about.

Day 7
Just before entering Sosonopa's area, we move off the path and watch for the group. They notice us, and follow the path towards the town. I confirm there are 5 of them. Grom calls out to them, but they ignore it and keep moving.

That night, we come across the campsite where Ceadda and Varis fought the Demiwraith before. About an hour before town, we decide to camp. Nista wakes me up, but I notice that I now has a puncture mark where she poked me. I cast my preparation spells as normal, call out to Ceadda, and then attacks Nista with a Wood Spear. She protests, but after a short time refuses to prove herself to our satisfaction. I ask the others to watch her and look outside for the real Nista. I spot heat tracks of someone coming into camp and taking someone away against their will. I go back into the Shelter, give Nista one last chance to prove herself, and then we attack “Nista.” Once she’s down, I find the Doppler needle, and burns it in the campfire. We then start following the tracks that lead them to Sosonopa.

We get to the gates, and they refuse us entry. We spot Nista in the village starting to break free of her captors. Ivon is there, telling the guards to arrest Rilya for attacking him before. We fight our way into the town, while Nista heads towards us. Ivon runs into a hut, and later a bat comes flying out. Rilya assumes he must have cast a spell to change into a Nightflier. Some of the guards run to sound the alarm. We leave before they arrive.

I recall being told about the possibility of another entrance to the catacombs. We head into the swamp to take a look around. Thanks to Rilya flying over the muck, we get lucky and find the other entrance. Fatigued, we decide to rest before heading down.

Day 8
We head down into the catacombs, and start searching. The place is flooded up to the ankles. Nista gives Rilya a ride on her shoulders, leaving Rilya’s mount behind. We trigger a small cave in, and set off a gas pocket. We search some more, and eventually find a crypt with the family crest upon it. We go in and notice that the crypt has been disturbed before. We find the cookbook, a few other books, and some Thread items. We then head back out the way we came in, and head back to Throal.

Gordad is so pleased by all the books that he lets us keep the Thread items, and offers us discounts on his companies wares.

Thread items
Crystal Ringlet Armor - The Crystal on this armor appears slightly burnt
Silver lighting bolt earrings
Nondescript ring
Wand made of black and white wood, perfectly fit together for form an intricate, interlacing design. It is adorned with an impressive collection of gems held on by various metals. The handle is carved with a variety of runes which translate to affirmations of how much more impressive Nakotir is then Fastoon.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:42 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Varis for his contribution.

Journal Rewards: 110 Legend Points and 137 Silver

Jexel

Post by Jexel » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:26 am

Journal of Grom Skycleaver

Companions:
Rilya Windling Weaponsmith & Nethermancer
Ceadda Human Warrior
Varis Dwarf Elementalist
Petroleumholysista Elf Nethermancer

Gordad Treasureborn of the Curbews Trading alliance. Wanted to get the cookbook from the grandmother. Buried in the catacombs of Sosonopa. But there has been reports of the town being infiltrated by Horrors that take on the appearance of their victims. When confronted these horrors have a large stinger that usually comes out of their abdomen.

We noticed a group trailing us to Sosonopa. We go off trail and walk up the backside of a hill. We notice the group see us and then continue onto Sosonopa. I shout to them a warning about the town but they continued on.

We decided to camp outside the town of Sosonopa when Varis suspected that Nista was actually a horror after he was poked very hard to be awoken. Petroleum was abducted in the night and replaced with a Doppler. We took out the Doppler burned its stinger and pushed onto the town to try to rescue PetroleumHolySista.

We confront the town which is up in arms. Ceadda shouts out “We’re here for the Elf! /sigh and a cookbook.” All this for a cookbook. Ivon the doppler sends his guards after us. Petroleumholysista is tied up in the back. Once battle started she breaks free. Ceadda sliced through the first guard quickly. He is very skilled with his spears.

Ivon retreated into a hut and when I charged in nobody was there. Ceadda randomly tosses one of his spears and the guard grabs it out of the air. Maybe Ceadda isn’t so skilled with his spears. Finally the guard tosses it back and it explodes into lightning in Ceadda’s face. We retreat once we steal some crystals that showed us an entrance to the Catacombs.

Crawling through the crypts we get caved in on. Another couple feet and the air around us explodes from our torches hitting a gas. I need to get up into the sky.

We find the crypt with the cookbook, few other books, Crystal Ringlet Armor
The Crystal on this armor appears slightly burnt, silver lighting bolt earrings & Wand made of black and white wood, perfectly fit together for form an intricate, interlacing design. It is adorned with an impressive collection of gems held on by varuous metals. The handle is carved with a variety of runes and a non descript ring.

The town of Sosonopa is still Horror Infested and probably not getting any better. Rilya also lent me one of his broadswords, I must admit for a windling he does make a very nice blade.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:08 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Grom for his contribution.

Journal Rewards: 110 Legend Points and 137 Silver

Arikail

Post by Arikail » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:24 am

Return to Sosonopa, a journal entry by Rilya, Windling Weaponsmith and Nethermancer

While wandering around the Great Bazaar of Throal I found a notice, from one Gordad Treasureborn of the Curbews Trading Alliance, seeking adventurers willing to travel to Sosonopa to claim a recipe book from his grandmother's tomb, located in the catacombs beneath the city. She had been buried in a rather nice tomb. He did make a big deal about Fortune Field's not getting it first. I was joined by Grom (Ork Skyraider), Ceadda (Human Warrior), Varis (Dwarf Elementalist), and Prthrytholilanista (Elven Nethermancer). Grom asked for one of my swords, and I gladly let him borrow the broadsword I had at the forge. With those preparations taken care of, we set out. Along the way, I informed them of the goings on the last time I was in Sosonopa (Ghoulish Rescue), so they would not be surprised by anything that happened to us.

While out, we saw another group that seemed to be trailing us. For the moment, we let them continue without approaching them, but not without some debate. We saw them a couple more times as we continued on the trip, over the days, always on the horizon, and trying to keep out of our sight. When we were close to Sosonopa, we decided to see if they were indeed following us, and moved off the trail. They saw us, but continued heading on to the village. So, we left our lookout point and continued as well, and heard from them no more.

As night drew close, we were not within sight, so we settled down to rest, and finish the journey in the morning. That night, I had the strangest dream, regarding a visit from some of my nieces. I don't remember the details, but it seemed especially realistic, enough so, that when I was woken up by Varis, with no explanation, I could still hear their voices, whispering in my ear, and proving quite distracting. I missed some of it, but the next thing I know, Varis was attacking Pethrytholilanista, saying she was a Doppler. And she began attacking back. When the creature was dead, Varis showed us some tracks where it looked like someone was dragged from camp towards Sosonopa, and we proceeded with all due haste. The voices were louder than ever, but I followed as best I could.

Upon arriving at the gate, Ivon was there, and immediately commanded the guards to arrest me. My companions, not having any of that, came to my defense, and battle ensued. During the conflict, Ivon escaped into a nearby hut, soon followed by a bat leaving and flying off into the night. Pity, I would have liked to have ended his threat, but seems we shall have to find him once again. We did find Pethrytholilanista, as she fought free of her captivity and rejoined us. We caused a few to flee, seeking aid from further guards, who all appeared to be normal. Retreating with our companion, we made our way into the swamp to find an entrance to the catacombs that Ceadda knew about.

Making out way down below the surface, we explored first a small waterway, that soon had a breach into the walls leading into the catacombs themselves. Continuing deeper, we came across some natural hazards, but the catacombs themselves seemed devoid of life. Varis knew the crest we were looking for, and with some poking, we found a door that matched the symbol. Opening it up, we discovered a few items of interest, the books that Gordad was seeking among them. As well, a few items laid to rest with her. We gathered them all up and brought them back to him. He was pleased with the books that we claimed, and allowed us to keep the other items to distribute amongst ourselves. I myself took a beautiful set of earrings carved into the shape of lightning bolts.