Rilya: 3000 LP, 825 Silver, elf mark
Varis: 3000 LP, 825 Silver, elf mark
Ceadda: 3000 LP, 825 Silver, elf mark

Downtime skills available:
Forge Weapon: 14 (Rank 3)
Item History: 14 (Rank 3)
Craftsman: 18 (For mundane items)
Animal Training: 8 (Rank 1)
Alchemy 7 (Booster Potion, Kelia’s Antidote)
Map Making 8
Research 10 (+4 with Speed Reading spell, +3 from Throal library 20sp, +4 Karma)
Play my game jam games - made by one person in a limited time frame (usually 48 hours)

nathaniel

Re: AAR: Random Wanderings of a Dwarf Named Varis

Post by nathaniel » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:50 pm

From the journal of Romari Savre
Random wanderings of a dwarf named Varis

I met Varis the Dwarven Elementalist for his request for assistance wandering the countryside. I expected this Journeyman to tell me no, but 90% of life is showing up. So against the odds I was accepted into this motley crew, I expect for my linguistic skills. Allong with Varis, Ceadda a human Warrior, and Rilya the windling Weaponsmith/Nethermancer.

We began our journey at the center stone at the farm just south of Thoral, seeing as how everything was as it was before We headed towards the north west to search for the elven elementalist runic circle. Five days later we arrived. After translating the inscription and noting down the relevant recipes, Varis cast the spell to mark us with this circles mark.

Like all of the other circles I had visited before, creatures were called to the circle with ill intent. Lighting lizards attacked us, starting with Rylia. After knocking her unconscious the lightning lizard attempted to drag her off into the woods, myself and Varis chased it down and killed it. When all but one lizard had fled or died, the last one knocked Ceadda unconscious and attempted to drag him away. We chased Cedda and the lizard down, Varis and Rylia were able to scare it off.

After recovering from the battle we headed east. After 5 days we arrived at the point where we expected the circle to be and lo and behold we found the human wizard circle. After taking an hour to attune I began to tie threads to this rather tricky spell. As I am tieing threads we hear a howling and a storm builds up. Before I can finish four storm wolves attack. Before I can react one of the wolves is upon me and swiftly renders me unconscious. When I am brought back to awareness I find that two are dead and the rest run off.

Deciding that we cannot get the spell off today and not wanting to be here when the wolves return we head back to Throal.
Last edited by nathaniel on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:37 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Romari for his contribution.

Journal Rewards: 150 Legend Points and 206 Silver

Arikail

Post by Arikail » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:35 pm

On my Random Wanderings With a Dwarf Named Varis, a journal entry by Rilya, Windling Weaponsmith

A Dwarf whom I had heard about, one Varis (an Elementalist), decided he wanted to go out and explore in the area. I heard mention he wanted to visit a couple of the Runic Circles we have been investigating, and decided I would go with. Accompanying us were also Romari (Elf Wizard) and Ceadda (a Human Warrior), one of the other higher circle Adepts I had heard about.

Our first stop, with three spellcasters, was the Baurschwine Farm outside of Throal, to examine the stone once more. This is the first time I've been there, and a good chance to try my newly learned Nethermancy Talents out in the wild, so to speak. Examining the stone told us nothing new. We learned where the circles were directionally, and what type of magic they were associated with, but beyond that, it does nothing for us right now. So, we set off to the west, towards the projected resting place of the Elf Circle, aligned with Elementalism.

The trip was uneventful, as was the initial bit of taking care of the circle. This one, like previous circles, had a series of recipes, made reference to harmony of the races, and had a spell to attune to. As Varis finished that task, we were assaulted by lightning lizards. Vicious beasties, and that battle was very hard fought indeed, with nearly every single member of us being put down at one point or another. One lizard led us on a merry chase through the jungle, trying to reclaim Ceadda, who was constantly in and out of consciousness. The lizard escaped, but Ceadda was kept, alive, though I won't say unharmed. These circles seems to be getting more vicious as time goes on.

Afterwards, we proceeded to the northwest, to locate the Human circle, associated with Wizardry. This one was much more difficult. We found the circle without any problem, and I was able to translate it. But Romari had extreme difficulty with mastering and casting the spell from the circle. Before he actually finished, we were set upon by Storm Wolves. I have to wonder if the circle just aggravates anything in the area, or if they sensed something we do not, and actively attacked us without the circle's interference. We chased two of them off, but two lay dead at our feet. Varis and I gave them a proper send off to the elemental planes. Afterwards, deciding that discretion was the better part of valor, we returned to Throal. I now bear the Elf mark, but will have to return to claim the Human mark some other day.

Included with this journal entry are 20 recipes claimed from the 2 circles:

Marinated Asparagus Turkey
Pressure-Fried Lime Rabbit
Roasted White Wine Prawns
Gentle-Fried Pepper & Garlic Mussels
Pickled Peppermint Nut Mix
Infused Walnuts & Tart
Vanilla and Peach Tarte Tatin
Cinnamon and Avocado Toast
Coconut Pastry
Coconut Pancakes

Gentle-Fried Western-Style Beef
Broasted Red Whine Beef
Poached Vegetables & Mussels
Cured Peach & Vinegar Crocodile
Pressure-Cooked Vanilla & Mint Scrambled Egg
Poached Lemongrass Calzone
Pecan and Guava Custard
Blueberry and Licorice Bonbons
Passion Fruit Wafer
Banana Tarte Tatin

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:50 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Rilya for her contribution.

Dougansf

Post by Dougansf » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:47 pm

From the Travel Journal of Varis

I decide to follow my instincts about the Runic Circles, and recruit a team to help me follow through. We’re going to head for the other Elemental one, that we suspect will have Elven writing, then turn North, and look for the other Wizardry one, which should be Human writing.

Ceadda is always ready to help. Rilya has been leading this research thread since it’s first discovery. Romari can read Elven, and covers the Wizardry.

We head down to the Center Stone and confirm that nothing has changed.

It takes us about 5 days to get to 38.09 to search for the zone. We quickly find another glad with standing stones next to a brook. We find more writing in Elven. I start attuning to the spell, and about 40 minutes later I start casting. We gain a leafy mark in the corner of our previous mark.

Once our marks are placed, 4 Lightning Lizards come out of the woods at us. Unfortunately, my Chain Casting spells have all worn off at this point. Rilya takes a pounding by the lightning attacks on their way in. Ceadda narrowly avoids being singed by their charged armor. Rilya is knocked out, and the lizard runs away with her. Varis and Romari chase it down, killing it. Another one runs away. The last one lightnings Ceadda unconscious and then starts dragging him away. Ceadda wakes up a few times, only to be subdued again. Finally his Death Cheat charm goes off and he breaks free to run away. Eventually, the Lizard takes enough damage to convince it to run away without Ceadda.

About 5 days later, we have healed up and are approaching the second circle (Human Wizard). Rilya studies and learns the Human language in a few minutes. Romari takes an hour to attune the spell, and starts to cast it upon us. We hear a howling and a storm builds up. Before Romari has finished the spell, 4 Storm Wolves arrive from various corners of the woods. Romari is taken out by the initial charge. Varis unleashes lightning on three of them, wounding them. Ceadda kills one that was knocked down by Varis, then moves up to spear another one. Two wolves surround Varis, until he’s knocked down, and unconscious. Ceadda scares off one wolf, and starts attacking the two on Varis, killing one. Rilya peppers them with Spirit Darts. Eventually, the last wolf runs off. Varis and Romari are brought back consciousness.

We decide that we cannot get the spell off today, and don’t want to be here when the wolves come back.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:00 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Varis for his contribution.