Date: 2017-12-22
Difficulty and circle rating: Circle 2 Medium

Player Rewards:
Celemir: 800 Legend, 230 Silver
Grom: 800 Legend, 230 Silver
Pethrytholilanista: 800 Legend, 185 Silver, Rank 3 Alchemy training
Thane: 800 Legend, 230 Silver

Downtime Actions Available:
Celemir: Craft Weapon Step 10 (Rank 4) (Anything Damage 5 or below)
Pethrytholilanista: Alchemy Step 6

Further Information:
Stajians have now been domesticated in Throal.

Jexel

Re: AAR: Stajian Grounds

Post by Jexel » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Journal of Grom Skycleaver

Companions:
Petroleumholysista: Nethermancer
Thane Cawdor: Troll Skyraider
Celemir: Woodsman

Eckhert Ivyclimber, Animal Handler has interest in us acquiring some Stajian which are large bison like creatures. They look to be in the plains west of Sosonopa. Was great to have another Skyraider in the group and the two Elves have shown themselves useful in the past.

Went to the octagonal monolithic rock in a farm near Throal. We had our nethermancer go to the stone to see which circles if any are nethermancer oriented. Petroluem looked at the rocks and felt strongly at what areas of the rocks and circles have nethermantic energy.

We headed north for a week and headed west south of Sosonopa towards the plains. In the night we were attacked by a large swarm of blood bees. Blood bees are a lot like Windlings in size and shape but less annoying. Two of the bees attacked and stung me and attempted to drain my blood from me. The bee shortly after felt the pain of my axe and the wrath of Petroleum’s spells so I did not learn if I avoided some sort of poison or not.

We came upon a group of Stajian and once again Petroleumholysista is able to bond with animals. She is able to lead one off while Thane and I shout them from the back..

After some time later on our watch a group of wolves attacked the herd. We went to the rescue and drove off the wolves. Slicing through wolves with my axe is fun. Nista was able to bind the wounds of the Stajian.

After another day four bandits came in looking to steal from us or take our herd. We showed the bandits that we properly deserved to keep the herd. Our group was very capable on the field of combat and my respect has grown for the others.

At the end we kept them at a pasture just outside the gates of Throal and collected our reward. I wish I was done with large cow like beasts for awhile but I have an idea where these immensely strong animals can come in use.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:15 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Grom for his contribution.

Journal Rewards: 40 Legend Points and 57 Silver

Dougansf

Post by Dougansf » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Celemir's Chronicles

Eckhert Ivyclimber, an expert animal handler of Throal, has heard of roaming ungulates in the Wester Plains, North of the Sevros. He wants a team to go and gather them, so he can try to domesticate them.

Grom Skycleaver was the first to take the job, and plans to navigate us around the jungle. My Kaer-mate, Pethrytholilanista, joins us. We discuss the potential of future dealings with the Blood Wood for a time. Thane Cawdor, a Troll Sky Raider joins us as well.

A more unlikely band of animal handlers you shall not find.

It took us 5 days to get us around the Servos. As we were camping near the jungle, on Thane's watch, he hears some buzzing coming closer. Thane tries to wake us up with shouting, but Grom is still asleep when the large Blood Bees get within striking distance. Pethrytholilanista gathers astral energy and spears the bees with it to great effect. Grom is attacked, and one of them attaches to him, sucking out his blood. Thane quickly gathers three bees upon himself. I start shooting bees before they can reach us, then move around to shoot the bees on Thane in the back. Since I took no serious injuries, I start my turn on watch and let the others sleep the rest of the night.

We head out the next morning and start looking for signs of these creatures. I find some large prints of a small herd of something that fits the description. We track it down and find about 10 head of Stajian, and about 8 young as well. After a few experiments, we eventually work out a system of shooing them generally Eastward. Pethrytholilanista makes a good impression upon one, while the rest of us get threats or attacks for our trouble.

After an exhausting day, we make camp downwind from the herd, and set watch.

The watch failed.

I bolted upright to see everyone asleep around our camp, and to the sound of wolves baying not far away. I quickly roused the group, and started checking on the herd. Sure enough, a small pack of wolves had isolated and drawn off one of the adults. With a small amount of reluctance, I started shooting the wolves. I'd prefer they keep working against Horrors, and they need to eat as much as anything else, but we have to protect what is ours. Thane and Grom quickly moved to peel the wolves off of the Stajian, while Pethrytholilanista and I attacked from range. Once they were wounded enough, the meal turned out to be not rewarding enough, and some of them survived to run off. I finish off the watch for the night.

Half way through the next day, we come across 4 Namegivers in fake uniforms. They ask if we have permits for our herd. Grom shows them that his permit is his axe. There's a call from the two Sky Raiders about proving they own the herd through combat. We make short work of them.

The travel takes a long time, but eventually we get the Stajian to Throal. Ivyclimber works his magic, and a short time later, I'm hearing word that they are now domesticated and being put to work.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:33 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Celemir for his contribution.

rosinavs

Post by rosinavs » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:10 am

From the Journal of Pethrytholilanista

I took another position of employment, in this circumstance to travel to a grassy plain whereupon dwell large wild cow-like beasts called Stajian. I and my companions were to capture and bring back such beasts as we could find, the said companions being young Grom Skycleaver with whom I herded smaller domesticated bovines on an earlier trip, and two new fellow travelers: Celemir, a woodsman from my own home of Kaer Avon, and Thane Cawdor, a Troll Sky Raider.

The commencment of the journey was peaceful. We stopped at one of the runic circles that I had hoped to examine on a prior occasion. I was able to determine that two of the eight circles are Nethermantic in origin. We avoided the difficulties of the jungle, until we were attacked one evening by Blood Bees. Young Grom attacked head-on, as usual, and was nearly drained dry for his efforts, but we dispatched the hematophagic arthropods.

Not long after emerging onto the plains we found a herd of Stajian. I was able to commune with one beast that was likely the dominant member of the grouping. It was quite delighted to take local grasses from my hand and follow me back toward Throal, the rest of its herd perambulating in our wake. My companions provided the stick to my carrot, as it were, and we were able to herd the cattle along.

After some time on the road, some wolves attempted to deprive us of the herd we had so diligently gathered. We were able to fight them off with minimal damage to ourselves or the Stajian. My physician skill came in useful for calming and tending an injured beast. It seems I have some skill tending to our non-Namegiving cousins. Perhaps I should consider learning from a Beastmaster at some point.

As per usual, we met with some bandits on the road, and eliminated the marauders. This theme is becoming quite a tired trope. I would like for Throal to send forth a party to wipe out the base we found on my last bovine adventure. The fact that this has not yet been done before now is concerning.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:54 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Pethrytholilanista for her contribution.