Post by BrandenV » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:52 am

Mission: Find and scout out the Raggok cultists kaer
Gm: Branden
Date: 11/16/17
Difficulty and circle rating: Circle 3 medium
Player Rewards:
Irwin E. Hopperton: 1400LP 400silver
Bortruk: 1400 Legend, 400 silver, used: antidote, death cheat charm
Felsic: 1400 L.P, 400 SP, -1 Booster potion, -1 use ink, -1 paper, +1 map to Raggok Kaer
Jexel: 1400 LP, 400 Silver
Further Information: Group ran into a slightly different cultist than previously seen.

Jason

Re: AAR: Scouting the madness

Post by Jason » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:56 am

Irwin E. Hopperton, Human elementalist of the 3rd circle
Scouting the Madness

Party
Jexel, Thief, 3rd circle
Felsic, scout, 3rd circle
Bortruk, Air sailor, 3rd circle
Myself

we got together and desided to scout out the cultist Kaer and get some intel.
The first 5 days went without incident.
To borgan's rest - 3 days
Toward Kaer - 2 days

We then found a group of 6 cultists hiding by a house in the middle of no where. Jexel scouted ahead and got surrounded by cultists and led them back to us screaming and scared. I opened with a lighting bolt spell and managed to spread its effect across all 6 of them... to less then expected impact with using the desperate spell charm. I am not sure that it did much more then tickle all of them. Bortruk opened up by taking an arrow to the sensitive bits and fell unconscious. We did eventually take down all the cultists, but we took heavy amounts of injury and wounds... Except Jexel...

we rested for the night to heal what we could then pushed forward still wounded... and ran into a cultist and his menagerie of undead beasties. I again opened with a lightning bolt and was able to hit all 4 of them to significant effect. The eagle turned to dust, the rest all fell down and were badly injured. Bortruk again opened up in a less then ideal way... he got himself trapped in a poisoned net and ran wrapped up in the net around some paths on the cliff faces back toward us. My cohorts finished off the undead wolf and bear before they could do much more of anything. We captured the cultist, who betrayed nothing of the Kaer.

The lighting 'storm' apparently got me the nickname of Lightning Lord. We will see if it sticks.

We went forth and scouted the entrance of the kaer. We saw more cultists with the poisoned nets. Some with paired daggers, of which we hand not seen any fighting like that before.

actual kaer is at 39.13 - apparently the cultist that we interrogated before gave us the wrong instructions to were the Kaer was.
Attached - a copy of the map to the kaer that Felsic gave Irwin (Irwin has the original)
Play my game jam games - made by one person in a limited time frame (usually 48 hours)

Jexel

Post by Jexel » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Journal of Jexel’thalas

After another group had some a cultist give up the location of their kaer I decided it was a good idea to go have a look.  So I went and grabbed some trusty companions that I have gone into the wild with before.

Felsic: Expertise at scouting and navigating. I knew they would come in handy.  
Irwin: Valuable defenses, aids recovery and this time came with a big surprise.
Bortruk: Always eager to get the bad guys focused on him. I am wondering if he prefers to be face down in the mud.

So before the mission I recommended that everyone prepare for poison as it is the cultists preferred method. I picked up a horn needle and I saw some others at the bazaar before we left as well.

We travelled uneventfully down to Borgan’s Rest before heading West and slightly North.  Just over a day’s travel west we ran into a farm house.  We were highly suspicious with all the cultist activity in the area. I decided to sneak up and take a look.  

Unfortunately they were waiting for me and were amazingly perceptive. I was quickly surrounded by four cultist with two more approaching. Knowing my companions were still some ways behind me I raced back to them taking only a minor scratch. I inform them that there are five, no six cultists and we turn to engage.

I move in for the attack and find myself surrounded again. A cultist with a bow hits Bortruk dead square in the chest and drops him into the mud. Felsic comes in to assist me, keeping me from being overwhelmed.  The fight continues on and it appears that the poisons begin to impact Felsic.  Multiple times I hear Felsic grimace from pain of the wound but without the scar. Irwin tests out a new spell and lightning erupts all around striking each of the cultists.

The cultists swings are slow and lack precision and they start to become annoyed at their inability to hit me. Irwin wakes Bortruk and he enters the fight, this was a mistake as the cultists are attracted to pain and refocus on Bortruk knocking him out again. Dispensing the magic of his death cheat charm. They focus on Felsic and bring him down as well.  At this time we were outnumbered 4 to 2 and things were not looking good. Fortunately they didn’t get any hits on me and with Irwin’s aid I take them down one by one. I never did find the nature of the magic that allowed them to see me.

We rest up for a couple days to mend the wounds and damage of Felsic and Bortruk. We get the feeling that Bortruk would like to call it and head back as he was still suffering from wounds.  Felsic and I were determined to find the location of the Kaer and we press on.

As we arrive at the where we thought the kaer was going to be, nothing.  We head west into the hills on the edge of the Servos jungle and things get interesting again. Bortruk took a slightly different path and discovered an ambush. A cultist with a poisoned net and his undead pets. The undead eagle swooped down on Irwin. An undead bear and giant undead wolf attacked Felsic. I turned to the eagle and take off one of it’s wings.  Felsic is engaged with the others and I move in slice into the wolf. This hit should of dropped him but these beasts seemed indifferent to pain.  Also sometime during this the cultist wrapped Bortruk into a poisonous net.

Then the Thunderlord arrived. Irwin unleashes a torrent of lightning to all four of them. Killed the eagle and bear, knocked down the others. We cleaned up after that. I can still feel the concussive force in my chest.

At the crest of the hill we could see the Kaer entrance. It is guarded by a cultist with a net similar to the undead beastmaster and another with two daggers and most likely a fighting style we have not yet seen. Felsic has created a map to the kaer.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:07 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Irwin and Jexel for thier contributions.

Journal Reward: 70 Legend Points and 140 Silver.