Ceadda: 800 Legend Points, 200 Silver
Varis: 800 LP, 200 silver
August Rey: 800 LP, 200 silver

Rolls that were witnessed:
Rolls Observed Gronk - Forge Weapon (6) - Bow

Further Information:
Village of Sosonapa - found @ 38.06 - swamp town on islands
group of 'sane' cadavermen outside of town ~ 1-2 hours
Village is unhappy with party, especially gronk as party tried to steal from them (Village point of view)
Play my game jam games - made by one person in a limited time frame (usually 48 hours)

Dougansf

Re: AAR: Wilds Foot Expedition 34-A

Post by Dougansf » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Travel Journal of Varis

Gordad Treasureborn has started up the Cubrews Trading Alliance. He wants us to recover a journal of his great, great, grandmother, Yorhuda. Last reported location was at Kaer Sosonapa, near the Serpent River North of Throal. We get some details to help identify her, including a family crest.

Gronk seems to have been this way before. We head straight there over 5 days with no incident.

The night before we arrive, our vigilance on watch pays off, despite days of nothing. I hear something coming towards us, and wake the party out of the Shelters. Shortly, a corpse walks out of the forest at us. While I'm preparing spells on the sleeping group, I realize it's a Demiwraith, not a horror construct. The rest of the group make short work of it before I can even get an attack spell off.

Day 6

Note for later: Ceadda needs a bit more practice on Fire Heal.

We come across a group of people around a firepit. They recoil from us at first, worried we're going to hurt them. Which is reasonable, since they look like Cadavermen. We have a long distance conversation, and even go through a Greeting Ritual with them. They tell us they're trapped and controlled by some crystal amulets held in the village. They claim they want to run away and be left alone. I suspect Illusion or Nethermantic control going on, but if I'm right, I couldn't see through the illusion at the time. They say that if we destroy the amulets, and set them free, they'll show us a way into the crypt we're looking for. We let them live, and head to the village to investigate further.

The village guards earn their pay. We're challenged, asked for Greeting Rituals, and highly suspicious. Gronk and I don't perform to their standards, and so we hang back from the gate while Ceadda and August chat them up. They claim to be having undead issues lately, and they'll let us into the crypt in return for taking care of it for them. Gronk does a stealthy circle of the village, and spots the crystal amulets not far away from the gate, but still surrounded by guards.

Long story short, we were unwilling to kill Namegivers on the word of Cadavermen, and we were unwilling to kill Cadavermen that may have been something else. We couldn't get our hands on the amulets to inspect them better, and find out which side we should really be on. We tried finding another entrance into the crypt, but they had that well guarded.

This village is highly suspicious, but there's a rival trading company that is dealing with them in good faith. We probably shouldn't show our faces there for a while, let better polished tongues take care of it.

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:27 am

The Great Library of Throal thanks Varis for his contribution.

Journal Rewards: 40 Legend Points and 80 Silver

etherial

Post by etherial » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:16 pm

From the Court-mandated parole log of Gronk Longtusk:

1 Veltom
Some Dwarf hired us to retrieve something from his Great-Great-Grandmother's Tomb. Guy's Named Gordad Treasureborn, and he's the head of the Cubrews Trading Alliance (Newly Formed). Guy seemed completely overwhelmed, I'm not even sure he's aware he posted the job.

5 Veltom
A moaning noise woke us in the middle of the night and we geared up for battle. A Demiwraith wandered into camp and attacked Ceadda. We made short work of it, but it remains a bad omen. Even the undead aren't that stupid.

6 Veltom
We stumbled across an encampment of Cadaver Men. They tell us they had been Raised and Enslaved by Ivon and Tabythe, the leaders of the local village on the doorstep of the Kaer they grew up in. We agree to look into it.

Unfortunately, the guards of the town didn't take a liking to me and wouldn't let us in. I attempted to sneak in to grab one of the magic amulets that they were using to control the Cadaver Men, but I got spotted and nearly killed trying to get back to safety.

7 Veltom
I argued that we should go talk to the Cadaver Men and confront the town with the facts, but August reminded me that we've been hired to bring something back to Throal and wants to see if we can sneak into the Kear to get it.

10 Veltom
After several days of running around in the muck, we determine that there's no way into the Kaer. We tried to bribe another group of merchants to get it for us, but to no avail. We return to Throal unable to complete the job. Good thing Gordad's not organized enough to get revenge on us.

Other PCs:
August Rey, male Dwarf Cavalryman
Ceadda, male Human Warrior
Varis, male Dwarf Elementalist

NPCs:
Gordad Treasureborn, male Dwarf Merchant, head of the Cubrews Trading Alliance (Newly Formed)

BattleChad

Post by BattleChad » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:25 pm

The Great Library of Throal thanks Gronk for his contribution.

Journal Rewards: 40 Legend Points and 80 Silver