Rewarding players

Discussion of GMing 1879. Warning: Here there be spoilers!
Slimcreeper

Rewarding players

Post by Slimcreeper » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:46 pm

I have a question about balancing rewards for adventures. Let's say one player is a Dodger, at low income and SL 1, another is a Cowboy, Social Level 2 and Low income, and a Brassman SL 3 and moderate income. Do you just offer enough money to tempt the Brassman and know that the Dodger is going to get a tremendous bump?

Andrew1879

Re: Rewarding players

Post by Andrew1879 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:02 am

Considering that the Dodger is going to immediately buy better equipment, and end up broke again, while the Brassman may be able to put a bit of it away for later, I'd not worry about it. There's also the problem of being low income and getting a bump - everybody who finds out about it comes calling. The idea is to keep the player characters just short of broke, regardless of social class and economic circumstances, so that they're constantly looking for the next score, and thus adventuring.

mac033

Re: Rewarding players

Post by mac033 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:25 am

Andrew1879 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:02 am
Considering that the Dodger is going to immediately buy better equipment, and end up broke again, while the Brassman may be able to put a bit of it away for later, I'd not worry about it. There's also the problem of being low income and getting a bump - everybody who finds out about it comes calling. The idea is to keep the player characters just short of broke, regardless of social class and economic circumstances, so that they're constantly looking for the next score, and thus adventuring.
Hello !
I’m a new member here and I think that this site is a very good one because there are many different subjects and various tips!
Thanks!