Non-specific mysterious effect

Discussion of GMing 1879. Warning: Here there be spoilers!
Slimcreeper
Non-specific mysterious effect

Post by Slimcreeper » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:50 pm

I want a non-magical effect that makes water stick to and flow along a stone surface in a ruin in the Gruv. I'm thinking a nanotech surface treatment and magnetized water with a rare earth magnet. Maybe dependent mineral deposits in the water. Suggestions? I want it to be something that terrestrial engineers are not going to be able to replicate, but I want a standard scientist investigating it.

Text from adventure:
In the bottom of the step well there is an arch, with one leg in the water and one out. Due to some unknown property of the stone, water flows up the surface of the stone arch and pours off from a spout in the center of the arch. It is an elegant fountain, and has been operating long enough for the water falling from the spout to have worn down the stone below it. But the company investigating is most interesting in understanding how this pump seems to be working without any energy source.

Reasty

Re: Non-specific mysterious effect

Post by Reasty » Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:57 am

Hello everyonefree games, I would like to ask if anyone has the answer yet?

invidiouspolenta

Post by invidiouspolenta » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:58 am

@drive mad, I am also interested in the answer to this problem. Secret!

salmawisoky

Post by salmawisoky » Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:12 pm

Any suggestions would be appreciated? Drift Boss

Grendoca

Post by Grendoca » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:32 am

oh, the way you answered makes me think you are smart and knowledgeable. I would love to read more about related content like this. pizza tower

emmausa

Post by emmausa » Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:45 am

I appreciate the very interesting information you shared. I hope that many people will like your post. slither io

linda68

Post by linda68 » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:47 am

I was blown away by your article! You tackled a complex slope topic and made it accessible to readers of all backgrounds. Kudos to you!