Custom Skill Knack: Stout Constitution

Information and discussion for players of the game. No spoilers here please!
supermooboo
Custom Skill Knack: Stout Constitution

Post by supermooboo » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:15 pm

Stout Immune System
Skill: Stout Constitution
Strain: 2 permanent (see text)

The character must spend 2 permanent points of damage to gain this ability. In return the character gains a relative immunity to poisons they have experienced in the past. Once per downtime a player may declare that their character is attempting to build an immunity to a particular poison. Make a Stout Immune System test against the target number of the poison. Success grants the player a permanent antivenom/toxin appropriate to the poison/toxin in question. This typically grants an antitoxin/venom specific to the actual creature (+3 to resistance tests where applicable). Three or more successes grants an antitoxin/venom specific to the general type of creature (+1 to resistance tests where applicable). See the Player’s Guide pg. 296 for more guidance. The character must have sufficient access to the poison/toxin in order to build up the immunity. At the Gamemaster's discretion poison/toxins in which the character has reduced to zero effect step with Stout Constitution may also trigger a Stout Immune System check.

I built this ability using the Tier Abilities for Warden / Master Tier characters from the Player's Companion as a reference. The Skill Knack uses tier ability terminology for taking permanent damage like the Investigators Warden tier capstone In Dolor Veritas (Player's Companion pg. 22) or the Tribal Warriors Master tier Fearsome Reputation (pg. 35) both of which cost 2 permanent strain. Thus it seems this ability should be Warden tier at the minimum (rank 9). Looking over the Skill Knacks there doesn’t seem to be any Skill Knacks that require a rank above 10 (although I could be wrong). That said, I think giving the knack at rank 9 when a character would hit Warden makes sense in reference to the other abilities present in 1879. And honestly the tier abilities are basically skill knacks that grant bonuses in certain situations anyway. As for the mechanics of the Knack itself I figured using the rules already there for antitoxin/venom makes sense. Another consideration for balance might be considering requiring karma or the more deadly requiring 2 permanent damage per poison (gasp!).

ChrisDDickey

Re: Custom Skill Knack: Stout Constitution

Post by ChrisDDickey » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:49 pm

An alternate approach would be a cheaper knack (maybe rank 5?) that can be purchased multiple times, each time for a different poison.
Mithridatism

Slimcreeper

Post by Slimcreeper » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:14 am

I'm fine with the knack as written.

mesjim

Post by mesjim » Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:01 pm

ChrisDDickey wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:49 pm
An alternate approach would be a cheaper knack (maybe rank 5?) that can be purchased multiple times, each time for a different poison. Mithridatism
I absolutely agree in this case.

AlbertoWood

Post by AlbertoWood » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:24 pm

Both options could be viable for balancing the ability
Fredina Night Club Game APK with sexy images of monsters is currently available on the https://getmodnow.com/fredina-night-club-game.html website with safety and free, so users can use it with peace of mind.

playoffspositive

Post by playoffspositive » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:56 am

It may be bought repeatedly by the same buyergeometry dash lite. Absolutely, I concur

basiccrazy

Post by basiccrazy » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:19 am

In light of the other talents available in 1879, I believe it makes reasonable todordle provide the knack at level 9, when a character would reach Warden.

tapeurban

Post by tapeurban » Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:43 pm

Another option is to buy a cheaper knack hat more than once and use it with different poisonsMario Games

kiricowell

Post by kiricowell » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:12 am

I really want to learn new things. I can read on age of war

Maria465

Post by Maria465 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:52 am

The "Stout Constitution" custom skill knack seems like a game-changer, enhancing resilience and fortitude. Its potential to withstand challenges and endure adversity adds depth to character development. Whether in a fantasy realm or real-life scenarios, this skill opens up intriguing possibilities, making characters more robust and engaging in their journeys.