Looking for a supplement

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Marzhin
Looking for a supplement

Post by Marzhin » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:20 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm trying to get my hands on a printed copy of the Adventure Compendium for ED Classic. As far as I know it was only available as print-on-demand on Lulu back in the RedBrick days, so it's not easy to find one in regular shops.
I have the PDF from DTRG, but I prefer to have the actual book when it comes to adventures. I thought about printing it myself but it would 1/ be very expensive and 2/ not look that great, as the PDF is very compressed (35.61 MB for 368 pages...)
So if you happen to own a copy of the book (softcover or hardcover) and are willing to sell it, or know someone who does, don't hesitate to send me a PM :)
Thanks ^^

On a related note, has FASA considered offering the old Earthdawn books (or at least the ED Classic and ED3 books) as print-on-demand on DriveThruRPG? I see that old D&D books are now available that way.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Bogie

Re: Looking for a supplement

Post by Bogie » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:54 am

I'll bring it up with the boss man. I tried getting print on demand to work a while ago and never got it to be consistent. We could probably try it again at some point.
Todd Bogenrief
Noble Armada Line Developer, U18 Rules Guru

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:03 am

Bogie wrote:I'll bring it up with the boss man. I tried getting print on demand to work a while ago and never got it to be consistent. We could probably try it again at some point.
Vagrant Workshop did it with DTRPG for Equinox and Age of Legend, and the printed books are gorgeous. Maybe they can share some advice :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:36 am

Bogie wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:54 am
I'll bring it up with the boss man. I tried getting print on demand to work a while ago and never got it to be consistent. We could probably try it again at some point.
So, any hope of getting some of the old supplements as print-on-demand anytime soon? :)
(Groucho Marx)

Bogie

Post by Bogie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:08 am

I'll be giving it a check soon. I've been asked to start messing around with print on demand again so if I get any success we'll have more information to go on if it will be feasible for us.
Todd Bogenrief
Noble Armada Line Developer, U18 Rules Guru

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:27 am

Bogie wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:08 am
I'll be giving it a check soon. I've been asked to start messing around with print on demand again so if I get any success we'll have more information to go on if it will be feasible for us.
Nice. Thank you :)
(Groucho Marx)

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Sun May 27, 2018 6:11 pm

Topic necromancy :)
I was wondering if by any chance there were news regarding the possibility of offering some of the old Earthdawn books as print-on-demand on DriveTruRPG?
(Groucho Marx)

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sun May 27, 2018 6:14 pm

I'll bring it up in the next staff meeting.

I personally think it's a great idea, but it's not my decision, and there may be technical hurdles to overcome before it can be made a reality.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Marzhin

Post by Marzhin » Sun May 27, 2018 7:22 pm

Mataxes wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 6:14 pm
I'll bring it up in the next staff meeting.

I personally think it's a great idea, but it's not my decision, and there may be technical hurdles to overcome before it can be made a reality.
I understand. I'm guessing the Earthdawn Classic and Earthdawn 3 books are probably easier to offer as POD, as FASA may still have the original layout files.
(Groucho Marx)