What happened to Aardelea?

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Andrew1879
Re: What happened to Aardelea?

Post by Andrew1879 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:51 pm

In Barsaive at War, Aardelea was in fact brought back from Creana, where Hefera had sent her, by a team of adepts hired by Icewing. Unfortunately, only one of the adepts made it back with her, and the players got to pick up the story from there. Aardelea was stolen by Denairastas at the end of that scenario. Hi, I'm the guy that wrote the adventure.

For what it's worth, in my campaign, which is NOT canonical, Aardelea found new family in Iopos, who accepted her for what she was. Little bit of Stockholm Syndrome perhaps. She married one of the Denairastas clan, and ended up queen of Iopos when everyone ahead of her husband died in a post-war coup. She's now queen in exile, living in Krohlaveitch, after a rival faction of the family pulled a second coup and killed her husband. She has a daughter, who she Named "Vengeance" in Elvish.

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:41 pm

Correction: that adventure is in Barsaive at War by LRG. In Prelude she was abducted by Hefera.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Reshy

Post by Reshy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:19 pm

So how "Canon" would Aardealea's part of Barsaive at War be? It was made fairly early when LRG took over, so I don't know how much deviation there would have been.

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:57 pm

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with Aardelea (if anything). As of right now, don't assume that what LRG did with her in Barsaive at War is canon.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com