Release timeline

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
BRW
Release timeline

Post by BRW » Fri May 12, 2017 2:17 pm

I am slightly hesitant to ask this question, since it is not at least my intention to hurry up anyone or to be offensive in any manner. I really think the developers are doing great job!

Is there already any planned release date for the Companion? Is it rather a matter of, say, a month or half a year?

Marzhin

Re: Release timeline

Post by Marzhin » Fri May 12, 2017 2:35 pm

BRW wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 2:17 pm
I am slightly hesitant to ask this question, since it is not at least my intention to hurry up anyone or to be offensive in any manner. I really think the developers are doing great job!

Is there already any planned release date for the Companion? Is it rather a matter of, say, a month or half a year?
The latest Kickstarter update offers a tentative schedule.

Travar:
Once we get the last couple art pieces (which should be in the next week) and finalize the indices, the PDF will be released and, as with past books, all backers will get a code to redeem through our web shop. The book will go off to the printer, and physical copies should be delivered (and start going out to those who backed for physical books) in June.
Companion:
As for the other stuff. the Companion has a deadline for June 30. All the material for the book should be done by then and it will go to layout. After the initial proof is generated, we'll figure out how much we need to cut to fit desired page count (because there's a lot of creatures/masks/items/knacks/etc that have been created, but probably not room for all of it). The book will come out as soon after that as we can get the art and layout finalized, probably September. (As usual, a pre-art draft will be shared with backers.)
Elven Nations:
Elven Nations has a whole bunch of notes that I need to deliver to the writer for edits. That's on my radar for this weekend. Hopefully the revision process goes well on those, and we can see that book delivered for layout and art in August or September.
Questors:
Questors has the in-character pieces in revisions, and somebody working on powers. We've got a solid structure in place, and just need to hammer out the finer details. We've also got something resembling an actual production process, so fingers crossed, we'll see the rest of the books delivered (or very near to it) by the end of this year.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

BRW

Post by BRW » Fri May 12, 2017 2:41 pm

Thank you for the answer!

As a slight off-topic: is there any chance that the material that will get cut out for the space constrains, will be released as some addendum to Companion? Speaking for myself, I would be happy to pay for some extra material, if the volume considerations were be the only reason that it hadn't get published.

etherial

Post by etherial » Fri May 12, 2017 4:16 pm

BRW wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 2:41 pm
Thank you for the answer!

As a slight off-topic: is there any chance that the material that will get cut out for the space constrains, will be released as some addendum to Companion? Speaking for myself, I would be happy to pay for some extra material, if the volume considerations were be the only reason that it hadn't get published.
Depends on what other books FASA has in the pipeline. Mataxes has talked about a magic book, so some of the creatures, magic items, and masques that get cut may end up there. But since there's no pagecount limit on pdfs, they could easily appear as appendices in the Companion pdf and a free pdf of just the appendices could appear as a free download.

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sat May 13, 2017 1:54 am

Stuff that gets cut from the Companion for space will eventually find a home. The untitled Magic supplement is the most likely first place for knacks and the like (perhaps new versions of racial/minor Disciplines).

A PDF-only supplement is possible, but not something we have discussed.

(Though I have considered doing a PDF of the player sections of the Companion in PDF, because I know there are players that don't want all the creatures and other GM stuff. Whether this happens... I need to talk to the boss man.)
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com