Errata

Discussion on the Earthdawn game line, errata, and feedback not related to playing or GMing.
Jaracove
Errata

Post by Jaracove » Sat May 06, 2017 9:28 am

There used to be a thread for errata? I'm sure there was, but when I do a search, all I get is the following

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: errata.

You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

Frustrating

Has an errata list been compiled for the player's and gm's books?

Marzhin

Re: Errata

Post by Marzhin » Sat May 06, 2017 9:38 am

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=92

The conversation there is actually oddly familiar :p "Good evening. Tonight on 'It's the Mind', we examine the phenomenon of deja vu..."
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Jaracove

Post by Jaracove » Sat May 06, 2017 11:01 am

Marzhin wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 9:38 am
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=92

The conversation there is actually oddly familiar :p "Good evening. Tonight on 'It's the Mind', we examine the phenomenon of deja vu..."
Yup. I said I was sure there was another thread and that I could not find it with the search engine.

Thank you

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sat May 06, 2017 3:42 pm

The "errata" thread is in the old (archived) forums.

http://fasagames.com/archiveforum/viewf ... cc01819ce3

I wish I had time to dig into the archives and compile actual clarifications and rules errata. There wasn't ever a central repository that we could link off the main page. I've started putting together a Google Doc, but it's kind of empty at the moment. It only includes a couple of things that I could recall off the top of my head.

(That document is viewable only -- I obviously don't want anybody to be able to change it.)

It does include some fixes on creatures from the GM Guide that most people wouldn't pick up on.
Josh Harrison - josh@fasagames.com
Earthdawn Developer, Forum Admin

Personal Website: www.loremerchant.com

Jaracove

Post by Jaracove » Sat May 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Thank you

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Sat May 06, 2017 5:27 pm

Incidentally, if in the course of digging through the archives you come across anything that should be in the errata doc, let me know.

Jaracove

Post by Jaracove » Sat May 13, 2017 2:34 pm

GM's Guide

Page 245
"while a party of eight Seventh Circle characters would handle a pair of hell hounds without breakage a sweat"

Breakage should be 'breaking'

Page 246
"the gamemaster should take the capabilities and power of the group"

I think "into consideration." should be inserted after the word 'group'.

etherial

Post by etherial » Sat May 13, 2017 4:59 pm

Jaracove wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 2:34 pm
GM's Guide

Page 245
"while a party of eight Seventh Circle characters would handle a pair of hell hounds without breakage a sweat"

Breakage should be 'breaking'

Page 246
"the gamemaster should take the capabilities and power of the group"

I think "into consideration." should be inserted after the word 'group'.
Added to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Jaracove

Post by Jaracove » Wed May 31, 2017 2:13 pm

Yesterday I was in my FLGS and had ED4 Players' Guide in my hands. It was £27 or somewhere around that figure. I almost bought it, but in the end I put it back on the shelf. Reason being, the errata. All games have it, I know, but far as I know, the hardcopy hasn't been updated with it, the pdf hasn't, and unless things have changed recently, there isn't even a compiled errata document.

I know guys are working hard on stuff, but can we please see some work on the errata? It really shouldn't take all that long to compile current errata into a pdf. It definitely hurt sales for FASA yesterday. Just saying. The game is awesome and it's a shame this is going on. In my experience, errata is one of the very first things a company works on once a game has been released.

Mataxes

Post by Mataxes » Wed May 31, 2017 9:21 pm

So... the print copy isn't going to be updated with errata until the existing run is sold out. That's just how that works.

As for existing errata, there's this.

We're updating that as we can, and are more interested in collecting actual errors that affect rules and rulings, rather than typos whose correct meaning is obvious from context.

As for the PDF, I'll see what I can do to get the easy fixes in, but if you look at that document, you'll see some of the stuff is impractical to include, due to space and layout considerations.